It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acid attacks keep Afghan girls away from classes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Acid attacks keep Afghan girls away from classes

news.yahoo.com

No students showed up at Mirwais Mena girls' school in the Taliban's spiritual birthplace the morning after it happened.

A day earlier, men on motorcycles attacked 15 girls and teachers with acid.

Girls were banned from schools under the rule of the Taliban, the hard-line Islamist regime that ruled Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001. Women were only allowed to leave the house wearing a body-hiding burqa and accompanied by a male family member.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Since the US-lead forces liberated the people of Afganistan, from the rule of the Taliban, events like this have happen.

It is an unfriendly reminder of the True Evils that exist out there in the world today.

Any culture that bars women from receiveing education, is not equal in my book.

This is an horrible reminder of WHY the west is fighting wars around the world. So that ALL of earths people enjoy the freedoms we have here.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think attitudes like females are not worthy need an adjustment. In this instance I would support a biological weapon that would strip the y chromosome from cells, duplicate the x chromosome and initiate a total body rebuild. It could be sprayed over selected areas and see how some former males would like being treated as second class. Maybe then they would support equal rights for females.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The Taliban are evil sick twisted sadistic animals.
They always have been and always will be even before 9/11 they were scum.
And anyone who supports them or defends them is also.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
These sick Taliban are a disgrace to the religion of Islam. There's no where in the religion that ordains, encourages, or allows that kind of treatment to women or any other person. These Taliban deserve to be tortured and suffer an extremely long, painful death.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Since the US-lead forces liberated the people of Afganistan, from the rule of the Taliban, events like this have happen.

It is an unfriendly reminder of the True Evils that exist out there in the world today.

Any culture that bars women from receiveing education, is not equal in my book.

This is an horrible reminder of WHY the west is fighting wars around the world. So that ALL of earths people enjoy the freedoms we have here.

news.yahoo.com

you know...

When I started researching conspiracies etc.. 9/11 etc..
I got so overwhelmed with the information I was absorbing.. that I really didn't look .. (or have the bearings to know where to look) .. at the BIG picture. as to REALLY .. why these "conspiratorial" events needed to occur to steer popular opinion etc.. to achieve certain goals I hadn't even begun to fathom.

So, like the average amateur internet investigator, opening his eyes to all this new info.. had the typical naive hiccup-like knee-jerk rejection reaction.. spouting off on how immoral it all was.

Now, when I really look at a long term plan for global civilization.. and what cold hard logical decisions need to be made in order to leap hurdles that have been in place for thousands of years...

I see a rudimentary necessity for intervening elsewhere, achieving these goals. Obviously whether I "approve" of it or not, makes no difference, but at least I can sit back and be glad that the Taliban, and radical islamists are ...

taken out.

eeeeeeeeeeven if the Taliban was supported by other "helpers"....
and their existence is in essence a thesis waiting for an antithesis... to provide a synthesis...
the dialectic proves fruitful.

So I think I've come full circle.

-From screaming bloody murder after 9/11 for the destruction of radical islam..

-to seeing the inner workings on how it was all orchestrated.. and spouting off about it.. the "I see what you did there!" "blabla I'm so clever you're gonna answer for this crime" type mentality...

-now, to steadily nodding affirmatively to the steps being taken.

It's been "fun" and sometimes your emotions get the best of you as you've just discovered some bits of conspiratorial info, or uncommonly reported-on behind the scenes non mainstream articles on events.. and you yammer off on internet threads about this and that and oooh those "powers that be"!! etc...

But it's at it's core, juvenile and not properly thought through, when you don't know all the facts, the real reason "why" behind it all..

this is why I won't post on any 9/11 conspiracy threads, at least .. being pro-conspiracy-exposure.

then again.. to follow my own advice.. the exact reasoning behind my current frame of mind about this all doesn't need to be illustrated any more.

-

[edit on 15-11-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The more you look at what is going on in the Middle East, the clearer it becomes that the islamic radicals who are the terrorist are mostly a danger to the decent people of Islam. The radical islamic terrorists are the ones killing most of the people in the middle east, and I am talking about the civilians.

top topics

join