It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful guns...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Link here for all the pics

Who does not love a Golden Gun

Look at this one. Found in Iraq... Could be one of the Hussains...

This one just looks dangerous... Not for a beginner, the would stab themselfs in the Face with the recoil.

The Hippies Gun

And there are some more cool ones in the link

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Who does not love a Golden Gun

Isn't that the gun used by the African King's son in the movie Lord of War ?

I'll take one of these thank you very much...

Another one for your collection...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Andre Neves]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
would they still be beautiful if they we used to tear a hole through an innocent child, mother father etc?

pistols, rifles (and so on) are tools of mutilation.

they are designed to scare and if necessary cripple or kill.

for someone to combine art or bling with weaponry is merely glamorizing fear and murder.

pretty distasteful really.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
would they still be beautiful if they we used to tear a hole through an innocent child, mother father etc?

for someone to combine art or bling with weaponry is merely glamorizing fear and murder.

Go preach elsewhere

Isn't there a religion forum somewhere on ATS i've seen?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yes, a great many guns have been used to perpetrate great offenses, but to suggest that this is the entirety of the weapon's history would be to completely ignore the facts. Guns have been and will continue to be used for good as well as bad. Killing is often justified, regardless of what you or anyone else may think--it is often necessary. Guns are only as moral as the individual using them.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Those are absolutely amazing! I am a collector so they all interest me. I bet some of the inscribing was very very expensive to get done. Thanks for the post. By the way if it wasn't for weapons of war we would not have the freedoms that we do. If it wasn't guns it would be bows, spears, swords and knives.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Andre Neves

Yes...

In the movie Lord of War, the son of the dictator does have a Golden AK-47, with a folding stock

And looks just like this one...

would they still be beautiful if they we used to tear a hole through an innocent child

Don't know why you are thinking about using guns to 'used to tear a hole through an innocent child'

But guns are for self protection.
And ones like these, and more of just for show...
And ESPECIALY the ones that are over 100 years old.

If someone doesn't want to own guns, thats their choice.
When a crazied out meth addict breaks into their home...

thats when we will see what you want...
The phone to call the ACLU...

Or mister 12 guage...

Guns give people the means to protect them selves.

If you don't want to have a gun.
Thats fine. I hope if someone ever breaks in, and trys to hurt you or your loved ones, that one of your neighbors will hear the screams, and come and do the right thing...

Now please... If you just hate guns... then maybe the weaponry forum is not the place to be... This has nothing to do with religion...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

[edit on 15-11-2008 by PaddyInf]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Creeping Jesus

You are in the wrong place my dear friend.

Would you go to a hockey game and preach how hockey players brutally beat each other and why hockey games aren't good?

I sure wouldn't.

So don't come into the weaponry forum and preach how guns are bad.

Paddyinf, that really is a beautiful handgun. Got anymore?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That's from that movie Wanted, I think.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Argh, I've never been a fan of the color gold myself. Although the golden AK looks great. I prefer the overall look of silver personally.

I'd take the silver one over the golden one, any day of the week.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Small is beautiful

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Come on now, seriously, of course they would!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
now those are some guns I would own. Especially the hippy looking one. I dont see why people get all uppity about guns, as if guns and violence are the same thing. Just imagine how slow and painful death would be if there were no guns, I highly doubt removing a tool from the box will keep the job from getting done.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andre Neves

Whilst I may not know much at all about guns (and not having ever had the opportunity here in the UK) I do know a work of creative craftmanship when I see it...simply stunning in a perverse kind of way!

[edit on 16-11-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I must admit I am not fond of gold firearms, it is a bit like gold trim on a Cadillac.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I really like the custom ammo:

Vampire Gun

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I've always wanted a pistol with a bayonet on it! It would be so useful for close contact! If you miss with the knife, you can just pull the trigger!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I agree with the bulk of the posters here Creeping Jesus.

This is not a religious forum.

However since you are wont to inject morality into this thread...I take the liberty to remind you there is a place in the New Testament where Jesus is sending some disciples out to teach and preach the Word. He instructs them to go and buy a sword. He was not telling them to purchase a sword for the purpose of swatting flies.

Creeping Jesus...I can very readily and quickly make this argument about automobiles and the number of mothers, fathers, and children killed and mutilated in and by them.

I can also make a pretty good argument of the killing, crippling and mutilation of the mind and soul by television.

Not everyone on this thread is an emotional train wreck. Many of us are are in fact quite religious. We are just not as easily emoted as obviously are you.

I suggest you train a bit more on the moral high ground before you attempt to lecture such to the folks on this thread.
I am happy for you that you so value life ...as are many of us on this board. For many of us have been out here in the world where there is much danger and or life can be very cheap. We know the value of life and the struggle to keep and maintain it.
There are also many on this thread who have intimate knowledge of the word....Valor. The mighty men of Valor.

To the rest of the board.....my apologies for that outburst but I felt such needed to be said. I am off my soapbox now.

While some of these guns are fine pieces of workmanship...some are to me just gaudy.

The workmanship on the Beretta shotgun is excellent as is the photo of the snub nosed revolver. It is a matter of personal taste but scroll work somehow does not in my mind fit on a HK....but that is personal taste.
I do not have much personal use for this caliber of workmanship..though I am well aware that it takes great skill and craftsmanship.

I am reminded of the level of workmanship I have seen in photos of early guns of the matchlock and early flintlock periods where only the wealthy could even afford firearms. Wonderful ..beautiful scroll work,workmanship, and craftsmanship.
I can admire and appreciate such skill and artisans ..but alas it is not for me. I require something much more practical in my tools. I just have little use for porcelain statues which one takes down once in awhile and dusts off to put them back on the display. I would rather something more functional.

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I say a Whitney Wolverine:

[edit on 16-11-2008 by asmeone2]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join