It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel, Three Trips - Where Would You Go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you had access to a time machine and could take three trips to the past - where would you go?

My choices are in the following link

TIME TRIPS ARTICLE CLICK HERE

The Demise of the Dinosaurs - a look at theories re expanding earth and gravity - including the latest scientific information

Petra - The land of Human Giants

Roswell - project bluebeam

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I would travel back to the dark ages with several books on farming,ship building,dam building,basic electricity,medicine,tool making. Cant think of anyhting else but i would bring as much knowledge as i could find.
Then i would travlel 100 years forward to see how they progressed and try to help correct any mistakes. And i would also pass out more books on advanced science and medicine.
After that i would return home buy a space ship and relocate to a new planet providing that they didn't blow themselves up after i completely changed the world.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
True. The Dark Age = Fail

Seriously, we could be way more progressed if we would have build our civilization upon the great knowledge of the ancient civilizations like the Egyptians, Greek etc, instead devolving in the name of God.

I wouldn't interfere however with history, I would take a look at the construction of the Great Pyramid, and maybe hunt a Tyrannosaurus Rex or two.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Probably go back and see the Minoan civilization. If I'd have a good vantage point, to see thee tsunamis breaking over the island.

Probably want to go back to the battle of Fulford, where my family gets it's name from.

Then travel back to last night and get more sleep.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Interesting

For the dark age traveller you'd have a problem - no one could read your books unless they were written in Latin or Greek, nor could you speak with anyone either - and in the style of that period plus many of the terms, concepts and methodologies in your books would be meaningless...like santiation. You'd have to influence by your own actions.

Where would I go? The problem is that many key events are not accurately dated making it impossible to arrive for that date or occurrance instead you'd have to wait for decades or even centuries of time to see the effect.

The biological effect of your going back - taking back virus and bacteria that was more evolved would probably set of epidemics and you yourself might be subject to same in the reverse.

Perhaps the best solution would be to go forward where hopefully those in future would have had time to study the past and provide the information I would be searching for.

[edit on 15/11/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I would go back to when I was in junior high and scare the sh@#$ out of myself to go to college and give a crap about my grades in high school.

Then I would go back roughly 9000 years to see if Atlantis was real, if not oh well.

THEN,I go back kidnap a neanderthal, shave him down, and take him to school with me and my friend and teach him all about modern day douche baggery!

Wait that last ones been done......

top topics

join