It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Euro bank privately owned like the Federal Reserve?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is something that just came to mind while writing about the Federal Reserve. I mean I understand that it's an inflationary central banking system (meaning the machine perpetually robs its citizens by devaluing the currency), but nowhere have I ever noticed any mention of if it's owned the same way ours is.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
it depends which "Euro Bank" you are talking about. There are hundreds of banks in europe with "Euro Bank" in the name.

Ros Euro Bank
Euro Bank PR
ECB Euro Bank
EFG Euro Bank
Euro Bank S.A.
Euro Bank FL

google

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hmm. Well I meant the system as a whole. Like the "Fed" has 12 divisions and 2500 member banks, but it as a whole is owned at the macro level by the member banks at the micro level. And it was designed to be that way from its inception with its whole "stock" system (which isn't quite the same as a typical IPO).

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I guess you mean the European Central Bank? Good question...
But I don't think it is, gonna make a quick research.

[edit on 14.11.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

European Central Bank Wiki

The ECB has the exclusive right to set interest rates for the Eurozone.

The design of the ECB was modelled on the German Bundesbank, in particular on its political independence. It is governed by a Governing Council and the Executive Board. There is also a General Council. The bank has independence from any European or national institution and also holds financial independence by means of a separate budget drawn from national central banks. These bodies also govern the ESCB, which is the ECB plus all the NCBs of the EU (the "Eurosystem" is the ECB plus the NCBs inside the Eurozone).

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sweet image, and thanks for the info.

sty

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
no - European Cetral Bank and Fed and IMF and World Bank are all owned by a small elite group. Not owned 100% but enough for the group to influence the policy.

new topics

top topics

join