It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a must know. Scary re-education camps?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Obey is the 'street' name for Obama. Also 'O' is being used in the inner cities to denote Obama, The Most High and Mighty! LOL

Zindo

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I couldn't tell what they were saying... Could be 'Obey', but I thought I heard one too many syllables for it to be that... Could they be chanting 'Obama'?

And yeah, my jaw hits the floor every time I see one of these videos...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ok, thanks guys. It really sounds like they are saying, 'Out. Obey.' to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Wait a minute.. He has a 'street' name? You mean like certain drugs do? For the love of all that is holy....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by paxnatus

How do you get VOLUNTARY out of the word MANDATORY?? You CAN't!! what you are talking about is SLAVE LABOR!! And if you are O.K. With this, then you have NO business even calling yourself an AMERICAN.

Amen to that. Voluntary service is commendable. My kids volunteered at a local hospital for many years, but they weren't forced to.
In addition, what if mandatory service took the form of having people help ACORN register people that legally should not be allowed to vote? Or what if people that are against abortion are forced to work in an abortion clinic? What if Jews are forced to work on Saturday, or Christians are forced to work on Sunday? Obama's idea of "service" MAY not be YOUR idea or my idea of service.

Excellent point Prof. Hadn't
Even thought of that. But I'm sure that will be next. I personally believe the nation
Will rise up like never before!this will ignite a firestorm! Although many in this world would love nothing more than to see us fall, when the rubber hits the road they will not sit idle and watch us go to our demise. We still have allies out there. Then again this might be the very start of ww111!!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Yup, yup, just exactly right! He has a inner city street name.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
BTW, you might also be interested in this:
www.baracknobama.net...

I’ve discovered some interesting things about the video that I posted earlier, the one with the troop of African American teenagers marching militantly while chanting, “Alpha! Omega! Alpha! Omega!” about Obama. Guess what?
That took place in a public charter school. Those boys are students of that school. That school receives federal funding. Your taxes paid for those children to wear fatigues, develop their own new Obama salute, militantly worship Barack Obama, and spread propaganda about him.

The school is apparently also sponsored by the University of Central Missouri, a state university. That means they receive government funding too, and some of that government funding is then being funneled back into the Urban Community Leadership Academy, which is training its teenagers to march for a political candidate and refer to him as a god.

At the bottom of the link, they show the graph of the tax money that goes to this charter school.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
ww3 or not the fact of the matter is that they are lieing to us. they are feeding use inadequate lies with a tv sized spoon. they will start off easy but eventually it will look alot like nazi germany. and people will be happy. they will want it. they will ask for it. the best type of slave is a slave who thinks hes free.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by AshleyD

I couldn't tell what they were saying... Could be 'Obey', but I thought I heard one too many syllables for it to be that... Could they be chanting 'Obama'?

And yeah, my jaw hits the floor every time I see one of these videos...

It really disturbed me when they would say, "Because of Obama, I will be whatever." Those children will be whatever they want to be because of THEMSELVES. That is brain washing and their parents are allowing it to happen.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Are you serious? I heard about the 'O' and 'Big O' but is it really 'obey,' too? Please tell me you're kidding. Please?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Alpha! Omega! Alpha! Omega!

*faints*

That is even scarier than 'obey' in this Bible thumper's opinion.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

Yeah, made me a bit sick to my stomach.. I am now physically ill from watching a video. Great.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

You make a good point that's helped me think a little deeper about what I was trying to say. I don't have an ability to express myself too well, but I'll try. I'm noticing a lot of people saying they are "scared" in response to what I see as psychological propaganda. In these instances, they seem to be actually afraid of the propaganda itself, the "ghost stories" that are used to represent fear symbolically, but are given almost oppressive power if interpreted literally, where there is an equivalency between all contexts, no matter how irrational. My apologies if this explanation lacks substance.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That is even scarier than 'obey' in this Bible thumper's opinion.

It sounds like he IS their God, doesn't it? The alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. You know, when some of the threads were posted that asked if Obama was the anti-Christ, I kind of laughed it off, to myself. However, sometimes you have to wonder....is there a grain of truth there? When people start to WORSHIP a human being, and believe that he will solve all of their problems, you have to wonder............

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I think they say. "Obie" not 'Obey' as in you must!,LOL
Zindo

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by owlseleven
reply to post by N. Tesla

You make a good point that's helped me think a little deeper about what I was trying to say. I don't have an ability to express myself too well, but I'll try. I'm noticing a lot of people saying they are "scared" in response to what I see as psychological propaganda. In these instances, they seem to be actually afraid of the propaganda itself, the "ghost stories" that are used to represent fear symbolically, but are given almost oppressive power if interpreted literally, where there is an equivalency between all contexts, no matter how irrational. My apologies if this explanation lacks substance.

i see what you mean. they are creating their own fear. they arent afraid of the meaning of the propaganda they are jsut afriad of the propaganda itself is that what you are getting at?

[edit on 07/17/2008 by N. Tesla]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by owlseleven

I think the fear most of us have about something like this stems from us thinking it is fundamentally wrong to force anyone into a government run training camp in the name of 'civil service'. At least it is for me, can't really speak for anyone else. All the pretty words in the world won't distract us from the meaning behind those words. Emanuel is talking about forcing those 18-25 into a mandatory training camp and says not to worry about it because it will be a shared experience, basically. Obama has called for a "Civilian Security Force", whatever the heck that is supposed to mean, but won't clarify what exactly he thinks it should be. And as much as his supporters want us to believe it's just voluntary community service, it's not. Volunteers don't need a forced training camp. A "Civilian Security Force" as large, as well-funded and as well-trained as the military is not community service. Our fears are not unfounded, and as has been pointed out fear is not a bad thing as long as you don't let it consume you to the point of hysteria. Fear will keep you alive and safe in the right doses and under the right circumstances.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

I disagree with mandatory joining of anything.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by owlseleven

Like Jenna, I can't speak for everyone but this is what 'scares' me about this:

1). More big government telling its citizens what to do instead of the citizens or the citizen's parents making decisions with their time. This point, although serious, is actually the least of my 'fears.'

2). What could possibly happen to those who refuse to participate. Zindo mentioned earlier about it being stated the family members of those who did not participate would be punished.

3). How far it will eventually go. Most people know these kind of things happen in baby steps before it becomes huge. It might start with one part of the population or certain requirements then increase.

4). The lack of details surrounding the program. What exactly will be taking place in the training facilities? Possible programming? What does Obama mean by civil force? Etc.

5). Is this something that will turn the people into forced 'slaves' for 'the man.' Are we talking about cleaning up street graffiti or working for certain activist programs that might conflict with personal beliefs?

Etc. The list goes on but the above are some reasons, all varying in importance and issues.

[edit on 11/14/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You can hear it from me first, I voted Obama but I would be completely against anything like this. I don't think people would allow this to happen, but who knows... the Patriot Act passed overnight.

Perhaps if there is another terrorist attack an agenda like this could pass.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join