It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird coincidences that keep happening to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
All of my life, I've had this "thing" where I'll get a song in my head, and invariably a few hours later I'll hear it being played somewhere, either on the radio, TV, in a store, or coming from a boom box across the street, etc. It doesn't matter if the song came out last week or fifty years ago. If I hear it in my head I'll hear it for real soon after.

Do any of you have weird ongoing coincidences?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have noticed that too. Ill have my zune running with about 3200 songs in it. out of nowhere ill be singing a tune. the next song that comes on is the one i was thinking of. either zunes are REALLY evil or read minds. happens in the car listening to the radio too. i believe its a weak form of precognition that we all have.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

The coincidence might seem amazing until you start to look at it objectively.

For instance..

How many times have you had a song in your head and you have NOT heard it? How many songs do you hear without having it in your head first?

You are more likely to notice a song you have heard if it is already in your head.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am reading a book right now called The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot (I highly recommend it, btw). In it, he explains that such occurences are called synchronicities. Long story short, it's your mind's way of tapping into the...for lack of a better word, "energy" that connects all things and makes up the universe. By realizing, conciously and subconciously, that everything is made up of the same stuff and connected as such...such synchronicities are simply our way of tapping into the universe. Hope this helps

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I get stuff like that, but about things that happen 2 seconds later.. but this stuff happens SO often I don't label it a coincidence anymore.
It really IS your precog sense, you just need to listen to your thoughts more and whatever comes into your head.

Even last night, we were waiting to get in for quantum of solace, so everybody in the lineup was sitting down on the carpet, so I was sitting on my ass with my hands behind me on the ground, we had already been there for about 30 min and then instantly the thought of somone possibly stepping onto my hand shot in my head, not a second later a guy stepped on my hand.

Yesterday, I got out of the subway and headed upstairs to the bus terminal, and one of the busses had just gotten there so there were about 30 people entering in the doors, passing me, and I thought to myself man it'd be nice if someone gave me their ticket, and boom, right after I thought this a woman in that crowd walks up to me with a smile and says "here you go".

When fallout 3 came out, that morning one of my roommates said he didn't know if he was going to buy it cause he wouldn't have much time for it, he went to work, and later in the day my other roommate came home,
he had bought fallout 3. It didn't occur to me to mention this to my other roommate cause I figured he wasn't going to buy it. A few hours later I just got this urge to message him and say "hey man if you were thinknig of buying fallout 3 dont bother cause scotty already did"..
when he got home hes like "man thats so weird.. i was in HMV I was literally just about to buy it when you texted me."

Or like every time I've really sat down and thought of a girl that I hadn't spoken to for a while, and just thought of all the fun things we would do, jokes we had and such, it would make me really happy.,., I ALWAYS get a call or a text from them shortly after.

Haha, something funny kept happening in farcry 2 also.. to get around the map, there's these bus stops, with 4 maps on these signs. each sign has a green dot (where you are currently), and a red dot (where that bus stop will take you). theyre always 4 of them side by side.
i would look at MY map to see what part of the country I would have to travel to, then just think ok which board is it? hmm.. and i literally just close my eyes, and think of them side by side in my mind, and see which one sort of 'lit up' in my head.. i'd go with my gut there, and bam, it was always where I wanted to go.
after getting it right EVERY SINGLE TIME I started to think okay, maybe the game just makes the first one you look at the right one, to do with whatever quest you had at hand.. so i'd do the whole 'go with your gut' thing, then i'd choose the one beside it instead.. and i was always wrong that way..
i was even able to do this when i wasnt on any sort of quest, or mission, like when I just wanted to go to another spot in the game for no reason I could pick out which sign was going to take me there.

Stuff like this happens EVERY EVERY EVERY day to me. It's effing awesome because it doesn't stop happening, people DO have a precog sense you just need to listen to your thoughts, it's your gut feeling! There have been billions of times I'd be passenger in a car on an unfamiliar highway and I get asked "uhh crap man where should I get off" and I just guess whichever exit, everytime they listen to me, I'm always right, everytime they dont, they're wrong.
I don't mean this as in "i always know everything", i just guess, I go with my first gut feeling, and it has never failed me.

Edit: oh yeah, and the song thing. lmao, i always will randomly get a song in my head, then i'll be singing it and SO many times whoever was around me is like "whoa thats weird I was just thinking of that song"
But even when I'm alone I'll sometimes just get a song in my head for no reason, not have any idea why.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

yeah it's sychronicity, a very powerfull emotional state. James Redfeilds books on the Celestine Prophecies are all about this. theres pages on here about it as well as their own website.

It's about seeing the coincidences and acting on them, they happen for a reason. like seeing the same person a few times in one day, someone you may not have seen for a while. go talk to them they've probably got something important for you to hear.

murray, it sounds like your very in tune with yours.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have really noticed these things at work. For what ever reason a random customer of mine, who I have had in the past, will pop into my head. Sometimes it is while driving to work or at different times during the day. Then later that day the customer will come in or call. It has gotten to the point where I have taken it pretty seriously.

I have been thinking of getting a little note book and just writing the names and initial times of the thoughts down and comparing them to the times when the customer then makes contact.

Now if I only could figure out a way to make them purchase something

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I always have coincidences,to many now to think that they are coincidences.

These things happened to me in 1 week

I mentioned to my daughter Beth about the old monster munch crisps/chips being alot bigger than what they are now,2 days later she comes in from school and shows me a packet of monster munch and on the packet it says,the old monster munch is back.

On the Monday night I was looking out at the night sky and saw the moon and never seen it as it was,there was a redish brownish ring around it,I tried taking pictures but you couldnt see the rings,anyway I found out that it was called moon corona,but 3 nights later I have an email from a guy I chat to and his friend took 2 pictures of the moon on Monday night so my friend sent them to me,,actually the same as what I saw.

That night I was painting my bedroom wall and looked at my red roses in the voil on the ceiling and I thought about my mum and Ive always said one day I would send her 1000 red roses.I went downstairs and turned television on and charmed was on and Pru was in hospital surrounded with red roses and Andy walks in with another bunch.

I said to my other daughter Vicky on the Thursday night about theres a girl called Nicola Farr 3miles away and also one 30 miles away.My sister came to see me on Friday morning and tells me Im gonna be shocked at what shes gonna say,,her son has an auntie called Nick and shes married a guy with the surname Farr so now theres more Nicola Farr's about and my nephew has 2 aunties with the exact name.

Friday night I got in my car and normally I always put my belt on,I got round the corner and just thought,knowing me I would bump into the police,,as soon as I said that police car went by.

Me and Beth went for a meal on Tuesday and Kate Perrys song came on and I said to Beth 'Do you think shes gonna be a one hit wonder?' she said yeh,and when I got home,,turned television on and who do I see Kate Perry,,with her 2nd single.

I read a u2u and for some reason I have no idea she wrote I hope you have many good coincidences,,at that very time of reading I was having one.

I think more people are having more of these things happen now,,,Im pretty sure its part of us evolving,,its natural

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Alienmindflare]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
My weird coincidence thing is on television. All too often, I will be bored and go to watch tv for a bit, but of course nothing good will be on. So I will pick a show that I remember being good but I have only watched once or twice before ever. Even though the particular show has been running for years with countless episodes and only one or two I have seen, it just so happens to be the rerun of that very one I have seen.

It happens way to often and ticks me the frigg off.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
All along the watchtower?
Galactica?
Cylons?
FRACK!!!!!
haha
well...wat has happened before will happen again right?
(for people who dont know what i am talking about please reffer to the season 3 ender of galactica....it will explain a lot of things)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This thread comes at a great time, because I've had a lot of very odd synchronicities lately that make me seriously wonder what's happening.....

For instance,

About a month ago I was reading a thread on here about the Cushman caves in Arkansas, it was a random thread I clicked on and looked it over, then went to sleep for the night. The next day me and some friends are at a Chinese restaurant and a man nearby keels over with a heart attack, I called 911 and the ambulance came, big scene happened in front of everybody. He died right there and his first name ended up being CUSHMAN! I had to look it up in the obituaries to make sure I wasn't going crazy, for one because I've really never heard of that name before...

Meanwhile a lot of things have occurred (mostly BAD things) from running certain scenarios in my head that just wouldn't pan out, but they always seem to. Sure half of this is purely coincidence, but there's another side that makes me think I'm bringing some of it on myself without realizing it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thoughts reflect.

The more aware I became of my own thoughts, the more deja vu I started to experience... until I realized that everything out there was in here first (points to head). It's within us all, it creates everything we see, yet is shared as one mind. I call it the uni-mind.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yep.
Here's some work related ones.

If I get some weird, totally obscure problem that takes me forever to look up and fix, inevitably some other client will call in reporting that EXACT SAME problem. Of course, when I fix it right away, I look like a genius.

By obscure, I don't mean it in the literal sense, I mean it in the sense of you have to do A, B, C, D, then do Z, then do E, F, G, and H, before you arrive at problem X.

Along those same lines, if there was some weird problem, it gravitated to me. I never minded it though. For example, we were discussing this exact issue one day, and the phone rang. Just by chance, the receptionist patched it through to me, even though there were 4 other guys sitting around. Yep. Weird, strange problem. The guys were cracking up on that one.

The other is that WHENEVER I would go out of town on work (lasting 5 days) it would rain for 4 days, and be bright and sunny when I was flying out. Happened too many times to count. It rained 4 days straight in LA when I was out there. LOL Flew into OK one time in early spring, and there was snow and ice everywhere. I stopped for coffee and asked the guy if this weather was usual for OK for that time of year. He said that it had not rained a single drop (literally) in a month. LOL

Oh, one last one. About 75% of the time, whenever I am backing up in a car, another car will be coming, and I will have to stop. This could be on a driveway, a street, a parking lot, or (the funniest ones) out in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
There is a website devoted to synchronicity that discus's this very topic.

Link

Some of the ideas proposed on that site are very interesting to say the least.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
you know my lack of experience with the paranormal, aliens and extraterrestrials has proven to me that this website is nothing more than a bunch of religious superstition and mumbo jumbo, where is the tangeble proof of extraterrestrials and the paranormal because i have never seen either?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I've noticed some weird coincidences too.
A few days ago, as soon as I got to a Greek food cart and ordered, my dad walked up less than a minute after I got there. It was weird. He had gone into work early that day, and so got off an hour early. I decided to stay an hour after school to finish up a lab. It was just odd that he showed up right after I got there.

Sometimes when I'm driving, I'll get a weird feeling about a car in the other lane. They won't have turned on their blinker, didn't swerve closer to may lane or show any sign of wanting to change lanes, but sure enough, a moment later, they will go right into my lane. I usually have to slow down so they don't run into me, and if I didn't get that feeling, I would have had to stomp on the brakes.

I also get deja vu every now and then. Getting it once or twice a month is becoming common now.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Something just happened....

As I was leaving work a song that I haven't heard in almost a decade pops into my head. Beach Boys - Surfin' USA. I get into my car to go home. The car starts and the radio pops on. Guess what I hear. Wizard of Winter, lol jk IT WAS THE BEACH BOYS!! Somehow, my radio was tuned to an oldies station. It might have been my father that was riding with me the yesterday. (he likes oldies) I was thinking to myself "what the hell just happened?"

creepy huh?

top topics

join