It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I want to get people's opinions on this.

What do you think is more likely to occur:

1) Full government disclosure and proof of extraterrestrial life.

2) Extraterrestrials revealing themselves to the world.

3) Proof that extraterrestrials don't exist.

4) No disclosure, no proof.

You can also include reasons why you think that way, etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
In order of what I think is MOST likely to happen first...

Look, if it's gonna happen, the worlds governments will take credit...

Look, if it's gonna happen, it will be because the worlds governments refused to act...

In keeping with a rational mind-set, yes proof may show they do not exist...

Why are you doing this to me...?!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
From a scale of 1-10, 1 being impossible and 10 being "any-day now"

Some governments have made the step forward by investigating and disclosing some degree of evidence. But in most cases it is a half-assed effort, a political stunt giving the impression of transparency and democracy (and to a lesser degree for disinfo and shutting-up people like us)

I'm torn here. I'd like to believe they would. I certainly think they should. But who knows? I have are, as I believe, here. And have been observing us for awhile. Why haven't they appeared so far?

You can't. You can merely encourage people to dismiss it as fantasy.

Alas yes, this is where we are now, and probably will be for a long time. It's a hateful situation (at least in my eyes). I see the trend extending for some time, I don't believe in the hype of a forthcoming disclosure mindset on behalf of authorities. But there's always the chance.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Oscitate]

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am a believer and a skeptic when it is related to ET's.

That statement is ,of course, a paradox. But does come into focus when I think of my astrological sign, Pisces.

I believe a government will revel the truth eventually. It may come about because ET's will make themselves more available for us to see and validate the sightings.

So, mf_luder, answers 1 and 2 would sum up my opinion nicely.

Good thread, thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

1) Extraterrestrials revealing themselves to the world.

if they exist - based on whatever we think might be evidence of this as of now - and based on the fact that sometimes we get to see stuff - sometimes we don't - seems like it's up to them

2) No disclosure, no proof.

if it's up to them - this is also possible

if there is evidence - and any of our governments have it, there's a reason they're not giving it up.

I think it's either because it's not up to them.

Or, they know something, but not as much as we think they do. Maybe they aren't sure how they would handle the reaction of whatever they let out - especially if they're not really knowledgeable enough to explain as much as we would want/need to know.

It would be a difficult position to be in to say - "yeah - they're there alright - but we're not sure what they are or what they want - or what it means."

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If and when there is proof of extraterrestrial life, it will be announced. (Note: this option says "life" not "intelligent life" but my opinion applies to either)

Highly unlikely. (Note: this implies intelligent life)

Cannot be proven. Can only be disproved.

Without proof there is nothing to announce. With proof, see #1

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
I want to get people's opinions on this.

You can also include reasons why you think that way, etc.

I think it's more probable that extraterrestrials will reveal themselves before the government discloses anything.

It's absolutely unintelligent to think that our planet is the only one in the whole universe to have intelligent life. There has to be other life out there

I won't comment on the last one. We have to have something to look forward to...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Not in our lifetime ... dont hold your breath ... governments have too much to loose and ET may have just recieved the black n white transmission that Telstar relayed to Britain and france , if they were looking or local or even capable...

Also if they wanted to be known or noticed why wait so long as 50+ years of teasing is long enough , i have lost faith in any kind of contact in my lifetime or my great great grandchilds lifetime . Its all talk and wild speculation , there is no proof , no hard evidence to any claims made on this site or others.Show me the proof before you scoff at my words .

rgds
Git

[edit on 14-11-2008 by completenuttergit]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
1.Full government dis-closure, meaning, it will seem like closure, but will be disinfo. I honestly think its the only way to either abolish religion, or unite religion. I think the future consists of a one world government with a scientific approach to spirituality that can be verified. I see the world being peaceful and at one with each other, yet I am unsure of how it will be accomplished. With an alien situation(good or bad), we could possibly unite the earth people and get a spiritual explanation that ties in with science. Now are they going to be real aliens with real info, or just pre programmed self fulfilling prophetic synthetic hallucinations presenting us with disinfo. I think it will be easy to tell by the sorts of politics and security measures that are in place when the event actually happens. Sorry to ramble on.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The third answer is impossible to occur.
The fourth is lasting too much and can go forever

the remaining two is just a matter of time and which will be the first adn if we will live until that day.

Apparently the second answers is happening for decades or centuries if its true, the question is if they are revealing to us or its just coincidence that we saw them. They can reveal themself to the all world if there i too much censorship and too little media coverage. We must wait that the goverment admint their existence until thene there will be too much sceptics even if a UFO land infront of a WhiteHouse if there is no media coverage and too litle proof of that nobody will belive it, like in 9/11 it was so good documented to some degrre that people saw that live and belive it was really an terrorist attack even but the question remains what have really happened.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think Full gov't disclosure before any of the rest fo course I'm on the fence between that and extraterestriel's revealing themselves.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This assumes that the government has anything to disclose, and that they are not as lost as the rest of us, or that it would be responsible to reveal the "truth." If there is a cover-up of an extraterrestrial presence, the US government would not be the only actors orchestrating the cover-up. The aliens themselves would be active participants.

Due to the nature of the phenomenon, if it is extraterrestrial driven, every indication seems to be that they wish to keep their presence a secret from us. And there doesn't seem to be any indication that will end any time soon.

That is impossible. Humans will never be able to explore every single part of the universe, much less our own galaxy. We will never be able to prove with 100% certainty that we are alone. Nor is it possible to prove that extraterrestrials are not visiting the Earth; all one can do is debate on a case-by-case basis. No one can say with 100% certainty that extraterrestrials never have, are, or will visit the Earth.

Considering we've been having this debate for 60 years now, and are no closer to the truth than we were the day after Kenneth Arnold's sighting, this is the most likely. I will go so far as to say this is a near 100% certainty. Our grandkids will be having the same conversation 50 years from now.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by carotson

right on, especially the part about 911, which obviously was a contrived farce by the government as an excuse to get in the war..........bastards. Hmm, by the way, I wonder who the government works for...............I mean the real government, the shadow government (Illuminati)...............maybe aliens.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

please explain your comment pertaining to your astrological sign. I too am a pisces and I don't understand what you mean by "come into focus" when you think about it. Does that mean that you have some sort of insight into the paranormal? If so that might explain a lot about me.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
1) Disclosure but it wont be "Full". We are already seeing a subtle shift in how this is being handled. Recently I saw a former WWII pilot and retired physics professor (old, credible not a nut case) describing his encounter. In the past we mostly had people coming forth who were portrayed as crazy and thus not credible. BUT this will all be according to a "greater AGENDA." My take is that the aliens are already here....at least the inter-dimensional beings. Heck, I would not be surprised (now this wont get posted probably) if inter-dimensional or alien beings are not in contact with the Moderators of this website!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Option 4 is the only one I see happening for a very, very long time. In order for either of the first two options to happen we have to assume that any intelligent life out there has the ability, the technology, and the desire to come to us. While I think it would be arrogant of us to believe that we are the only intelligent beings out of all the planets out there, I also think it's rather arrogant of us to think that they would want to come here in the first place. I find it hard to believe that they would come here more than once or twice before realizing that to show themselves would be to put themselves in danger. We, as a species, are incredibly violent and no intelligent life in their right minds would want us to know with any certainty that they exist. And honestly, any intelligent life who did want to come here and still continued to show up after seeing how violent we are would have me suspicious of them from the outset.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

When it suits their nefarious and evil agenda that is what will happen.

Until then, they will continue to use us and to milk us for what they need.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not going to happen, nor should it happen. Even if they did, some would still refuse to believe. There will never be enough proof for some.

Not going to happen. At least not much more than they are right now.

Again, not going to happen.

No full disclosure or proof. I believe there is individual proof/disclosure for some. The rest will remain in blissful ignorance or just continue to have a sneaking suspicion that there is more going on that what we are told.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
More than likely (2). (1), yeah right thats never happening lolz

new topics

top topics

join