It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA(area,Montecito ) is on fire! State Emegency Called.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Huge Fire in LA area

Many houses are gone... and the fire is still raging.

Firefighters and a squadron of aircraft launched a daylight attack Friday to push back a wind-whipped wildfire that destroyed "well over 100 homes" in Montecito.

Fire officials began an aggressive attack from the air at daybreak with the help of nine water-dropping helicopters and 10 air tankers, said Terri Nisich, a spokeswoman with the Santa Barbara County Executive Office. A high wind warning was in effect in Los Angeles and Ventura counties through Saturday, with possible gusts of up to 70 mph in some passes and canyons.

*Fixed link

[edit on 11/14/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Your URL isn't working. It's adding "[/url" to the end of the address. You probably just need to close a bracket.

edit: (link fixed) Thx for the post! Hopefully this fire doesn't get any worse.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Magnus47]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
13 Injured and over 100 homes already up in blaze... I hope everyone in the way of the blaze have the sence of mind to get up and leave. Its situations like this that people just have to realize they need to get up and leave instead of trying to stick it out. My thoughts go out to everyone in SoCal. God Bless You ALL!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Edit to fix wrong link...here's one from Reuters...

....edit again to say, sorry guys, I seem to have complete cut and paste failure tonight....but there are articles on Reuters new agency that you might want to have a look at.....

huge apologies....

Stay safe

Cxxx

[edit on 14-11-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just hope its not arson

I know CA gets Bad wildfires...

But not in Nov...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Just in case some of you aren't familiar with the area, Montecito is not in LA and is actually about 90 minutes north of LA. It is just south of Santa Barbara.

It's not unusual to have wildfires through November and it's very hot in So Cal at the moment. I think it's supposed to remain in the 80's and 90's through next Wednesday at least and the Santa Ana winds will be here through Sunday so there are red flag warnings all through Southern California.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
And its not over...

www.nbclosangeles.com...

Look at that...

a couple years back.
I lived in the southern vally, and we had this kind of smoke cover over the entire sky, for several days

It is surreal

In the vally, there is large moutains to the east, so the sun never rose during the day. The first time the suns rays hit the city was late in the day. About 7pm...

top topics

join