It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. and San Fransico, Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Gah, just let them marry, and leave condamnation for the God.

For the sake of the reason, I have always wondered how it is possible for gay people to have a religious marriage, when the religion specifically condemns it? I have no problems with registered affairs, officially declared, but I find it bit hypocrite to demand something that is forbidden by the religion. If this trend continues, we shall soon be seeing arguments of satan worshippers demanding to have their satanic mess to be held in church on saturndays

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by in2delite

I have to disagree with this quote here..

I do believe that God wiped out those two cities from the face of the earth for one & one reason only: homosexuality.

I have to disagree here ..though this was a part of the problem. What was going in in Sodom and Gomorrah...was done by both homosexuals and straights. THe glorifying of humanity by sexuality of all kinds ...male and female. Across the board.

This is the source of my statement earlier that proper people..both gay and straight do not define whom and what they are by their sexuality...ever.
People are defined by thier lineage, their occupations, or some great work they have done and left to posterity. Never by thier sexuality.

The problem with the Homosexual community is that their only claim to fame is thier sexual orientation....though this is also done by many straights. Homosexuals have no monopoly on this type of behavior. They are just some of the more vocal about it...since they are slated to become one the new influential voting blocks.

Are we so far gone as a people and thinkers that no one seems to notice that this is a very strange standard or non standard for a people by which to identify themselves.??

And the crux of many on this thread is that if one speaks against this or expresses a different view ..there is something wrong with them for not accepting this.
I can assure you folks that many people out here do not accept rapmant runaway definition of people by sexuality/sexual orientation..gay or straight.

Notice that what I am telling you here..is not declared by our body politic, our educational systems, nor our intelligentsia. You as individual people are never to have this line of thought in your abilities. You are never to be thus armed. You must be limited in your thinking or abilities in this arena.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 17-11-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
They truely are representing Sodom and Ghomorrah. Whats going to happen if they pass it then start letting homosexual married men adopt children? Or boys rather?

How would in the closet sexual predators fit in through all of this? What a huge melting pandoras box were opening isnt it?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I didn't attempt to damn you, I am only pointing out that these behaviors that you hate so much and don't want "shoved in your face" are no worse in God's eyes than any sin you *or* I for that matter commit. Because none of us are without sin, I believe we should focus on followinf God's word OURSELVES and quit trying to demand that others do, that's all. I never said I APPROVE of anything, I just refuse to force my spiritual or religious beliefs on anyone and I absolutely refuse to call consenting adults some of the things you have called them in this thread, or refer to them in the manners that you have. Because, again, a sin is a sin, and we could just as easily be having this same debate about obese people eating at McDonald's or people getting tattoos...because those sins are exactly the same. So, perhaps, God rained down fire because too many people in Los Angeles have tattoos and piercings and BOY OH BOY they DO flaunt that sin right in all of our faces!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Religion and greed are the cause of all wars. It makes me sick to my stomach. There will never be peace on Earth as long as there are religious zealots.

Regarding the age of marriage (forgive me for being off topic, but since it was brought up, I wanted to share):

Originally posted by Simplynoone
The average age of marriage in the late thirteenth into the fifteenth century was around 25 years of age.[14] In fact, during the 13th century in England it was unlawful for a woman younger than 24 years to marry. However, this changed, beginning in the 1500s, to 20 years of age.[15]

Roman law gave the minimum age for marriage as that of puberty which was 14 for boys and 12 for girls; these remained the legal age for marriage until the late 19th Century in Britain though that for girls seemed to be assumed also to be 14. There is however evidence that child marriages were reasonably common in North West England in the 16th century

source

In the 16th century marriages were usually arranged, except for the poorest people. Divorce was unknown. (Though marriages were occasionally annulled. That is it was declared they had never been valid). Legally girls could marry when they were 12 years old. However normally it was only girls from rich families who married young. The majority of women married in their mid-20s.

source

It thus became possible for couples to get married secretly if they could not obtain anyone else's approval. It also became possible for very young children to be married, if their parents could coax the necessary consent out of them. Especially aristocratic families often took advantage of this possibility when they found a politically advantageous match for their little sons or daughters. On the average, however, males married in their mid-twenties, and females in their early teens (i.e., soon after their first menstruation).

source

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
They truely are representing Sodom and Ghomorrah. Whats going to happen if they pass it then start letting homosexual married men adopt children? Or boys rather?

How would in the closet sexual predators fit in through all of this? What a huge melting pandoras box were opening isnt it?

Perhaps you should research statistics relating to Pedophilia. They are very rarely (in relation to the number of these crimes committed) committed by Gay males. The majority of those crimes are committed by straight men.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You are right about San Fransico i love the place and the best club in town is the Power Exchange.
powerexchange.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The ignorance and hate on this thread by supposed "christians" is so ridiculous its laughable. I hope that I am there the day your god appears here on earth. You will flail helplessly and throw yourself down onto your knees, and proclaim to your god about how you have done his bidding and perpetuated hate and ignorance. Your god will throw back his head, laugh, and then strike you down and drink your blood.

Didnt you ever think about how strange it is that Catholics "eat the body" of Christ and "drink his blood" metaphorically? I wonder where that little ritual started.

Your bible, your god, it is all so sad and funny at the same time that you believe any of this putrid garbage. Its a decent book of fairy tales, part of it has a good message, and the rest has been changed to create exactly what we see on earth today and in this thread. Sad pathetic little people who believe that any benevolent creator would care what its creation would do if it doesnt hurt anyone. It takes a little common sense and some rational thinking to realize that the bible is false. The idea of one "god" who is everything is an idea that is inherently flawed. How can something that is infinite be a singular entity anyways?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SaintlyMic

zomg.

are you serious?
The OP used tough love?
No, there is no love at all.

People are angry at the OP because he violated T&C, and seriously, a mod should have been on this by now.

Your not allowed to call a certain race, religion, gender names.
You can point to your side with facts and theories, but not just state that they are abominations.

Everyone on ATS should feel welcome.
What does this promote?
Nothing but more hate.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

Arent you not supposed to make assumptions and judge people in the first place?

This thread shows the many flaws of Christians today... and your post adds to it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

We must look at the reason for the destruction of Sodom ,Gomorrah, Adamah and Zeboyim to find the answer about the destruction of Mystery Babylon. The people within these cities were very evil but the reason for its destruction was because of their Wicked government mainly; the judges that were over the city.When a Kingdoms Government is as wicked as the people themselves such as the killing of innocent blood then that Kingdom as a whole will be judged. These Kingdoms were killing innocent people, practicing in Sodomy, Homosexuality and many other innumerable sins and the Government would make laws to protect the evil and destroy the innocent. When a government begins that practice then it is time for the judgment of Eloheem “God” to come down. We can read about these cities in Gen.19 and in The Apochryphay of Jasher19. Eloheem (God) always destroys the people and/or city and/or the Kingdom that is allowing the religious fornication not the Religious systems themselves. Even though Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed the systems of their sin continued . These will go on until Eloheem (God) puts down all rebellion in Rev.20:7-15. . then all sin will be cast into the lake of fire.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

This thread shows the many flaws of Christians today... and your post adds to it.

So where did something like Homosexuality come from then, if you dont mind me asking you? Youll say something like Homosexuality is completely normal and that people are born that way. Ill say something in the nature of that it relates to a mental disability.

Do you get where Im going with this?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Can I just ask the OP what the Old Testament has to do with Christianity? And if Jesus refined, and in some cases, repudiated, the rules laid out in the Old Testament, then how can a Christian take specific verses from it and use them as truth when Jesus was the Truth?

Just explain to me how a Christian, presumably a follower of Christ, can preach hate and intolerance?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Defensiveness is a sign of insecurity. I'll give you my run down on something that I notice. I think that your hostility is really a cry for help, because you don't want to be trapped in that mean little body of yours anymore with your mean little thoughts about a mean, fictional little deity. You're trying to build up your own beliefs by finding others hateful and vile enough to agree with you, and you're searching in the right community. I've met many wonderful Christians, but I have to say that there are quite an abundance of rotten apples in your number as well.

It's a pity the question isn't asked more often, "What would Jesus do?" Would he sit around berating "sinners" on ATS forums all night, spreading the disease of hatred? Was that REALLY what he stood for? REALLY?

Because if memory serves correctly, he spent a lot of time in the "gutter" with the "abominations". Rather than separating himself entirely from them, he actually called them his friends. What a whacko radical!

Stop spreading your filth and get a life. And if you're ever bored, visit the gutter. We do things differently down here.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Oh my gosh, you really cannot be that ignorant can you?

Seriously you are kidding right?

It has been proven time and time again, that the vast (and I mean VAST) majority of sexual predators are heterosexual.

There is absolutely NO LINK between Homosexuality and sexual abuse. None, nada, zero.
Don't let any right-wing Christian nutjob try to tell you differently. Get up off your lazy backside and do the research before making wild and disgustingly offensive accusations like that.

Seriously, do you really Hate gay people that much?

I am officially losing all respect for those who follow Christian beliefs. I'm sorry to all you intelligent Christians out there, but your fellow extremists are ruining your image. I try to remember that you're not all so retarded, but when the voice of hatred is so loud it's hard to hear the intelligent ones.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

So where did something like Homosexuality come from then, if you dont mind me asking you? Youll say something like Homosexuality is completely normal and that people are born that way. Ill say something in the nature of that it relates to a mental disability.

You'd know if you did any research instead of relying on your hate-filled "church", exists throughout nature.
Animals have no concept of good and bad, saintly or evil. They make no choices in sexuality, it is all natural instinct and basic desire.

There is nothing in this world that is "unnatural". That in itself is an oxymoron. If something is unnatural it cannot exist in nature and therefore cannot be unnatural.

You see where I am going with this?

Please, please try educating yourself before trying to argue your point.
You, and several others in this thread, are simply coming off as hateful crazies with nothing to back up your very loose claims but quotes from the Bible and religious propaganda.

My, for a place so free-thinking, there really are some seriously warped and closed minds here.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well, thats great. You would never burn a witch or a heretic. My point was, YOU people had your shot. At one point you controlled society. And it did lead to witch burning, and the inquisition. And the crusades. So no matter how perverted you think society is now, man, it is so better than it used to be.

You are part of a majority in country going downhill due to it's own agressiveness and conservatism. Thats why most morons think like you, because they are indoctrinaded by a culture of hate and misunderstanding. Luckily, many amercians are not like you, and denounce you for what you are. The root of the problem.

You say homosexuality is wrong. I say, by what standards ? Every species on this planet which has a develloped social sexuality has it's lot of gays. So you saying that it is "an abomination, is false. Check out the definition for abomination. It means "un-natural". Which, if you check out the other species around us, it is obviously not.
I don't believe that society is going down the drain - I know it! My God, just look around!

You sound like a child. "It's nasty". Well love isn't nasty, as Jesus theoretically taught. Nor is it immoral. I do blame every bigoted religion, including your's, which ever it is, to be the root of most of the problems on this earth. Not gays. Things sucked even more when religious crackpots used to burn them for being sodomites. Check out the middle east. despite all the respect I have for these ancient cultures, look what Islam has done to them. Would you like to live in one of these countries where they execute gays ? No. Because they would kill you to for being a heretic. That's all religions ever preach, hatred intolerance and violence.

What is tiresome is putting up with your sad backwards beliefs, and your insulting remarks towards other human beings you neither understand or accept.

So you have this macho thing going on about fearing no man. Wow. You must be so virile. So the opposite of gay. You are a REAL MAN. Anyhow, I live in the real world, not some fantasy I read in a book that makes you believe you are indestructible and the epitome of what a MAN sould be.. So me, I am afraid of some men. Men who think like you scare the everliving daylights out of me. Which is why I fight them whereever I can. As long as there are people like you, I will feel insecure about raising my kids in this world.

I think you got the wrong gist. I did not think that "fudge pushing" was in any way witty, or even funny. I think it's sad.

Is anyone forcing you to attend a civil ceremony during which two people of the same sex get married ? Don't think so. So what's all this "rubbing it in my face" ? And wow. You will "take it personally" ? Are you threatening someone with physical violence there ? Very "christian" of you. You seem to have a hormone problem. Why is the subject getting you all hot and bothered ?

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Ismail]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Saying that a gay couple will sexually abuse young boys is about as accurate as declaring that straight men who adopt will rape if they adopt a girl, because they sexually desire women. Your logic is warped, and you talk like someone who does not even know what gay means.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Ismail]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

No, Ill say God made homosexuals.
Just as he created everything else.

you can say whatever you like, it just wont mean much to me as I dont agree with anything your saying.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join