It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Things You Likely didnt know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Strange Facts that most people dont know

Some of he facts:

The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book
most often stolen from public libraries.

Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down
so you could see his moves.

Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin
look-alike contest.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David
Hearts - Charlemagne
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Most amusing. Thanks for posting this thread. I got a lot out of it.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

George Washington was the seventh president of the United States. John Hanson was the first president, followed by Elias Boudinot, Thomas Mifflin, Rishard Henry Lee, Nathan Gorman, Arthur St. Clair, and Cyrus Griffen. These men held the office under the Articles of Confederation, which was the forerunner of the Constitution.

But the Articles of Confederation was the formal basis of the United States and it was under this document that our nation was first born. Therefore, these were legitimate presidents, and at the time were recognized as such.

George Washington was the first president under the Constitution, but not the first president of the United States.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In the interest of upholding the laws of the land, and to make sure that no ATS'ers unknowingly break the law when traveling, here are a few "lesser known" laws that most may not be aware of.

Ohio - * It is illegal to get a fish drunk
* In Bexley, Ohio, it is prohibited to install or use slot machines in outhouses.

Alaska - It is against the law to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.

Texas - The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is also banned, as it contains a formula for making beer at home.

Pennsylvania - In the event that a horse refuses to pass a car on the road, the owner of the car must take their car apart and conceal the parts in nearby foliage

Alabama - It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.

Arizona - It is illegal for donkeys to sleep in bathtubs.

Maryland - In Baltimore it is illegal to take a lion to the movies.

Idaho - It is illegal in Idaho for a man to give his sweetheart a box of chocolates that weighs less than 50 pounds.

Wyoming - In Sheridan, Wyoming, a policeman can bite a barking dog, in order to quiet him.

In Minnesota, you may not cross state lines with a duck on top of your head.

In Natoma, Kansas, it is illegal to practise knife throwing at men wearing striped suits.

In Owensboro, Kentucky, it is illegal for a woman to buy a new hat without her husband trying it on first.

In Canton, Mississippi, it is illegal to kill a squirrel with a gun while in a courtroom.

Any city in Missouri can levy a tax to support a band, as long as the mayor plays piccolo and each band member can eat peas with a knife.

In Clawson, Michigan, there is a law that makes it LEGAL for a farmer to sleep with his animals.

In Kenosha, Wisconsin it is illegal to have an erection in public. Even if you have clothes on.

More laws

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Alsome information there. This should be taught in schools. I mean would it hurt? And why not?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
need to take my hat off to blackops..............good shout!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Just remember that those laws are in practice because someone actually perputrated those acts.

top topics

join