It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. and San Fransico, Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The writing is on the wall in California.
Rampant fires.
Earthquakes including the ever looming "big one"
Mudslides.
Hollywood, and the crap that is produced there, is out of control.

Protesting about the rights of marriage. Hey protesters, you are only hurting your cause, why not settle for a legal civil union instead. I do believe that long term same sex couples should receive the legal benefits associated with a married couple. Just leave "marriage" on the table. If you think you need a techincal marriage in the eyes of the church to express your love, perhaps you should rethink your relationship.

This whole issue is simply turning into a reason to march and protest. The groupthink mentality has taken over and is coursing like a virus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Time to move on and compromise.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It’s disappointing that this topic can’t be discussed without an infestation of prejudice and ignorance.

Some of the Christian representatives on this topic seem to be using religion as justification for their own bigotry. I respect your belief in God. I also respect your belief in God’s teachings. If that means that you believe homosexuality to be an abomination, I respect that also. If that means that you believe I - as a homosexual - am an abomination or indulge in abominable acts, again I respect that too.

However, I do not respect the fact that you use the bible armed with venom and spite. Do you honestly think that God wants you to bring his message to us tainted with your malice and provocation?

How do you expect people to query their lifestyles, examine their lives and come closer to God if you revel in your belief that “they” are damned? Surely, if you wish to bring people to God, your message should be one of humility and love, even if it’s something which people don’t want to hear. Where is your offer of discussion to bring us God’s truth?

I suspect that you are less interested in discussing the intentions and meanings of God’s word, and simply wish to rejoice in your perceived “superiority”.

Rather than leaving us all with something to consider, you’re leaving people armed with yet another missile to throw at Christianity. Are you proud?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Please note: This thread is about "L.A. and San Fransico, Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah". This includes discussion about Sodom, Gomorrah, and homosexuality in the L.A. and San Francisco area. Are the recent fires a warning or judgment? Does Prop. 8 have any weight in the prophecy?

This thread IS NOT about what constitutes homosexuality or a discussion of if homosexuality is right or wrong, or if homosexuality is natural. That would be a totally different discussion.

Further off topic post will be removed.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
...Lots time just before fire rained down from God.....

Homosexuals demanding to be "accepted" as normal humans..........

[edit on 15-11-2008 by heliosprime]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Lot was the good guy in the whole Sodom and Gomorrah debacle... And, to prevent the townsfolk from raping the 2 angels sent to warn him of the shenanigans God was planning, he gave them his daughters to rape. How is it, exactly, that Lot was more moral than dudes who like dudes?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sidthekid26

There you go getting all personal. A favorite tactic of your kind apparently, since the argument cannot stand on its own merits.

Defensiveness is a sign of security? Not in my experience, and is usually a response to being attacked. Just because I don't approve of unnatural, aberrant sexual behavior isn't because I consider myself trapped in a mean little body, with mean little thoughts, of a mean little god.

I note that these who engage and defend this aberrant behavior quickly turn to the Christ aspect for the purpose of cherry-picking, always stressing the forgiveness aspect found in the New Testament.

I didn't bring biblical teachings up - you did - so have a good look.

God, (with the Christ being part of the Trinity, just like I am body, spirit, and soul - three yet one) is never-changing. The same today, yesterday, and tomorrow. That means that those things already identified by him as being abominations in the past, will be abominations today,and in the future.

He's not going to change His mind, regardless of how "progressive" mankind becomes in certain sectors. Some behavior is not acceptable to Him. Past or Future. Get over it.

A study of the Old Testament will show that it clearly taught Obedience. Brutal punishments of His own people resulted from disobedience. The New Testament did teach Grace. You obey, you change from your previous sinful ways that dominated your life in the past and you benefit from Grace. So while we are given a chance under the New Testament and His sacrifice, you better make sure you know the ground rules under the Old law.

You'll also note that for the forgiveness thing to work as taught by the Christ, you have to obey first. That's to change your life and turn from those behaviors that dominated your life in the past. You don't obey - you don't change - you don't benefit!

You can't actively wallow in filth , never changing from whatever sorry existence you lived before, and expect to be welcomed with open arms. If you are taking a chance on pulling a rabbit out of the hat in the last moment - you go ahead and give it a whirl.

You can belittle God all you want. Those throughout history have done far worse. You knock yourself out. Though slow in looking into His Book, he does look. And if there is any truth in His words, His fury burns at those who would deny Him. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
We live in a secular nation; no one has to live by the will of your God. I think post like this would have made Jesus sick, but unlike you Christians I won’t assume what any possible God thinks, or that he is on my side.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

These fires are a warning from God to the righteous people of california to flee before the destruction of BOTH cities of sin.

Oh please, dramatic much? This would be a non-issue if you religious people involved in Prop 8 minded your own business, gay marriage does not lawfully affect you. Live and let live or be pushed, when you push people push back. What a shock.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Let's not forget to throw Las Vegas into the Sodom and Gomorrah recipe for disaster. I have only visited once for business and I only hope that I don't have to return anytime soon.

I have never seen such excess, false hope, street filth, vagabonds, despair and open alcohol consumption in my life. I love a good drink, but gimme a break Vegas. Open containers on the street, I about s*** my pants when I saw that. Not to mention the sex card flapper dudes in my face. I would love to know how many drunk pedestrians are struck by cars every year. Now Penthouse magazine wants to build a hotel. What more could you ask for?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Los Angeles and the surrounding area is one of the most morally boring places I've ever lived. It's surprisingly uptight and repressed. You get more people up to much more monkey business in many more places than here.

Atlanta. Now there's a place worthy of some good old fashioned fire and brimstone, since half the people are praying for it and the other half are doing the naughty stuff to make it happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well, that in of itself is incredibly disturbing. I have never even heard of most of those. It's a pity that you think so low and so harshly of a group of people who are no more or less perfect and human than you.

This thread is silly. LA and SF are not Sodom and Gomorrah - that's ridiculous. California had bad fires and earthquakes long years, centuries, and millenia before any American set foot there. I know it's fashionable to bash homosexuals now because racism is faux paux, but really, c'mon.

Unless I'm forgetting something crucial, the God of the Old Testament is extremely different than the God of the New Testament. The God of the NT is a kind, loving, and forgiving creator, not a super violent judge like He was in the OT.

By all means, please, wait for your rapture all you want...until that time comes, why not try treating others as you would have others treat you?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You do realize not all gay men enjoy anal sex while many straight couples do? I actually meet a lot of men who don’t believe in anal sex for health reasons; they are more into frottage, etc. I find it amusing a lot of anti-gay or anti-gay marriage people bring up anal sex more than homosexuals I know. Why don’t you try it already and get it over with and stop blaming the homosexuals for fun you wish you were having, fun many straight people enjoy.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
[edit on 17-11-2008 by Jezus]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Your next argument is that LOVE is not "nasty." Love isn't nasty. Unnatural homosexual activity we find abominable. (see above.) Don't confuse "LOVE" with "LUST."

Are you for real?

You think you can decide what love is?

This really is the point of the whole issue.

Some people (for reasons I will never truly understand) think that they should and have the right to CONTROL and make decisions for other people.

No one really gives a fuk what you think, you can think anything you want about anything or anyone, you can think all people with green eyes are assholes, no one cares, just keep your beliefs out if public policy and legislation.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow. This is why I'm opposed to religion. Because of overly zealous, sub-human creatues like the thread starter. Not only are their thoughts incredibly disturbing, they are completely contradictory of their religion, and no better than the infidel hating Muslims.

Thread starter, if you think you are going to Heaven, you are gravely mistaken.

And for the record, I am straight, agnostic, and ANTI-religions, because of people like you.

Enjoy hell.

[edit on 11/17/2008 by prototism]

[edit on 11/17/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This thread may be silly, but it got a lot of people on here, didn't it?

As far as the God of the Old Testament being different from the God of the New Testament, unfortunately for those who would cherry-pick the scriptures, it's the very same God.

I don't really care for the mechanics of what homosexuals do, nor do I wish to know. Working in a hospital, I saw some of the more unbelievable things that were practiced, and it was disgusting enough to knock a buzzard off a gut wagon.

Jesuz, I don't care to make determinations for others about love. You have no argument. His statement was that love was not nasty. I agreed.

Your next false accusation was that I somehow wanted to make decisions for other people. I don't care what folks do in private, and you can break out the Gerbils for all I care.

I simply object to bringing this aberrant behavior into the realm of marriage. Get a contract, get a will, whatever else you want to take care of your legal concerns.

Next we'll have some yahoo demanding his Constitutional rights to marry his chicken, dog, burro, or whatever. But that wouldn't bother you a bit, would it? After all, anyone should be free to do anything they want!

I really don't care about your opinion either, especially when you don't even have the capacity to grasp and assimilate the concepts that you try to argue.

But you're dead wrong if you think I'll ever be intimidated to keep my opinions to myself and stay out of public opinion, legislation, or policies.

I'm not going away.

Get over it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

No, sadly, it seems like you are not going away. Hopefully though you will grow up.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
But you're dead wrong if you think I'll ever be intimidated to keep my opinions to myself and stay out of public opinion, legislation, or policies.

I'm not going away.

Get over it.

Hey, you can vocalize hate and prejudice all you want.

But you opinions CERTAINLY will be out of legislation and public policies in the next ten years.

The youth of this country will out live the old bigotry and ignorance of the past.

With your point of view the world and society are going to become increasingly more disturbing to you. Homosexuals are not going to go away. Get over it. And as people become more enlightened and accepting of others, homosexuality will be just as much in your face as heterosexuality.

Scary huh?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join