It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

34th child abandoned in Neb. under 'safe haven'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

34th child abandoned in Neb. under 'safe haven'

www.usatoday.com

OMAHA — Parents and guardians have brought 16 children to Immanuel Medical Center here, intending to abandon them.
"We've had parents come in tearful and shaking and very upset it had to get to that point, and they didn't know what to do," says nurse Linda Jensen, who manages the emergency department. The kids were 11-18 years old.

Under a unique state law, parents may leave children 17 and under at hospitals without fear of prosecution for abandonment. That has set off a national controversy, prompting the Legislature to consider narrowing the law.

"Some children know why they're here. Some don't," Jensen says. "One staff nurse said a child said, 'I'll be good! I'll be good! I'll be good if I can go home.' "

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't know what to say. I know that particular drop offs have been discussed on this. However, I foresee that this is going to increase out of control in Nebraska with the looming depression. What kills me is that some of these kids think it is a punishment. They should know WHY they are there.

It is heart breaking to see this along with the homeless rate increasing out of control. All because the greedy had to be, well, greedy. They gutted this economy and now WE the people are going to pay dearly for it. Families are being destroyed.

The family unit has already been under attack in this country for a long time now. The family unit is what makes this country what it used to be. Now that these criminals have succeeded in destroying the economy they are well on their way to destroying this nation from within.

I'm sickened.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join