It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. and San Fransico, Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Ten years? Why, we could all be Islamic by then! And you know what that means!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The god of the OT was different than the god of the NT. He was prescribed medical marijuana for his alzheimers and mellowed out from all his smiting, raining fire and so forth. He now lives in Long Beach and has lots of friends at The Gay & Lesbian Community Center of Greater Long Beach. He also spends lots of time on the beach soaking up rays and sailing on San Pedro Bay. So he would not rain fire on California.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Jezus

Ten years? Why, we could all be Islamic by then! And you know what that means!

I should have known ten years was a lot to you...

Regardless in less than ten years as people grow up, your point of view will be on par with...

"Woman shouldn't be allowed to vote..."

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

A lot can happen in ten years, my friend. A lot.

There's one thing that will never change, and doing something aberrant is still aberrant. Deviation is still deviation. An abomination is still going to be an abomination.

Wrong is still wrong, and if you'll consider nations all through history, even the most powerful, seemingly invulnerable to defeat, once their morals hit unacceptable levels, those countries suffered ruin. Causal effect? I wouldn't say that. Just an observation.

I suppose we can always hope!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TERAKO68

That's right. Because there is no good reply available.

Keep up the attacks. They demonstrate quite clearly that some folks are really - - - emotional. And that has no place with logic.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

A lot can happen in ten years, my friend. A lot.

I agree, but if you look at history people (almost) always become more enlightened as time goes on.

Subjugating woman was cool once...now it is wrong.

Slavery was allowed once...now it is wrong.

You think that homosexuality will be the one time when hate and prejudice go on forever?

I look at history and I look at the young people of this country who become more enlightened everyday.

This hate and ignorance will one day be a thing of the past, I don't think so, I know so.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper
[mor

Hey dooper,

I am having a good old fashion Stoning/Thanksgiving party this weekend and I would love you to attend.

Get this, my brother in law who I have never really liked was caught working on Sunday! Now, I know, I know...this in itself is grounds to kill him, but it gets worse! After he finished working, he went and threw around the pigskin with his buddies at the park and had the nerve to wear a poly cotton blend t-shirt! This SOB must die.

Sadly, my sister won't be able to attend because it appears she will be in the Menses hut for weekend and I will have to do all the cooking myself! (I was hoping I could aquire a nice young gal this week, but with all the recruiting by the homosexuals, no one is having kids anymore! Supply and demand have made the prices go up and their fathers are charging a premium).

I look forward to meeting you!

Send your RSVP to my email.

Your friend,

Terako68

[edit on 17-11-2008 by TERAKO68]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TERAKO68

I wonder if he/she is Mormon or Christian? Just saying, because if they were Mormon you could throw in that sinful coffee drinking too, oh what a joyful hypocrisy we live in.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Funny you bring up the coffee thing. I was born and raised in Salt Lake and when I was younger there were a few of my friends that were not allowed to come and play at my house because their were coffee drinkers in my household. Things are changing here though.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I just don't put anal sex and falatio on the same level as you do apparently. You see, I can see the difference between that and bestiality or pedophilia, the fact that you cannot is disturbing.

And again, i say to you, as I've sai three times to you in this thread, you are JUST AS SINFUL as the people you condemn. YOUR SINS ARE EQUAL TO THEIRS IN THE LORDS EYES. I think it's time you accept that.

wow, some religious people will just never grow up. It is sad that people with this dark age mentality are having an effect on the laws that everyone has to follow. If the founding fathers were alive to see what they founded this nation on be as absurdly corrupted as it is today, they would be aghast.

Heliosprime, bottom line, and I can say this with 99.9 percent certainty. God....... he doesn't exist. And your attitude is the prime reason why we need to do away with religion.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
LoL this is thread is so off-topic now.

Bah. Religion.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Heliosprime, bottom line, and I can say this with 99.9 percent certainty. God....... he doesn't exist. And your attitude is the prime reason why we need to do away with religion.

We do agree on one thing, doing away with so called "religion". 99.9% of the so called religions on this planet are fake, islam, catholic's, hindu, budda, most so called protestant's too.

Worshiping God isn't a religion it is a privilege, a requirment of HIS grace and mercy. God says homosexuality is an abomination, listen to him, repent and live, ignore him and die.............

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Can I just ask the OP what the Old Testament has to do with Christianity? And if Jesus refined, and in some cases, repudiated, the rules laid out in the Old Testament, then how can a Christian take specific verses from it and use them as truth when Jesus was the Truth?

Just explain to me how a Christian, presumably a follower of Christ, can preach hate and intolerance?

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. Jesus glorified HIS father YHWH.

Christ did not change anything.....

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

matt 5:17,18

www.biblegateway.com...

Jesus also didn't not come to do the "all is love" bit either........

matt 10:34

32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

So can I infer the .1 percent is designated to you personally, as the one true religion?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by heliosprime

So can I infer the .1 percent is designated to you personally, as the one true religion?

Errr...NO! listen to me, in revelations (before) Jesus returns to stop the insanity 4/5's of the planet is already dead.

"watch and pray always that you be found worthy to escape" (paraphrase)

21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Worshiping God isn't a religion it is a privilege, a requirment of HIS grace and mercy. God says homosexuality is an abomination, listen to him, repent and live, ignore him and die.............

The opposition from many of the Christians in this thread makes me think..

To use an analogy:

It's kinda like eating meat your whole life without ever seeing the process take place at the slaughterhouse. You finally meet the butcher for the first time, and you are like "God! that's what I have been supporting!?!".

You may not think you support guys like Heliosprime. But when you believe homosexuals are inherently wrong and sinful and will receive eternal damnation in hell if they don't repent for it. Makes homosexuals sound like they are 'hellish' to begin with. This idea fosters beliefs that breed people like Heliosprime.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Here is the most imortant verse to this thread.........

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

marrying and giving in marriage

This is a specific reference to "homosexual" marriage.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

The opposition from many of the Christians in this thread makes me think..

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

There are many different forms of antichrist, which actually means (instead of christ). Homosexuality itself is a false religion, a religion of selfish uncontrolled desire and gradification, immediate sexual fulfillment is the god homosexuals worship......

Demanding marriage (rights) and acceptance from the world is spitting in the very face of GOD himself.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join