It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. and San Fransico, Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

You know I consider myself a Christian and don't really appreciate the generalization. You're being just as bad as what you're attacking. Some people will say that I cannot be Christian and not hate gays, but I know a lot who are like me. I certainly don't think I'm better than anyone, and realize that I may be wrong. Don't blame us all, and don't belittle everyone who has different views than you.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So much hate in one thread...and most of it coming from a religion of love...
Sad state of affairs.
Kudos and a star to dizzydame for having an open mind and not judging others based on her religion.
For the record, I'm not gay but have no issues with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ismail, your girlfriend will not do in public whatever she wants with her body. There are laws. Go to your local WalMart with her in her miniskirt and havew her start slopping a hummer out front. You'll both be arrested.

Do the same thing in private, and who gives a tinker's damn?

What homosexuals do in private is their own affair. Doesn't bother me at all. Just keep it off the streets.

That was really a poor analogy.

Flyindevil - that was a great, unbelievably insightful and intuitive statement. Unfortunately, there is a Bible. You may also recall that after the fall of the Shah of Iran, what the Muslims did after rounding up all the gays there. So you'd have to include the Qur'an. They execute gays over there!

Odd that both religions find the practice an abomination. And it's not even the same God.

Ismail. As for your morals being less hateful than mine, I'll give you a pass on that one. Tolerance in a society can be a highly destructive mechanism, often leading to unnecessary deaths. I guess that means you may actually be more destructive toward mankind than me - if that's your logic.

Incarnated. I'm not a busybody in other's lives. I just don't like aberrant sexual orientations forcing their choices into my life. See the difference?

And for one who is godless, I do recall the Christ condemning certain groups and their behaviors in His own words. So get off that ladder. You aren't any taller than me. And for a man without a god, you can't tell me anything about mine.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain
I am not sure on this but I've been needing this answered...

Doesn't the concept of marraige/union have its origin in the Bible?

If so why do the homosexuals fight against the Bible with one hand and with the other seek to apply its concepts to their life style?

Am I missing something here?

Yes, you miss the act that one must be male and the other female in said marriage. In addition they must obey the comandments of God..........

They both must repent of their vile abominable homosexual ways.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by md11forever
So much hate in one thread...and most of it coming from a religion of love...
Sad state of affairs.
Kudos and a star to dizzydame for having an open mind and not judging others based on her religion.
For the record, I'm not gay but have no issues with it.

Thats all very nice and PC to tell your friends at dinner parties, BUT, God does not agree. Homosexuality is an abomination......repent or die in the lake of fire...........

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
So basically, you have problem with gays exhibiting SEXUAL behaviour in public. Well as my mini-skirt example proves, you can exihibit some form of sexuality, but obviously not too much. The law is the same for gays and straits. So what are you afraid of. If you see something offensive, you report it. Unless of course you believe kissing or hugging in public is offensive ?

Oh, and about the "god thing", I tend to know more about the bible and god than most christians I talk with. Because for one I have read it several times. Secondly I was a believer at one time. Then I grew up and discovered that critical thinking is healthier than blind belief, bigotry, auto-flagellation and hatred. I don't think faith is pre-requiste for analysing a book, whomever the author is supposed to be.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonemaverick
reply to post by heliosprime

You forgot to mention John 8:7, Let he that is without sin cast the first stone.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by lonemaverick]

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/15/08 by niteboy82]

Err, this is not me making a judgment it is God, Where did I say "stone'm"?

I didn't, I was just pointing out what God says and what he has done in the past..............sorry there satan you pointed that finger at the wrong person.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I thought that you were allready dead when you get to that lake of fire part. Religion. Terribly incoherent.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail

Oh, and about the "god thing", I tend to know more about the bible and god than most christians I talk with. Because for one I have read it several times. Secondly I was a believer at one time. Then I grew up and discovered that critical thinking is healthier than blind belief, bigotry, auto-flagellation and hatred. I don't think faith is pre-requiste for analysing a book, whomever the author is supposed to be.

Nice typical overeducated self delusional statement. Zen this..............

Repent of your ways or be cast into the lake of fire...........
True "critical" thinking arives squarely back at the lap of God, the real source of science and critial thinking..........

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

You read the Bible several times?

"Frederick the Great's horse accompanied him on seven different campaigns. And he was still just a dumb horse."

There are those with eyes, but cannot see, those with ears, who do not hear . . . you must be very proud of your superior intellect.

And it shows.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

No, I'm not proud of my knowledge, for it will pass away with my body. I am honoured to be human. Although i'm encountering serious obstacles at the moment actually.

Your "truth" is so full of inconsistencies, and so open to interpretation, that it has caused far more suffering than tolerance ever could. Here's one to begin with. The bible was not written in english. The translation is awfull, approximative, and orchestrated by the clergy to suit thier own agenda. For example, there is no sin of "gluttoney". That was invented to replace "though shall not make any representations of god". Which would have been a shame whith all those churches full of guys on crosses.

The concept of "one truth" is, in it's self, totally inept.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
it is scary that people are so brainwashed as to quote from the bible and believe its real. im getting to the point where i think some people who are obsessed or really believe word for word these outdated religious beliefs should be locked up in a mental institution. the person who posted this actually said hes just repeating gods word, WOW

i mean, this guy actually says this is god telling people repent or die, hahahahahahahahahahhahahah, talk about mentally unstable.

QUESTION - what makes people belive religon word for word, i know in cults its just basically people who are very easily manipulated and not very smart, but what about normal people brainwashed by the major cults (christian, catholic, muslim, jew, etc?) is it just that their families instill this on them, or what the HELL is going on with that?

very sad stuff, i hope people can take their faith with them when they pass on...

ON LAST QUESTION - maybe this needs it's own thread, but can anyone here argue why their religion is right? why buddism or muslim faith is right and not jew or christian or catholoic, or scientologist?

whatever, but to the guy saying god hates gays hahahahh

god made them

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by icu20

They can't open a thread about it. The historical tradition to this little debate is war and slaughter. No point in getting them arguing about it. They will end up killing eachother just to prove their point. Literally. They can't just argue, because at some point in an argument, you need some form of rationality to stabilize people around the subject. These guys are on different planets, and wouldn't recogize logic if it bit them in the face.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Anyhow, i'll let you carry on blindly believing what ever you what to believe. I feel for you, really, because you both remind me of what I used to be. The worst years of my life they were, when I had faith. I know the feeling. It's reasuring and warm, like a mother. And the worst part is, it's actually pain you inflict upon yourself, and you don't even realize it until you let go.

A shame.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The homosexual terrorism has begun.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

I don't remind you of what you used to be. I'm nothing like you and take great pleasure in that certain knowledge. No self-flagellation, no feelings of inadequacy on my part, so you must have been doing something wrong.

You see, you had no investment. Therefore, you weren't getting anything out of it.

You never, ever, had what I have, and from appearances, you never will.

Too bad for you.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

With four helicopters flying overhead, we had no idea what to expect early this evening at Market and Seventh Street, at least in terms of turnout, regarding tonight's Prop. 8 protest.

It was huge. Massive.

Although SFGate (via AP) reports a scant 1,000 protesters, we can safely say that that number is false. People who showed up to protest the passing of prop. 8 -- gay, straight, tranny, black, Latino, Mormon, rich, poor, Christian, white, atheist, even a couple of furries -- were there in numbers that reached the thousands.

As of 8:15 p.m., we're hearing a number of around 25,000 people, at least according to KPIX. PinkNews reports 15,000+.

sfist.com...

There is little doubt that the passage of prop 8 has brought out the abominations of mankind into the streets demanding to "know the strangers" and they did in Lots time just before fire rained down from God.....

Homosexuals demanding to be "accepted" as normal humans..........

Much of the damage to homes and a small Christian college occurred overnight Thursday, but several more homes burned Friday in Montecito, a quaint area that has attracted celebrities such as Rob Lowe, Jeff Bridges, Michael Douglas and Oprah Winfrey. More than 1,000 firefighters worked to contain the blaze.

"It's not a time to relax," Santa Barbara County Deputy Fire Chief Tom Franklin said late Friday. "Everybody's got to be diligent through tonight."

Franklin said up to 200 homes may have burned in the area and asked for patience as crews tried to catalog the devastation in hilly areas accessible only by winding roads.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

These fires are a warning from God to the righteous people of california to flee before the destruction of BOTH cities of sin.

Is it only a coincidence than these fire, the worst ever seen,have "popped" up just days after the abominations of God took to the streets?

The wrath of the Lord God will soon rain destruction of those who basphem his name demanding to corrupt "holy" marriage of a man and woman.

Repent or DIE...........

[edit on 15-11-2008 by heliosprime]

GOD AND THE BIBLE ARE BOTH PROBABLY THE BEST FICTICIOUS BOOK AND MYTH THAT EVER WAS CREATED AS A WAY TO PUT MORE FEAR INTO MAN AND FOR THE MOST PART IT HAS WORKED!!!!!!!

I LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO DUDE AND UNTIL YOU'VE BEEN WITH 2 OR MORE WOMEN AT THE SAME TIME IN A DRUG INDUCED FRENZY DONT KNOCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The question that is debated is this: Is God condemning the people because they were homosexual or because they were cruel, selfish and showed no mercy or compassion to others? Ezekiel 16:49-50 answers many of these questions when he states: "Behold, this was the inequity of your sister Sodom: pride, overabundance of food (in Hebrew this phrase literally means eating to the point of retching...), prosperous ease, and idleness were hers and her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abominable offenses before Me."

In other words they were evil and self-centered people who totally ignored God and thought nothing of attacking, raping and killing people. Here is where the interpretations begin to differ. One side believes the sin of the Sodomites was the method of rape they intended to inflict upon the angels (i.e. the act of sodomy), while the other side believes the fact that the Sodomites wanted to attack and harm the strangers at all demonstrated the evil nature of these people and their complete abandonment of the law of Love. In other words it wasn’t the method of rape that was important - but the fact that the Sodomites wanted to rape and kill them at all that is truly the issue!
Source

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Oh My.

Be careful.

God may have to send a "gay" to help you one day,
in a time of need -

This is how "God" really works.

Better start loving them now.

PS. He didn't cause the fires.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The title and initial opinion are almost as funny as the asteroid that was to hit today. The only problem is that they may really believe it. Christians bible thumpers sure like try and ruin other peoples lives. Your bible says only your god can judge people and that he would not bring anymore destruction after the flood until he returns. So you can be sure that a few fires in CA are not the wrath of your god.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join