Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Can we all finally agree that we are going to see The Great Depression II?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Why is everybody soo worried? Life here in Australia is GREAT!!! Ohh Yeah!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think people don't want to face reality,think about it,it sucks some had dreams of a nice retirement,send kids to college,and to envision picture of grim reaper outside the door,personally a great depression to me is if I had to share a tent with my ex mother in law

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
None of us experienced the Great Depression a year or two after the 1929 stock market crash. Just like news of a disaster, the people who told us about it focus on specific scenes.

I think what we envision is not what actually happens. Congress declared Martial Law to pass the bailouts and hand the Treasury the power they have. But we don't see military checkpoints in the street, curfews, or FEMA roundups.

US Banks overall have been insolvent since January '08 (according to the Fed FRED charts), and most banks still operate.

The government is Nationalizing huge industries (like democrat Maxine Waters wanted) and we don't see huge control over our lives...yet.

Then again, things take longer in real life to develop than in a movie.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Dbriefed]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
No there will be no great depression 2. What is coming will dwarf any economic depression. What is coming is the great tribulation, one such as has never occured before nor will occur again. Sorry to say that most people on earth wont survive it, but that is for the best.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Why is everybody soo worried? Life here in Australia is GREAT!!! Ohh Yeah!

reply to post by gordonwest

The biggest buyer of Aussie metals and other goods is China. The biggest buyer of Chinese goods is America. Do the math, mate.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well as Mr.Obama pointed out on 60 Minutes last night during the great depression unemployment was at 25 to 30% of the work force and currently its at about 6 or 7% so... based on that no.... but if things don't turn around soon it could get much worse... maybe not that bad but worse than it is that's for sure.

The worst we have seen since 1948 was 9.71% and 9.60% in 1982 and 83 respectively.

www.miseryindex.us...

[edit on 17-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Well as Mr.Obama pointed out on 60 Minutes last night during the great depression unemployment was at 25 to 30% of the work force and currently its at about 6 or 7% so... based on that no.... but if things don't turn around soon it could get much worse... maybe not that bad but worse than it is that's for sure.

If we measured unemployment today using the same criteria we did in the 30s, the news would be reporting very different numbers - 11.8% on the low end rather than the prettied-up 6.5%.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Interesting. While I just checked the misery index for my data... I am aware that unemployment rates only count those filing for unemployment and don't those who have fallen off those rolls because their benefits have run out and/or have stopped looking. But I didn't know what the numbers were when you count them.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
As the data and every single credible economist strongly believes otherwise, I would say we definitely would not agree.

Every single economist I have heard speak on the issues has vaguely said, "It is going to get much worse before it gets better."

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Is anybody hearing retarded comments like these? I'm sure if you live in Detroit you're not, but I'm starting to think that maybe Texans really are stupid.

We have plenty of the ill-informed here in Detroit as well.

Seems to me that this probable domestic auto industry collapse is a big part of the plan to drive "our" economy into the ground.

We're encouraged to be "Brave" in this New World.

Order!

I've said for a few years now that Katrina would've been allowed to do all her damage in Detroit as well. And here it is, albeit in a much more manageable form.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I live in Texas. Most people are retarded here. They are complete sheeple, either following MSM or not having a clue what is going on. I've only come across a few people who knew that the Federal Reserve was a scam and not a part of the federal government. I have just about given up trying to talk about this to anyone who is not very open.

I have a theory that subconsciously most people are aware that things are really messed up. That they just are too weak-minded to accept reality, so they just drown their denial in laughter and over indulgence. It really seems like most people I interact with are so conditioned that they're almost not even there. Most people still seem to be operating at an instinctual level. I notice over analytical males disconnected from their heart and women concerned with what makes them feel good. Both operating like animals while disconnecting from their intuitions and conscience.

It's not everywhere I go, but on the whole it is the majority in Texas. Are there any states where it's the opposite? As in the majority are really concerned for knowing the truth, and looking for that information outside of MSM?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I live in TX as well. I think, based on my observations that it is the city dwellers that think all is good. The people that live in the countryside are preparing for the worst. That is just my observation.

Oh . . . and I do not think Texas has asked for financial assistance yet

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Texas Capital applies for bailout funds
www.bizjournals.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have said this before and am saying it here again. The Great Depression I happened over a time period of days and weeks. The Great Depression II is happening over a time period of months and years. At that slow rate most people fall to see it at all. Will it hit bottom as the first one did? I do not know but I think that it may have to bottom out just to be able to reset. That is what is needed, a total reset. I think it is going to get worse a lot worse before it gets better. Only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I thought the Great Depression was a decade long? From 1929-1939. I know there were several crashes during the GD. Are you just referring to the most severe one as the GD?

I'm not a history buff, but have seen several stock charts during that time period.

Where do you get days and weeks from?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by fixer1967

I thought the Great Depression was a decade long? From 1929-1939. I know there were several crashes during the GD. Are you just referring to the most severe one as the GD?

I'm not a history buff, but have seen several stock charts during that time period.

Where do you get days and weeks from?

Great Depressionon October 29, 1929, known as Black Tuesday. The start of the whole mess when the market crashed

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yup, the ignorance is very pervasive here in TX, but the discernment is above average too. I think the fact that our economy is still rather robust plays a role there.

We need to remember that it was a couple of years after the original ‘29 crash that the bread lines started to show up. We’re just now dipping our toes into this thing, and it’s really hard to tell at this point just how deep it will go.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join