It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. and San Fransico, Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Interesting points made, I'll come back and edit this to address each one. I'm playing taxi today and have little time now but I popped in here to let you know I haven't forgotten, and I appreciate your time.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
reply to post by orangetom1999

Interesting points made, I'll come back and edit this to address each one. I'm playing taxi today and have little time now but I popped in here to let you know I haven't forgotten, and I appreciate your time.

Yes...I understand. While I am not playing taxi per se..I too have lots to do this weekend and a full schedule including working. Also appreciate your time and the heads up. Drive carefully out there.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

No I am no "better" than anyone else, the difference is I am seeking to understand the will of God and follow his teachings. His son was perfect in this action, and as "christians" we are to do and Jesus did........follow the fathers will............ -Heliosprime

After reading this I have much respect for you. I have just heard so many people who call themselves christians judge other people and act as though they alone know the will of God. After reading your post it is apparent to me that you are not one of these blind sheep. It is true that the bible has been mistranslated and corrupted by man. The word of GOD alone is immutable. I only believe those who say they search for truth. Never believe those who say they have found it.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
reply to post by mmariebored

...they worship the creature and not the Creator. This is abomination.

I can understand why you believe this is an "abomination" that carried over to the N.T., because of the "most important law" Jesus spoke of, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind..." It makes sense, in the Biblical context. What I was looking for was the scripture varifying the claim, like this one being Matthew 22:36-38.

To glorify ones sexuality...sexual orientation..homo or hetero is to worship the creature and not the Creator. This is one facet of the unclean thing. It is also another thing disapproved of both New and Old Testaments...vanity.

I disagree with this. I believe it's a very beautiful thing, our sexual differences, and that part of humanity does not have to be made to be ugly. It's not about "glorifying" our sexuality, it's about admiring our differences without slipping into the perversive excesses. All excesses are perversive because it corrupts your entire being, becomes who you are inside, and what people see when they look at you. That's what I consider "wrong".

But as human beings, we go through stages and one stage revolves around procreation for the continuing of our gene pool and that's why, for a short time in our life, it's normal to physically express, amplify and draw attention to our sexuality for whom we're trying to attract.

As I stated earlier, though, most people pass this stage and taper it down a bit once their hormones settle down.

Oh no they do not!! Not everyone knows this!! All I have to do is go out about town on a Friday/Saturday night and observe wildlife in its natural animal habitat. Going about like advertising billboards ..male and female.
From this we get the joke about "Meat Lockers." Though it is said often in jest and mockery there is an air of truth about it. For many are hunting/advertising..trolling ..for prey..using artificial baits...lures. Male and Female.
I know people who have never learned it...they think it is the only game in town. They still worship the creature..and not the Creator....as they are trying to go another round before the biology runs out..

We're force-fed this mentality, I agree, but most people do learn to express their other attributes to the world, some later than others, some people, never.
We grow up, we start to see that the world will always offer good and bad, in everything we see/hear/feel/smell/eat etc., and it's up to us to decide who we become because of our choices.

...and the clock strikes midnight Cinderella. Not only that...they do this thinking no one sees what they do.

Oh I'm pretty sure in this age of technological advancement people know there's no more such thing as "privacy".

Let me give you and example of this vanity...in the form of an idol and part of Idol worship..,man made traditions.

Take a close look at Jeremiah chapter 10 verses 3&4. Do you know a people who would claim to believe in the Lord and yet carry on with such man made vanity?? Such man made traditions?? That they would bring a tree into the home, nail it up, and deck it about with gold and silver. That they would make merry and send gifts one to another?? Yet so few of them even notice this ..they have been doing it so long ..that they... like the Abominations of the Children of Israel...think this is entirely normal. They no longer know the difference.
Oh...and while we are at it...does this look like it is only an Olde Testament phenomonon since it is only mentioned there. Would anyone be carrying on this same "tradition of men", this "vanity" today???

Christmas is not vanity or worship of the traditions of men. It's different for many people, like everything. To some it's all about getting and giving gifts, to others it's about spending time with family you haven't seen in a while, to others it's about making sad people happy. Please tell me you're not making Christmas evil.

"Good, then I declare the only law that shall henceforth be relevant is "An ye harm none."

LOL LOL Talmudism again. The We are all priests unto God refers to Believers. You and I worship a different God mmariebored. That much I know. No problem here. You have a very different priesthood/religion. We are not the same.

I see you thought it was funny, at least. It was meant to be a joke. I was actually thinking of the Wiccan version "An it harm none, do what ye will.", though I'm not Wiccan, I don't believe in ANY religion out there and as far as God goes, I'm agnostic(which is NOT a religion). You might even say it was the Jesus version, "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself."

"Maybe a better word for "abominations" is excesses.
Like excess in food, alcohol, med usage, sex etc.
Because if you put it like that, people will not get so angry with you for lying to them by trying to convince them that your source of ideals came from God and not common sense. But then you wouldn't have homosexual argument."

The word for it is abomination. Not Talmudic readjustments...like politics are wont to do or try on the unwary. And politics is very Talmudic. Let us sugar coat it so that no one notices what it is..or the pattern under which it operates or attempts to pass for something it is not. That way ..by changing the name...to excesses or whatever is the next subtlety to privily be inserted in place of abominations....people will not notice and we have privily taken away by subtlety...the homosexual argument. We have neutralized opposition..independent thought ...competition.

The subtle pattern among social engineers...using/misusing words..is that if a word or pattern can be inserted into a peoples unconscious thought...swapped..if you like...then you can now control how a people think and eventually conduct themselves. Guilt conditioning works very much like this. But you must carefully lead them down this path. It works better if they think it is their idea. Advertising is very much like this. Jingles, catchy song lyrics/slogans..very subconscious. I can see politicians doing this often. Today's politicians very much like and appreciate guilt conditioning.
Guilt conditioning is very good for votes and dollars. Guilt conditioning does not work on me. I have seen to much of it used and misused.

And that was the end of it. You provided no grounds for your claim and answered none of my questions, which tells me that you can't prove, from a Biblical perspective, that homosexuality "carried over" into the N.T. as an "abomination".

Oh..and before I sign off...yes, you are correct. We did not have this particular discussion on another board..but as I recall you did ask a good question on another board.

What board? Do you mean under this screen name? Because if you mean under this screen name, I've only used it on two boards. I've used other names but, like this screen name, I've always remained anonymous, so you either have me confused with someone else or you're stalking my IP. Sinse I doubt you're stalking my IP, I'm going to assume you have mistaken me for someone else, because I highly doubt you can say that you recognise me just by my style of debating and the content of my debates because there are literally thousands of boards on the internet and hundreds of millions of screen names used on them.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

With four helicopters flying overhead, we had no idea what to expect early this evening at Market and Seventh Street, at least in terms of turnout, regarding tonight's Prop. 8 protest.

It was huge. Massive.

Although SFGate (via AP) reports a scant 1,000 protesters, we can safely say that that number is false. People who showed up to protest the passing of prop. 8 -- gay, straight, tranny, black, Latino, Mormon, rich, poor, Christian, white, atheist, even a couple of furries -- were there in numbers that reached the thousands.

As of 8:15 p.m., we're hearing a number of around 25,000 people, at least according to KPIX. PinkNews reports 15,000+.

sfist.com...

There is little doubt that the passage of prop 8 has brought out the abominations of mankind into the streets demanding to "know the strangers" and they did in Lots time just before fire rained down from God.....

Homosexuals demanding to be "accepted" as normal humans..........

Much of the damage to homes and a small Christian college occurred overnight Thursday, but several more homes burned Friday in Montecito, a quaint area that has attracted celebrities such as Rob Lowe, Jeff Bridges, Michael Douglas and Oprah Winfrey. More than 1,000 firefighters worked to contain the blaze.

"It's not a time to relax," Santa Barbara County Deputy Fire Chief Tom Franklin said late Friday. "Everybody's got to be diligent through tonight."

Franklin said up to 200 homes may have burned in the area and asked for patience as crews tried to catalog the devastation in hilly areas accessible only by winding roads.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

These fires are a warning from God to the righteous people of california to flee before the destruction of BOTH cities of sin.

Is it only a coincidence than these fire, the worst ever seen,have "popped" up just days after the abominations of God took to the streets?

The wrath of the Lord God will soon rain destruction of those who basphem his name demanding to corrupt "holy" marriage of a man and woman.

Repent or DIE...........

[edit on 15-11-2008 by heliosprime]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS DUDE?????

As a Native Californian and state resident I think your just pissed off cause as Californians we are far superior to anybody East of California, we have it all 24/7 365 days a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPOOKYSADVOCATE

As a Native Californian and state resident I think your just pissed off cause as Californians we are far superior to anybody East of California, we have it all 24/7 365 days a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So just what is "it" that you have? Annual fires burning thousands of acres of land that destroys homes, businesses, wildlife, etc, etc......

Eposodic earthquakes that destroy homes, businesses, wildlife, etc, etc......

Street gang murders, drug gang murders, the complete insanity that "IS" San Fransicko..........I am sure that's how Sodom and Gomorrah felt too......

Right up until the fire rained down..........

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sodom and Gomorrah is about how people are supposed to treat guests. Sure, there were men that wanted to have anal sex with Lot's male guests, but don't we remember what happened after that?
Oh yea, Lot said, "Woah guys, they're my guests! You can't do that! Here, rape my virgin daughters instead."
(Actual verse Genesis 19:6-8 "Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, 'No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.'")
Lot offered to throw his daughters outside to those sickos to protect his guests. That's the good guy in the story?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

With four helicopters flying overhead, we had no idea what to expect early this evening at Market and Seventh Street, at least in terms of turnout, regarding tonight's Prop. 8 protest.

It was huge. Massive.

Although SFGate (via AP) reports a scant 1,000 protesters, we can safely say that that number is false. People who showed up to protest the passing of prop. 8 -- gay, straight, tranny, black, Latino, Mormon, rich, poor, Christian, white, atheist, even a couple of furries -- were there in numbers that reached the thousands.

As of 8:15 p.m., we're hearing a number of around 25,000 people, at least according to KPIX. PinkNews reports 15,000+.

sfist.com...

There is little doubt that the passage of prop 8 has brought out the abominations of mankind into the streets demanding to "know the strangers" and they did in Lots time just before fire rained down from God.....

Homosexuals demanding to be "accepted" as normal humans..........

Much of the damage to homes and a small Christian college occurred overnight Thursday, but several more homes burned Friday in Montecito, a quaint area that has attracted celebrities such as Rob Lowe, Jeff Bridges, Michael Douglas and Oprah Winfrey. More than 1,000 firefighters worked to contain the blaze.

"It's not a time to relax," Santa Barbara County Deputy Fire Chief Tom Franklin said late Friday. "Everybody's got to be diligent through tonight."

Franklin said up to 200 homes may have burned in the area and asked for patience as crews tried to catalog the devastation in hilly areas accessible only by winding roads.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

These fires are a warning from God to the righteous people of california to flee before the destruction of BOTH cities of sin.

Is it only a coincidence than these fire, the worst ever seen,have "popped" up just days after the abominations of God took to the streets?

The wrath of the Lord God will soon rain destruction of those who basphem his name demanding to corrupt "holy" marriage of a man and woman.

Repent or DIE...........

[edit on 15-11-2008 by heliosprime]

For the love of...
"Judge not lest ye be judged yourself"
Ok, first of all, I'm pretty sure that homosexuality is a sin as described in the Bible. That being said, it is one on a long list of the sins comitted daily by human kind. There are far worse sins, the kind that both break your leg and pick your pocket: corruption, murder, rape. Your fixation on homosexuality is a result of prejudice. The sin of homosexuality (if it truly is a sin) is confined to the self, no one can be taught to be gay, it is not an epidemic, it is not contagious. Why not go out and fight things that do harm the community, what is epidemic such as addiction and crime.

Secondly, Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of overall immorality. They weren't all homosexuals, there would be no city if that were the case. They were rapists, they were murderers, they were pansexual (anything with a hole is fair game), and they were inhospitable. L.A. and San Francisco are pretty close to modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, but you're an idiot if you think it is homosexuality alone. Murder, pandemic addiction, mocking God, Godlessness, pansexuality, and general worldliness; these are their crimes. Should they repent? Of course! Can a homosexual inherit the Kingdom of God? No; neither can liars, the hateful (look in a mirror, dude), murderers, and those who do not love their fellow man. You will find we are all guilty, but we may all be forgiven if we ask.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPOOKYSADVOCATE

Dude, I live in California and have lived in 5 other states. I can safetly say that California is a total pisshole. The state is broke, the cities outside of the wealthy city centers (i.e. Hollywood, the Presidio, etc) are dilapidated and look like crap, the place is infested with gangbangers, and the "trendiness" of California is largely a testament to it's marketability and phobia of anything intelligent and real. I love the California wilderness, though. All of that beautiful empty space and people come thousands of miles to gawk at dillapidated and crowded San Francisco.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I find it interesting that people pick on these cities like it's a huge sin to be gay and live there .. but ignore the far worse things that are happening in the world than homosexual sex.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I don't understand these posts by so-called "Christians". I thought the whole purpose of new age Christianity was love and acceptance and all that happy stuff that is supposed to bring everyone together. BUT... As soon as you decide that the book written 3500 years ago by men that heard some guys talking to them from out of no where, (AND, these were only a handful of the books that were chosen because they fit a criteria that the Romans decided fit an agenda they were promoting...) anyways...as soon as someone decides that this book that was written 3500 years ago, with a few addendums 2000 years ago, isn't necessarily their cup of tea, suddenly, that acceptance and love flies straight out the window. So, oh righteous one, why can't it be enough for you in your belief that you think you are amazing and your religion is taking you to heaven. Why can't you "live and let live"?
I mean if you feel an overwhelming need to try and convert people and they say no or hold their own beliefs just as sacred, then who are you to guilt them with threats of hell, fire, and damnation that you claim are in a book written by God?? (Men wrote the book by the way...God supposedly spoke the words, and the translation has been re-done so many times that there is no way to actually know for certain we are actually reading what was written in the first place.) why can't you let them go on their merry way. What is this tremendous urge to get angry or have to tell them how horrible they are for not agreeing with you?
edit on 25-9-2013 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have not posted on this thread in some time now. Actually I have not posted on ATS in some years until recent.

I want to make some points to further clarify what I stated in previous posts and on this topic.

From the Biblical standpoint ..there is no instruction in the Word for God's people to define themselves by their sexuality or sexual orientation. It does not exist ..both Olde and New Testaments. The obvious pattern and lesson is for God's people to define themselves by His Word and Way..not by the worlds beliefs and non standards.

Never do you find any such instruction for God's people to define themselves by thier sexuality ..male or female.
For the history in both Biblical and secular records is that the nations surrounding Ancient Israel were already doing this very thing...defining themselves by their sexuality ..particularly around their holidays and festivals.
You have to dig to find this history...but it can be found. It just will never be taught for what it is in most public schools through college levels.

This is the very thing that Ancient Israel got caught up into when they were in fact instructed not to do this kind of thing..do as the nations surrounding them did. For by this they defiled the land...and were eventually punnished for this disobedience with the loss of the land.

Second point..about the Crusades and Inquisition. The Christian doctrine is to come out from amongst them and be ye separate..to Separate from . There is no such instruction to go after non believers in this manner. This is in fact what the pagans did through out history. The Catholic Church was violating church instruction in doing this..meaning they had lost the candlestick...they were functioning as a counterfeit church..against church doctrine..if they were in fact ever a christian church.
Christians are to separate from the unclean thing. The world pattern is to get everyone to mix in the unclean thing and glory in it.

One of todays more popular subtilties and distortions..and is in its own merits..or demerits is to reverse everything..to label those who do not want to mix in the unclean thing as haters. This is standard issue censorship today..it is also guilt programming or a control mechanism..while they try to teach and preach tolerance.
I am not into censorship..which is where government is going with this kind of thing..while government itself becomes part and parcel of the abomination and going privily after Christians. This is becoming more and more obvious today verses back in 2007 and 2008 when this thread opened.

Another point needing to be made is that concerning history and persecution ....and this is hardly known by both Christians and non christians...and expecially never taught in public schools or on the History/Hitler channel.

This concerns the understanding of "Democide" or death by ones own government ...death by democracy.

en.wikipedia.org...

In this wiki article concerning R J Rummels study..you find this down about 2/3rds of the way down the article

His research shows that the death toll from democide is far greater than the death toll from war. After studying over 8,000 reports of government-caused deaths, Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century. According to his figures, six times as many people have died from the actions of people working for governments than have died in battle.

What you learn , once you learn to think outside the box of what attempts to pass for excellence today, is that history is hardly taught by and to most people today next to the significance of it.

What this means is that more people have been killed in the last hundred years and at a faster rate than in the thousands of years before. This is in a time of intellect, wisdom, intelligence, enlightenment. Yet there have been more deaths by government than in war...secular...reasonable government staffed with educated people.

Chief among these governments has been the Atheist/Ungodly governments of reason and logic. I speak here of the Communist governments.

Let this be a warning to you people who can still think for yourselves and are not easily swayed by popular causes.
For what do you find heavily in the Homosexual movement...anti God unbelievers ..people of logic and reason.

My point in all of this is to be very careful of what you think is history for a great portion of our understanding and knowledge of history is missing...and not accidently so.

I am not speaking here against sexuality per se...

I am speaking against stupid...and down right ignorance.

For people/proper human beings are much much more than sex and sexuality. Much much more.

But if we know so little secular history and also little Biblical history..what else is left..but to become base animals.

Just remember ..base animals are more easily controlled and lead to vote and conduct themselves in predictable and controllable manners. Thinking people who can think for themselves ..can think outside the box of whorish politics and what passes for excellence today are not so easily lead or controlled.

Oh..by the way..this sex and sexuality thing is as much a hetero thing as it is a homosexual thing. For the heteros are being equally bombarded by it daily ...if not more so by the media and poltics/public education ..to define themselves by sex and sexuality. By being good predictable, controllable, malleable consumers/voters..and never thinking outside the box...even unto consuming themselves/each other.
Who pays for and finances public education today??
Government does.

Once again..thinking people or human beings are much much more than sex and sexuality. Base animals are not.

Orangetom

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join