It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What civilization built the first pyramid?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I believe that could be one of the anwsers to the riddle of the pyramids and other magnificent ancient structures, but the pyramids and other ancient structures could have been built for other purposes as well. I think is also like a repository of history on Earth. I would have been great if we still had those outer casings which were engraved in the pyramids.

When I was about 17 i decided to build a smaller scale model of the great pyramid in my room, so i made several equations for the exact measurements for a pyramid that would be around 5'5 feet tall. i can't remember the exact measurements, but I have my notes somewhere.

It was interesting the things that would happen once i built the pyramid. Even back then when I was living with my parents they also saw and heard strange things right after i finished building it. The tvs would turn on and off and some things would actually move physically. I used the exact measurements that are found in the outside of the great pyramid and i agree that one of its purposes was to channel energy.

Meditating inside of it was quite an experience of itself and any food that i put inside it would quickly dehydrate. It is a shame i had to destroy it once we moved to a smaller appartment.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ya, but when wasthe first pyramid built?!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
users.telenet.be...
is an interactive online simulation
in Google Earth of an UVG grid (Platonic pentagonal or dodeca worldgrid and associated vectors) :
all major pyramids worldwide are in a few gran circles linked together in UVG simulation mode

The pyramids of Guimar linked to Mesopotamia and Tiwanaku , mentioned in the beginning of
this topic and linked by Thor Heyerdhal , are also linked in this grid by pentagons in mathematical UVG triangles

scroll down to the worldwide pyramids and linking vectors in Google Eath Plugin Interactive Windowing
edit on 27-11-2012 by kennes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Those pyramids are all over the world. I'm sure that if there were any of those big piles of rock around here they were utilized to build the big mining buildings long ago. I have seen some strange structures around here when picking berries or hunting, that is not unusual. They were not as big as pyramids, just piles of stones that looked like old dwellings. I think a variety of rock structures were very common here in America but the easy to get stones were probably recycled by settlers and possibly even the Native Americans. If I found a pile of cut stones sitting on my property, I would have all sorts of nice planters made of them
Boy, would they make a nice Sauna, once you got it warm it would stay warm for a long time.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh man what a lot of misinformation

To much to address in total

A few comments:

Yonaguni isn't a pyramid its a ridge line that extends up off the sea bed to land

No pyramid off Cuba

Yep lots of raised structures in the world - if you want a raised platform you have two choices; a mound or something that looks like a pyramis - there is no 'magic' property to a pyramid shape its just the easiest to build if you want people to view what is happening at the top or use the fewest resources building it

Guimar are most probably from the 19th century - old Thor is my hero (I recommend his museum in Oslo, Norway) but like many things he was wrong about this too

No signs of a earlier 'mother culture/Atlantis etc'

Nope Posnansky was wrong the PP ruins date to around 500 AD

The 'seaport' was built on a river/lake

etc......

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So who did build the first pyramid?

Probably an unknown person tens of thousands of years ago who constructed the first mound of earth or rocks to stand on to get a better view - to site game, predators or human enemies on a steppe without trees.. Unfortunately he will go unheralded....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

stone circles all over the world are well conceived , You still can use them today

where they built at the same time as the pyramids known today , or started millennia before the first

pyramids we recognize as such , i don't know ?

today some people think the ancients divided the worldsphere in pentagons (like a football?) , when You

apply this related to the stone circle of Mpumalanga , South Africa, called Adams Orion Calendar ,

the stone circles of Namoratunga and Nbata appears aligned and also many pyramids worldwide

i have no explanation for that , see interactive simulation online of pentagonal worldgrid on Mpumalanga :

click in and scroll down to the central stone of the stone circle and folow the leads ? :

users.telenet.be...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kennes

Its best not to copy and paste the same post into more than one thread

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

thanks , i'm quit new , never participated really in a Forum , will take the Bosnian pyramids by priority, despite i first entered this one because of the Peru-Guimar-Mesopatamian comparison by Heyerdhal.

Reason : the replies are excellent there

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illmatic67

I never heard about pyramids in Japan. Are you sure?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Firstly, i apologise for the source (Daily Mail). I have tried to find others but they are all a bit wishy washy to be fair! That said, the full report isn't due out for a bit yet so i fully expect more sources to become available in time.

To business......

It appears that Kazakhstan can now lay claim to the oldest pyramid (what's left of it!), predating Egypt. Again though, i would caution that we are still waiting for the full report to come out.

My thoughts are that i would expect this to be somewhere on the steppe if any older than Egypt were to be found, so, if true, it certainly fits the bill. It is a step pyramid, like Djoser.

World's first pyramid in Kazakhstan

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Firstly, i apologise for the source (Daily Mail). I have tried to find others but they are all a bit wishy washy to be fair! That said, the full report isn't due out for a bit yet so i fully expect more sources to become available in time.

Not a good source... because... in spite of the breathless prose, it's Bronze Age. Look at the text:

built more than 3,000 years ago in Saryarke for a local 'pharaoh', a leader of a local mighty tribe dating to late Bronze epoch,' said archeologist Viktor Novozhenov.

3,000 years ago is (drum roll) 1,000 BC.

Pyramids were built in 2,500 BC. Nearer to 5,000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Flavian

Not a good source... because... in spite of the breathless prose, it's Bronze Age. Look at the text:

built more than 3,000 years ago in Saryarke for a local 'pharaoh', a leader of a local mighty tribe dating to late Bronze epoch,' said archeologist Viktor Novozhenov.

3,000 years ago is (drum roll) 1,000 BC.

Pyramids were built in 2,500 BC. Nearer to 5,000 years ago.

Plenty of other more ignorant misinfo in this thread Byrd.
Care to have a go at it, or have you lost the touch?

Harte

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Talking about supernatural beings.. In tamil culture, we keep small piece of umbilical code in a bronze capsule. Usually tied around hip or arm. Story behind this is, if need any body parts the sky peoples will make one for you using this capsule. If you dont know what tamil is, google oldest civilitins or oldest language ever . Mind you this is ongoing civilation that wars and distrution all the time.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I am assuming they meant 3000 BC as opposed to 3000 years ago as the age of the first Egyptian pyramids is well documented. That said, you never know with the Mail, hence startng the post with an apology!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Updated - seems it was correct not to trust the Mail as a source as the pyramid itself turns out to be tiny and even the 3000 year date (never mind 3000 BC) could be dodgy also.

It is in Kazakhstan though so not everything was wrong!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Are there signs of machine marks at Pyramid sites around the world, As the ones at Giza are known & documented , do other sights show these same marks ?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.livescience.com...

No, That Ancient Mausoleum Is Not the 'World's 1st Pyramid'

The discovery of a 3,000-year-old pyramid-shaped mausoleum in Kazakhstan has gone viral over the past 24 hours, with several media outlets proclaiming the structure to be the world's first pyramid. But archaeologists say the structure, which contains a series of five walls that gradually get higher toward the center, is not nearly as old as these news reports claim.

The mausoleum is 6.6 feet (2 meters) high and about 49 by 46 feet (15 by 14 m) long, said Viktor Novozhenov, an archaeologist with the Saryarka Archaeological Institute at Karaganda State University in Kazakhstan who helped excavate the mausoleum. "It's made from stone, earth and fortified by slabs in the outer side," Novozhenov told Live Science. A number of media outlets that reported the discovery did not include the size of the structure, which, compared to Egypt's royal pyramids, is very small.

While the exact age of the structure is uncertain, it likely was built during the late Bronze Age, more than 3,000 years ago, Novozhenov said. This is more than 1,000 years after the Egyptians built the step pyramid of Djoser, Novozhenov said, so it is not the "world's first pyramid."

aaaaand its gone

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
the Cuba ´underwater pyramid´ is purely speculation, not approved.

the ´bosnian pyramid´ is bogus.. political/ nationalistic motivations..
its a natural site, the tunnels were dug of course..

The Yonaguni momument is most probably a natural phenomena, too, but was altered by humans.
Still one of the most amazing sites as it was above sea levels some thousand years ago ( stalagtites in caves)

The huge pyramid shaped mound near St. Louis looks great..

I think there are many pyramids still undiscovered. Mesoamerica anyway.

the smaller, steep pyramids of Meroe , Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, anyone? I still love this game..

edit on 18-8-2016 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A very interesting question, I believe Gobekli Tepe is one of the first pyramids, if only because it matches aspects of what I would refer to as the Babel religion. In other words, we see a huge structure on top of a mountain, as close to God as possible, and in a similar way to the way pyramids were set up in Ireland (Cairns on top of Mountains, such as Newgrange), and Egypt (pyramids on top of a plateau). We see flint offerings, no doubt to the Fallen Angel, oldest of mankind's mythology. (160k BC according to Oxford Dictionary of Mythology). Finally we see the aspect of 'burial' of the temple, the way for instance Newgrange is for instance a sort of buried cathedral, more or less a tomb, but yet for yearly ritual. Who knows what its earlier form was.

Then again in a book written by Robert Schoch, 'Voyages of the Pyramid Builders', he in fact claims that the earliest pyramids were from Indonesia, in part because they made copper first in that part of the world (~Thailand) and have the oldest hilltop platforms. Who can say?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join