It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a must know. Scary re-education camps?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by owlseleven
reply to post by N. Tesla

In these instances, they seem to be actually afraid of the propaganda itself, the "ghost stories" that are used to represent fear symbolically, but are given almost oppressive power if interpreted literally, where there is an equivalency between all contexts, no matter how irrational.

The fear is not of the 'propaganda' the fear is mostly an awareness of events that are reminiscent of or even closely comprable to events that have happened before. The catch phrase of every major class of victims in history has been "I can't believe this is happening." Some who saw what had been coming or at least suspected it were ignored and even vilified. History is cyclical and repeats over and over because people are scared of being different. They don't face reality until it is too late.
I hear it all of the time, "That could never happen."
If you look at history, it already has.
Over and over.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Profound,, just exactly profound! You Sir, have a real grasp of reality and a great post.
Zindo

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The propaganda is being created by the people themselves in many respects. The public is perpetuating the government controlled fear through paranoia, which is ideal for the powers that be. Take for instance the hysteria being created over Obama's every word has led people to draw conclusions that are mainly supported by statements taken out of context. Do you notice how many people on ATS focus on a few isolated statements and build an entire set of self-fulfilling prophecies from these statements?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This video could be our future!

Just change the men into kids, adults and the old folks. We can all sing along together in our work camps and praise the great leader "Obama".

video.google.com...#

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

What "events" are you referring to? Are you referring to the Youth Corps initiatives created by John F. Kennedy that were described in the past with virtually the same language used by Obama? Is that the history that we're trying to avoid repeating?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Unfortunately who see things over the horizon are usually called nuts or whatever until their prediction come true, and by that time it is too late. But if whatever is over the horizon gets prevented or never materializes, those with the foresight are once again branded as nuts even if their warning have served to prevent a horrible event.

People who do learn from history seem to be those "nuts".

There are warnings now that Obama is doing what Hitler did to start his power grab. Obama wants a civilian force. He wants the force to be just as powerful as the military. Does he want a rival force? Does he know that the Hitler brownshirts openly fought with the German military?

The counter argument will be denial of course. Obama supporters tell people to calm down and give him a chance.

I bet those that opposed Hitler when he first appeared on the scene were told to give him a chance as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

For the record, I'm not an Obama follower by any means, and I mean that sincerely, but where do you notice that the parallels between Obama and Hitler are selectively drawn from selective fragments of historical context? Think about what you're seeing on the horizon. Does the fact that you're seeing it point to the metaphorical power of this propaganda? There can be no context if all contexts are equivalent.

In terms of learning from history, are you aware that there have always been ATS type communities around throughout history who have been wrong just as often as those who many on here might consider blind, and the consequences of the latter's errors in perception have been just as destructive. The complexity of the world can not be reduced to "us" and "them" equivalencies.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by owlseleven]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ok I viewed the youtube version of Rahm Emanuel mandatory service and this
was ommited "Whether you take a train ride or Barracks, it will be a shared common experience"!!!

What the Hell is he talking about? Is this a joke to him? However it is not edited in this video!!

vodpod.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The statement, "history is cyclical", is also propaganda. Can you make a distinction between history and propaganda? Does the "history repeats itself" perspective sound a warning or put people to sleep? Yes, every event has already happened, but it's predictive programming that dictates what people think history has taught them.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
For the blind. Mc Cain would have done the same thing. THERES NO SIDES.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

In this context, he was making light of the interviewer's naivete. When you hear "barracks" and "trains"---what do you think of?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Would todays youth know what these words mean or who wrote them?

"In a republic, who is 'The Country?' Is it the government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the government is merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its perogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isnt. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Who then is 'The Country?' Is it the newspaper? Is it the pulpit? Why these are mere parts of the country, not the whole of it; they have not command, they have only their little share in command. In a monarchy, the King and his family are The Country; in a republic, it is the common voice of the people. Each of you, for himself, by himself and on his own responsibility, must speak. It is a solemn and weighty responsibility, and not lightly to be flung aside at the bullying of the pulpit, press, government, or the empty catchphrases of politicians. Each must decide for himself alone what is right and what is wrong, and which course is patriotic and which isnt. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide it is against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may. If you alone of all the nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have done your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

Too much in these past decades have we all witnesses more and more of our youth that either dont know what it is to be an American or worse yet dont care. While I am a simple man to the extent of being a simpleton, those words by Mark Twain tell me that we are duty bound to stand against things that we believe wrong even if it physically pits us against our own. This would be a horrifying yet honorable event as we would all be part of a new and epic chapter in history. But like others have asked; would the younger generations get it? Would they really understand whats at stake? I feel this country has been circling the drain longer then the Bush administration. There has for too long been too many secrets, too many lies and not enough action. I am beginning to long for days I never had to live thru; the days we could run a politician out on a rail tarred and feathered.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You are kidding ? If you do not think that this type of planning has not been carried out before and is not dangerous you do not follow human history.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonathan_777
Go to the url listed at the end of this post.Watch the first five minutes or so of this movie.WARNING! If you elect to watch the whole movie, it has some very "adult scenes" in it.

Google Video Link

The embedded isn't working, neither is the link, could you please post an alternative source or maybe tell me the key words so that I can google it myself?

Plus, I'd like to clarify something here, they are not talking about 3-4 months or civil service, the 3-4 months is BOOT CAMP!
It goes a something like a this:

You're in school, it will be mandatory that you do community service.
You turn 18, bam, you have to join this stupid "Civilian Security Force" or whatever Oblahblah is calling it.
You have to go through "Training" or in better, more accurate, less deceiving words, "Boot Camp", this will last 3-4 months.
After you've gone through the boot camp, you'll be forced to hunt me down and kill me, cause I won't be a pawn in there little game.

F**K the NWO!!!

Seriously, Bush started "refurbishing" the old concentration camps here in the U.S., so nice of him to do that for Obama so he can get right to putting us unrulies in those as fast as possible.

You dumb Obama lovers, I bet Bush and Obama make love in Bohemia Grove, it doesn't matter who's in office, they all push for the same agenda.

put a frog in a pan of boiling water and it will jump out, put a frog in a pan of "room temperature" and slowly heat it up to a boiling poin, he won;t even notice till he's cooked. That's what's happened/happening here in America, we're a bunch of stupid frogs and the only "change" Obama is bringing is a higher temperature on the thermostat, to boil us alive.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
After the way past administrations have screwed with the school systems to "dumb down" our children maybe this isn't such a bad idea! NOT!!!
NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hmm. Start slicing and dicing the military as it is when Obama gets in. This is part of his plan when he takes office. Then, create this "civilian" "mandatory" "training". Barracks....Trains.....

Obama is the black Hitler. Naysayers, he's got 4 years, wants 8. You watch. The "change" will not be overnight. But, you'll wake up one day and ask yourself "how the hell did it get like this?"

Why in the hell didn't the Mainstream Media who got this clown elected check into how he screwed up Chicago? He never made a dent in crime, the slums are still slums, the state was nearly broke, his anti-gun legislation, his lack of compassion to surviving infants of late-term abortions......this guy and this administration will be a monstrosity. And, where is the "change"? He's already got a staff of "Clintons" he's going to appoint. Where in the hell is his "change" when he's just bringing back the old dogs of Washington?

Has he changed the Presidential Seal yet, or will that be "unveiled" January 20th?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by owlseleven

Lyed pits filled with dead Jews.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

please explain where you get your information. Purrusal

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
There is going to be a whole lot of killing going on if the government actually thinks they can just start rounding up peoples kids. This government is getting a little to fascist for my taste.

THat's the whole Idea.

They take your kids, they make you fight & they have a Legit excuse to... Errm "defend themselves"..., and get rid of all the older Generations & leave only the impressionable kids to follow them into the next age.

This is'nt going to be in the US either. All Western countries that bow..."err i mean are US allies"..., will fall under the same regieme.

This is why I am worried.

What happens to yous guys in the US, will happen to the rest of us too.

Mr Obama isn't going to be a US president, He's gunna be a Western President.

Only way out is to fight like hell or jump ship & take your chances with those we once thaught our enemies.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I guess Zack de la Rocha & Tom Morello (rage aginst the machine) were right.....

"What? The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy!"

Compromise
Conformity
Assimilation
Submission
Ignorance
Hypocrisy
Brutality
The Elite
All of which are American dreams

Know your enemy.............see ya......

[edit on 15/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join