It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a must know. Scary re-education camps?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It reminds me of a quote and i apoligize i can't find it but i believe from a Cuban "I feel bad for Americans, i can always flea to America but where do Americans go when they want to flea" If someone could find the exact quote that would be great.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You go to jail. If this program comes to be, I would have to assume the penalties would be the same. Very scary.

They would have to invent an "industry" just enforce this and deal with the logistics of such a huge program, also very scary.

The federal government is going to get MASSIVE.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by drock905]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i'm gonna round it up but i'll leave you with this......

As a kid i used to idolize Amerika. H**l, i even had an american flag hanging in my bedroom. The simple reason for this was that i was told that Amerika is truly the land of the FREE.
You might not know it but even here in Holland ,were we (Holland) are know through the whole of Europe as being extremly liberal, we still have a lot to learn when it come to equality and justice for all.
But lately it seems more and more american people are willing to give away a little bit of that freedom in order to get something in return(safety ,wealth ,solving a crisis, etc)
Maybe it's time to take a good look in the mirror and stop turning your head away just because certain measuments don't effect you..

peace out.......America the great

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Stop the Obama loving!!!! give me an example. The questions and answers, Take them away. Listen then to the comments. The comments don't concern you. How can those be constrewed? Stop defending and start listening.

I never once said anything in praise of Obama. I also never defended him. This is a conspiracy site about denying ignorance right? If it were a UFO or bigfoot, you would welcome the scrutiny, even ask for it. Since it is the object of yout hate, and edited audio track is proof enough? Really?

Again, no praise for Obama here. Not even talking about Obama here. Just asking for more realistic proof than heavily edited audio which anyone knows can be made to present ANY statement at all.

Just keeping the skepticism level right here pal. Relax about Obama. You hate him far more than I love him so stop projecting. Forget Obama altogehter and get real about your proof. If it were something you did not agree with, would you not ask for at least one other piece of evidence to back up one so abviously tampered with to begin with?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

So treasone for cooperating? Again what if a person can't do the 15 "jumping jack"? Do they go to Levenworth?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I feel we may disagree with alot politically, but as a person i feel you see it. Hopefully some day i can buy you a beer or a glass of wine. God bless and thanks for your input. Good night!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

The big problem here is that these people can't be trusted. What if they want to give you a bunch of mercury shots when you join up. What if you sign a form that might obligate you for active service.

What if you must give up your guns to join the force, or take a security chip.

What if you are too stupid to really do anything, will the volunteer you for lab rat testing.

What if you refuse, will they give you one of those shots that the Chinese give to dissidents that scrambles their brains.

What if you want to leave the US, but through some under the table agreement no country will take you.

These people can't be trusted.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Forest

It has nothing to do with Obama except that he is the president "they" choose to implement this. "They" being Israel and they are preparing for WW3, Christianity VS Islam. Young Americans will need to be prepared to handle some serious s**t when the US forces attack Iran, because Iran will attack on US soil.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Study your F*cking History moron.....

This is EXACTLY what HITLER did to make sure the populace would go along with what he was planning on doing.

God help us you stupid idiots.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo

reply to post by angel of lightangelo

I never once said anything in praise of Obama. I also never defended him. This is a conspiracy site about denying ignorance right? If it were a UFO or bigfoot, you would welcome the scrutiny, even ask for it. Since it is the object of yout hate, and edited audio track is proof enough? Really?

Your right i am not an Obama fan, and say patch worked audio all you want but, the comments were not patch worked. Thats my point.

Was this interview biased? Yes! but to quote without audio interuption " if your worried about doing 15 jumping jacks the answer is yes" Listen again if you need to.

Again no edit " whether you take a train ride or a barrack think of it this way, it will be a common expierience"

Required of everybody 18-25 years at least 3 months.

Still no red flags being raised? Wheres my europeans? Like me or not does this not sound familiar?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure why everyone is blowing a gasket about community service, compulsory or not. Most private schools and colleges require this already, in support of Humanities curricula.

It's no stretch of the imagination to understand that if we want to improve this country, we all need to help and we all need to better understand the issues we face.

It's also a simple fact that you tend to appreciate something much more when you work for it than when you are given it. One would think that all the conservatives on here would get that, as they are so opposed to any form of government assistance.

No worries though, I'm sure this will be contorted every which way, as it already has, and we will get the same crappy public education system we have gotten for years....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
this is #ing terrible. first the obama youth then what? a war, a holocaust? this is the first step in a totalitarian government : taking control of the children and education.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Novise

Please answer, when was there another time this was suggested or immplemented? by whom?

Still waiting for an answer on this one.........Hello, hello.......................................Echo, echo, echo?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

There is a difference between volunteering in the community, which pretty much everyone agrees is a good thing if you choose to do it, and being required to do civil service or being required to spend 3-4 months in a boot camp for 18-25 year olds. That is what the fuss is about. It is not "Hey, everyone should volunteer cause it's good for the community." It's "Hey, we are going to force you into a boot camp type atmosphere for 3-4 months if you are between the ages of 18 and 25 while we dictate what you do, think, etc." Big difference between the two. What is being spoken about is no better than a draft. What gets me is so many people are against the draft, but call it a civilian security force and everyone's ok with it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
anotherdad...
I just wanted to give you a couple of links so you can check them out...

I just had this argument the other day about "Required" or "Mandatory" community service...People kept saying he never said it was required or mandatory...

That is because his websites are being retooled...here is the ats thread about that happening...Obamas websites have been totally reworded in the last few days...Convenient hugh???

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=5309278#pid5309278

It pertains to high school and middle school kids...But...It shows the original intent anyways...(my sons in middle school)

December 5,2007 Obama views...

The third part of my plan will be integrating service into education, so that young Americans are called upon and prepared to be active citizens.

Just as we teach math and writing, arts and athletics, we need to teach young Americans to take citizenship seriously. Study after study shows that students who serve do better in school, are more likely to go to college, and more likely to maintain that service as adults. So when I'm President, I will set a goal for all American middle and high school students to perform 50 hours of service a year, and for all college students to perform 100 hours of service a year. This means that by the time you graduate college, you'll have done 17 weeks of service.

We'll reach this goal in several ways. At the middle and high school level, we'll make federal assistance conditional on school districts developing service programs, and give schools resources to offer new service opportunities. At the community level, we'll develop public-private partnerships so students can serve more outside the classroom.

Here is the link to the page...

www.barackobama.com...

It states that at middle and high school level,we'll make federal assistance "Conditional" on school districts developing service programs ...then the rest of the paragraph...

In my opinion that would make community service "Required" or "Mandatory"...Right???

Seems no one minds that goes against our 13th amendment...Involuntary Servitude...Laboring against ones will...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Thank you and well said, this is the point i feel people are missing. Can we get over community service is good and talk about "the new plan for community service" Thanks for chimming in!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I'm not sure why everyone is blowing a gasket about community service, compulsory or not. Most private schools and colleges require this already, in support of Humanities curricula.

It's no stretch of the imagination to understand that if we want to improve this country, we all need to help and we all need to better understand the issues we face.

It's also a simple fact that you tend to appreciate something much more when you work for it than when you are given it. One would think that all the conservatives on here would get that, as they are so opposed to any form of government assistance.

No worries though, I'm sure this will be contorted every which way, as it already has, and we will get the same crappy public education system we have gotten for years....

Just supose....(and i'm really stretching it here....uhum)
But after the mandatory draft is put to law and your president think it is a national risk for people to be spreading the kind of free thinking that is going on here on ATS b'cause it is instigating.

Would you willingly shut down your account aswell b'cause you don't get what the "big deal" is.

I trully hope i'm wrong but it's always afterwards people say " why didn't we stop this sooner?"

well here's your change

[edit on 14/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Tesla i love ya, you have been a constant in seeing the raising of a child is a (Heaven forbid) parents reasponseability. I love seeing this concerns you too. The lack of outrage is amazeing.

Again where's the Jewish people on this one?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

Thank you, I was looking for that info myself to post here. The draft of this originaly had excerps that mandated civil authorities to penalise family members if you did not report for you' Voluntary civil Service'! i wonder exactly what they meant by that. Would they stop the SS payments to your granny? Would they penalise your father at his job? There are things here that are worrysome. The three months in a camp will be "To Get You Mind Right"??? I'm sure the indoctrination proceedings at these camps will be very interesting to a constitutionist!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Sharp as always Zindo.......

Thanx for the input

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join