It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: What do you think gas prices will be on June 1, 2009?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
For some reason most people I talk to are oblivious that gas ALWAYS gets really low at election time EVERYTIME.

And these people actually think gas will be getting lower and lower, since its dropped below $2.50 now.... but I don't think that is the case at all. I think this is the lowest it will be for a long time, and it will steadily continue to rise.

MY prediction is regular gas will be at $3.89 on June 1st, 2009.

IF there are any mods that will like to make this a contest and give points to the person who is closest, feel free.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well depending on how much Inflation sets in because of all this money being printed from no where. And how the world economy looks by then.
I'd say it'd be in the range of 2.80-3.20.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If i understand correctly not much 'cause most of the world population will either be dead or rapurted or taken to an other planet, according to most people here.

So for the ones who survive...i guess a chicken a barrel or maybe half a cow...don't know

[edit on 14/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

[edit on 14/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well, this depends on a lot of factors that we can't foresee or control.

So who knows?

If I had to venture a guess though, lets see...

Right now where I live gas is $1.84 (I know
). So I would think in that time, even if it goes up another dollar per gallon, we'd still be under 3 dollars.

I can't imagine it getting back up to above 3 dollars a gallon again without some unforeseen circumstance.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Different to what they are now.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I expect them to be in the high $4 or $5 range again... after all prices always go up in the summer.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I expect it will matter how much we pursue alternative energy sources. Having other energy sources grow will keep the price of fossil fuel down. I see a lot more hybrid cars lately. It's hard to say, it might not change much at all. I too, have noticed though that it always goes down at election time. I think big oil does it in an attempt to help the Republicans.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Right now where I live gas is $1.84 (I know
). So I would think in that time, even if it goes up another dollar per gallon, we'd still be under 3 dollars.

What?!?! Gas hasn't seen the $1 mark in NY in 6 years at least!

Lets get some exact figures, so we can look back at this in June and see who was the closest!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Its $1.89 here in Roanoke Va... maybe less since I haven't been out for a couple of days.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Honestly?

2 Ameros/Gallon, roughly.

No, this is not a joke or one-liner.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by roknhrdcor

No joke... though I expect it to start going up as the holidays and heating season arrives... screw em now while they need it ya know.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by roknhrdcor
Honestly?

If the whole Amero theory is correct, I can't see the US currency changing that quickly?!? Maybe?!?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

To the one in New York, you can thank your high gas tax. Here in florida by my house, jupiter, it's abuot 2.30-2.40. Down at work in west palm it's 2.16-2.19. And 20-30 miles away I heard reports of it under $2. And up in vero beach, 40-50 miles away under $2.

I doubt the NAU will set in the first 4 years of the Obama presidency, it'll be the 4 after that =p.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Personally right now, from a Canadian perspective, in my city gas is selling at 88cents per liter, and I believe it is simply because of the growing recession across the border and spreading to here.
This time of year (holiday season) the economy can't afford a bad blow, so they have lowered the prices of gas in the hopes people will shop for gifts.
In the summer here gas prices always shoot up. I expect they will again.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
With the recession in full swing, I'm guessing $1.49

Sorry for the one liner.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by roknhrdcor
Honestly?

I say one Amero, seeing the economy has collapsed by then and were all broke, Unless the NWO decides that a higher price can only be reached by the elite and us sheeple need no transportation.....Could it happen?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would say it mostly depends on the speculators and generally how much of the financial system they can keep governments from legitimately regulating. If the speculators can be kept at bay and the US government does not then invade another oil producing nation ( to attempt destruction of supply) gas should go well below two dollars and stay there. Either way that's the theory but in truth i am sure those dependent on high oil prices ( no, not OPEC) will find a way to raise prices above the 20-30 dollar range where they already allow a sufficiently large profit margin for industry and oil producing nations.

Stellar

new topics

top topics

join