It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think missionaries should be outlawed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Hey those kind of motivations even exist in the US. Our town sponsored a soup kitchen last year to be operated a few days by churches and wanted volunteer churches to join, even pleading. The local Church of Wicca applied to help and were told bluntly that if they came all of the other churches would pull out.

Come to find out the various churches wanted to hold services and from their reaction the top priority was proselytizing. The Wiccans had zero interest in holding a service with only the desire to help out the community. I of course would have joined the Wiccan effort to help as I am Taoist and I don't know of any others here.

My church of Tao would have been just me.

Anyway the mayor basically apologized for the rudeness and pleaded for them to leave because the effort had to go through for the homeless sake.

So yeah, I think it could happen in a foreign country. I've even heard missionaries in my younger days describing chasing off the local Shaman.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think missionaries should have nutrition labels tattooed on then....
Its only fair and how else will the cannibals know if there good to eat?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

If you think missionaries should be outlawed, then do you want to scrap the rest of the 1st Amendment? Apparently, you have problem with Freedom of Speech.

Freedom of speech in the 1st Amendment is solely American.

Did not the OP say part of the problem with missionaries is that they try to push American Ideals onto other cultures?

How does the U.S. freedom of speech apply to a missionary in any other country other than to back up what the OP said about them pushing their foreign ideology onto other cultures?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
But just clear it up that it is certain kinds of missionaries. i have an aunt who was a missionary for her unusual church. They didn't preach or say a word unless asked about it. (sometimes it is national law) and it was a program to help those counries for certain reasons.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

People are so misguided,it breaks my heart.The Bible IS the true Word of God Almighty,our Creator and JUDGE. God is Holy, which is why sin must be punished. Wake up people,only God,Our Jesus Christ,Savior of the world, who sacrificed His Holy self to pay the final offering to wash us of our sins,(if we ask for His forgiveness,which He freely gives) is the only one who can save us,there is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ, Emmanuel(means God with us) His only begotten Son, born of God and is equal to God in every way. Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with the Lord. All of us are written in the Book of Life.He doesn't want to blot out our names. God doesn't want any of us to perish, which is why He sends missionaries to educate people in the truth.Satan is the father of lies,and people are falling for his doctrine. We are battling evil forces of spiritual darkness, not against people, we love all people because we love God. If anyone has ever done any studying and researching,like I have, a former newager,you will see the Bible is true.King James Version. Kent Hovind's material is very eye opening. I beg you people if you are reading this,don't let this opportunity go by without at least taking a look and decide for yourself what you believe. Above all, trust in God for all things.
In Christ, forever His servant.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join