It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. and San Fransico, Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyDeep
Funny that. I could say that EXACTLY about christianity

... pushing their views over my views and proclaiming that I'm wrong and they are right.

The mind pollution that is religion is the (one and only) reason why I am an Atheist.

That is your choice to die the second death...........but funny how to make YOU fell good Christians must ignore all the God taught.........

Christians tollerate anti-christian's but it is atheist that demand all that is God be torn out and cast away.........

FYI...if the evil christian's didn't tollerate atheist, they would have killed you all off years ago........but God will take care of all that in the end........

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
FYI...if the evil christian's didn't tollerate atheist, they would have killed you all off years ago........but God will take care of all that in the end........

That's exactly the attitude that chases people away from seeking a "higher being", people like you who tell them that that being is insane, thus, insane henchmen who laugh sinisterly at the thought of their doom.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Sex between men or between women or between humans and any animal is "rape of the soul" and unless repented is worthy of complete death of the soul.

You used quotation marks. So can you please cite the the Biblical passage that says these specific acts are "rape of the soul"?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Sex between men or between women or between humans and any animal is "rape of the soul" and unless repented is worthy of complete death of the soul.

You used quotation marks. So can you please cite the the Biblical passage that says these specific acts are "rape of the soul"?

Although it was not my intent to be quoting scripture (your assumtion) the following provides the framework for my meaning

28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

By raping anyone it is your OWN soul that you condem (or rape).

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by another_lurker
Whether a homosexual can marry or not, is not your judgment call. Who decided that you were judge and jury? People need to stop nosing around in others' business and just live your own life.

This is why the US is sinking fast. It's just so damn discusting. To rant and rave about whether gays can marry isn't your (OP's) concern. A_L

Yet another example of those who deny God.....Homosexuality is an abomnation based on God.....

I am not being "judge or jury"......God IS! He is the only one who is "just" enough to do it correctly. The US is "sinking fast" because of people like yourself ignoring God's will..............

The creation of America and its continued existence "was" filled with many, many, devine miracles, all the way from 1609 until around 1973 when the supreme "vileness" crammed the murder of the unborn down America's throat and "we the people" didn't rise up and throw the bums out.

One can absolutely correlate the decline of America with the "rise" in so called "homosexual rights"........

America is ignoring God..........soon his wrath will clean America and the world up.................

That God you are talking about is a misrepresented made in the image of an ignorant man, warmongling creep. I have faith in the real God, and She isn't prejudiced against anyone who she creates to have the sexual preferences they are born with. And this is someone who has read the entire bible, and many dusty books on theology, been both Catholic and Protestant, and now know I could never betray truth of the wonderful loving Spirit of God by following thousands of year old traditions that aren't even based in medical knowledge. You don't speak for God.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
You don't speak for God.

No "man" speaks for God, God speaks for God through mans lips. He also has spoken through various women, Debra, Ruth, Esther.............

God will return in great wrath for those who refuse to listen to his WILL and commandments. I find it sad you are so confused........

32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Matt 10:34

My God bless you and open your eyes, heart, and mind

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

HP, it is precisely folks like you, who use God to spew hatred and violence with every word you speak, that Christ was referring to when he spoke of those who will say to him, Lord, Lord, and he says, "Away from me, for I never knew you."

Do you see Christ speaking hatred and malice? Do you see him taking joy in the souls that he felt would be suffering in hell for their deeds? I saw you LAUGHING at in your reply about Atheists "getting theirs" in the end. LAUGHING.

Did Christ laugh at that prospect? Did he show hatred towards the sinners he preached to? Did he swear with every "post" he made (figuratively) that the wrath of God would befall all who did not accept him? That is what you are doing here, all of those things, and more.

Your fruit proves the master you are serving, HeliosPrime, and it is NOT Jesus Christ. You are serving the hate filled, violently impassioned, wrathful, pathetic person that is your own soul. It is obvious you do not know Christ, nor the Holy Spirit of God. It is obvious that the master you serve is not the one you claim.

The fruit that you are bearing, with your lust for hatred and vengeance, with no sense of love or compassion, is the spirit of antichrist that you can find in the letters of John. You are bearing that fruit, and with glee, and all can see it but you.

Remember this, HP; if the master Jesus did not and would not do it, claiming to be the Son of God, what gives you claim to be able to preach any differently? If the master you claim to serve would shed tears at the thought of even one lost, why then do you laugh at the prospect?

And then to superficially claim that you will "pray" for those who you claim are lost, is no better than the pharasees moaning and wailing in the streets, whom Christ called Hypocrites, for they announce what they are doing for the edification of their own pride.

You, sir, are not what you claim to be, and I am calling you on it, for in your ways and words, you are serving satan, and doing damage to the one you claim to serve.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

that the wrath of God would befall all who did not accept him?

I think you mean to say...accepted as in accepted by Him....not accept as in we accept. Those who are "accepted in the beloved." Made acceptable..not accepting. Chosen people do not choose. They are chosen.
Who do you think does the choosing??

This knowledge puts different line of thought on things. On much.

If the master you claim to serve would shed tears at the thought of even one lost

Think about this Jomina, That a master would lose one. The knowledge of God is that He is Soverieign and we are subject. Dominus is the term. Lord...Sovereign.
Notice the technique here on threads like this by most of the posters and so often seen is that the Lord is not Lord...not Sovereign..not Dominus.
Instead when you read the posts ...it is obvious..that man is sovereign and god is subject. This is " I will be like the most high."
Many posters just cloud this with what is supposed to look like logic and reason.
Even many Believers fall prey to this because they simply dont know the technique..the seduction of turning Light into darkness..mixing new wine with olde, unleven with leven.

Those on meat and not milk know that He will lose not one of those the father hath given him...not one shall be lost in the last day. That pretty much leaves our humanity out of the process.

If the concept of even one lost...is your position I wonder what god you serve as well.

While I dont approve of helios primes technique in debating here....I also question your source of faith.

Remember something else about hatred..Jomina...God loved Jacob and hated Esau..even before they were born..neither having done any good or evil..while they were both still in the womb.before either were born. Twin brothers..of the same lump of clay. For Jacob was in the book of life and Esau was not. Jacob was accepted by God and Esau was not. Jacob was under His Grace and Esau was not. This pretty much leaves our humanity out of the process. All of this that the purposes of God according to election might stand. Not our purpose, our feelings, our emotions, our election stand...but His purposes.

Not all out here are still on milk..but on meat.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 2-12-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

You, sir, are not what you claim to be, and I am calling you on it, for in your ways and words, you are serving satan, and doing damage to the one you claim to serve.

It is sad you can not understand the truth that Christ taught........

Again you ignore the facts..........read Matt 10:34 AGAIN.........read all of Revelations...when Jesus returns it is with "vengence" and "wrath" of his father YHWH.

Jesus does not return and say..."aw never mind everybody come home"....

Jesus did his fathers will.........kept all the commandments..."PERFECTLY"...

What part of this do you wish to ignore?

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

40He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

41He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

www.biblegateway.com...

It is not HATE to speak the truth..........it is only HATE if it is YOU who are dong satan's bidding......therefore....truth equals HATE to those who truely hate God......to hate God is to ignore HIS WILL...

Keep the commandments.....all of them!
Love the FATHER and SON with all your heart....

Prove your love by keeping the commandments....

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Prove your love by keeping the commandments....

First prove those ARE "God's" Commandments.

All you do is follow a book someone told you was written by God, and you think that makes you somehow more righteous than someone who listens to their own personal conscience throughout life. You obviously have never thought for yourself what is right and what is wrong. How can you make a thread about God reigning down judgement on gay people if you don't even know right from wrong without looking it up in your book?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
First prove those ARE "God's" Commandments.

All you do is follow a book someone told you was written by God, and you think that makes you somehow more righteous than someone who listens to their own personal conscience throughout life. You obviously have never thought for yourself what is right and what is wrong. How can you make a thread about God reigning down judgement on gay people if you don't even know right from wrong without looking it up in your book?

Well it is so very difficult to argue with such "logic".....based on your logic books have no meaning or use?

ALL current human knowledge was passed down in some written form, either on paper in books, or electronic in e-books of some kind.

Man has never known right from wrong without God's help and guidance. All the "progress" of the last 3000 years is based around God's original 10 commandments.....period.........without those basic rules mankind would have been no better then complete barbarians........

It really comes down to arrogance OR faith.........FAITH in someone greater than myself, or the arrogance to think man can guide himself......

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Why is this thread kept going? Some of us have proved conclusively that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was NOT because of homosexuality.

You, and other people like BigWhammy, have not addressed this. Prove that it was about homosexuality or be a man and admit that you are wrong and stop this foolishness.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by helios prime

Wow!! Helios Prime,

Finally a post of yours with which I can agree. Excellent debate technique of contrasting books of men with the Word...and then with MMariebored's post.

I don't always agree with your technique as you often wind up debating points of mens logic and reason where many of the posters are leading you around the topic lines of mens passions and appetites. ...which is most of what the posts on here are about...justifying mens appetites and passions..instincts, and emotions. All this does is to keep one debating placebos ..and men's glory and confusions. It is designed to do so...to do that very thing..confusion....by keeping you debating men's passions, appetites, instincts, and emotions. ...to the glory of men. Sugar pills..not the Salt of the Earth.

Anyway ..well spoken with your last post Helios Prime. I read a lot of books written by men. They are often interesting but I am quick to see the point from which the authors write...man's praise and glory or God's praise and glory.

Deaf Alien,

Why is this thread kept going? Some of us have proved conclusively that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was NOT because of homosexuality.

I never said it was because of homosexuality exclusively.I said t was because of abominations done...both hetero and homosexuality. I also said that to glorify or define ones self by their sexuality/sexual orientation..is about as stupid as a human being can get. That people are not naturally gifted with such stupidity on their own. One has to be educated to get this naturally stupid as to glorify or define ones self by their sexuality or sexual orientation....and not realize what one is doing. This takes a real genuine education to be this naturally dumb. Hetero as well as homo. People left to God's guidance and blessings are not naturally this stupid and dumb as to define their greatness and acceptability by their sexuality/sexual orientation.

What I have not seen here about Sodom and Gomorrah is why these cities were destroyed..particularly by the pro sexuality crowd..in an attempt to justify whatever the prevailing winds are today. I dont find this conclusive.
I find it seductive and deceiving.

What I have seen on this thread is the standard M1A issue shuffling of the shells to hide the pea without telling anyone that the pea is not under any of the shells. I've seen a lot of attempts to spread confusion, emotions, passions, and instincts to the glory of men and mens reason and logic.
But at the same time ..no one wants to say why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed....they only declare that it was not because of homosexuality. They use an incomplete set to make their points hoping no one catches on to it.
Which brings us back to Heliosprimes point to MMariebored about books and knowledge. Finally ...well said Heliosprime.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 5-12-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Well it is so very difficult to argue with such "logic".....based on your logic books have no meaning or use?

Where, in anything I wrote, can you prove I believe books have no meaning or use? Because I said they aren't written by God? Whose logic is flawed? Yours.

Man has never known right from wrong without God's help and guidance. All the "progress" of the last 3000 years is based around God's original 10 commandments.....period.........without those basic rules mankind would have been no better then complete barbarians........

Tell that to the peaceful Native Americans who were slaughtered by Bible weilding "sophisticates". But I guess your logic would completely agree with their slaughter. Perhaps if they'd been fortunate enough to have had "God's Word" they could have avoided their untimely death. Doesn't sound like a very fair God to me. Not one I'd be caught dead serving.

It really comes down to arrogance OR faith.........FAITH in someone greater than myself, or the arrogance to think man can guide himself......

No, your faith is in what some con-artist told you was written by someone greater than you. A mature man or woman should be completely able to guide themselves.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

I never said it was because of homosexuality exclusively.

No, no. Homosexuality is NOT listed as one of the sins of Sodom. I challenge you to find a single verse that mention homosexuality as one of the sins of Sodom.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

LOL LOL LOL..sorry Deaf Alien...but you are bottom scrapping ..bottom feeding here and thinking no one will catch it...or notice.
This is the textbook template to which I am referring by my use of the term "educated peoples." One has to be educated to get this dumb and think no one else knows the difference.

The abominations of which the nations surrounding Ancient Israel were involved in and eventually brought Ancient Israel into are of many types...also involving sexuality...rampant runaway sexuality with many of these nations. In their worship festivals...in the temples..et al. This is known informations to those who can find and dig for the history. It is known. In this manner these nations are recorded as defiling the land with their abominations.
This was the prefered method of worship..very common...just in variations in different nations...different names for the religions but always a common thread. We know this as the "Prisca Theologia" also in some forms by the term...the "Hermetic Tradition."
The ancient Hebrews and their instruction from God were in fact ..very uncommon in those days. They were a minority surrounded by these nations. This too is recorded...both in and outside of the Bible if one does ones research.

Notice here your constant track on the usage of the word Homosexuality to cloud and misdirect the issue.

My constant tack is Sexuality...homo and hetero. This is the record of History..both in and outside of the Bible.

Notice that you and others will constantly keep away from this tack and line of thinking back to your placebos...so as not to give readers out here a whole picture...of the history.

So..Deaf Alien...now that we have that out of the way...for what exactly was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed? Lets get down to the bottom line.
Perhaps this tack can get the readers thinking on their own outside of the standard issue default settings into which they are supposed to be corralled...reigned in....limited.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

What I have not seen here about Sodom and Gomorrah is why these cities were destroyed..

What I have seen on this thread is the standard M1A issue shuffling

I've seen a lot of attempts to spread confusion, emotions, passions, and instincts to the glory of men and mens reason and logic.

But at the same time ..no one wants to say why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed....they only declare that it was not because of homosexuality.

They use an incomplete set to make their points hoping no one catches on to it.

What a load of utter hogwash

Did you even bother to read the posts of the members you are making your asinine accusations towards?

I can give you exact coordinates to my post if you want?

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
*double post*

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
Tell that to the peaceful Native Americans who were slaughtered by Bible weilding "sophisticates". But I guess your logic would completely agree with their slaughter. Perhaps if they'd been fortunate enough to have had "God's Word" they could have avoided their untimely death. Doesn't sound like a very fair God to me. Not one I'd be caught dead serving.

The savages that occupied what has become America were destroyed just as the savages who occupied what would become Israel were destroyed by God through Joshua..............

In fact the decendents of the lost 10 tribes purified America.....

God is; just, fair, and merciful..........well beyond human understanding....

It is your choice to ignore his existance.....he could cleanse the world with but a small utterance of his voice, yet tollerates those who hate him, that is pretty benevolent..........

He sent HIS son to die a horrible death to offer YOU salvation.....that is pretty benevolent..........

God stands there with outstreached arms waiting to recieve you, all you have to do is love HIM enough to do his will.......HIS WILL....not your own...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

It is your choice to ignore his existance.....he could cleanse the world with but a small utterance of his voice, yet tollerates those who hate him, that is pretty benevolent.......... He sent HIS son to die a horrible death to offer YOU salvation.....that is pretty benevolent..........

Yeah, he is so benevolent he decided to create hell for everyone to suffer for all eternity then decided to make Jesus suffer for us. Wow, what a benevolent god.

A benevolent god loves all, regardless of their shortcomings. A benevolent god would not create hell.

Jehovah is hardly benevolent. Take a look at OT. Sorry buddy, you serve a malevolent god.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join