It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Hopi Tell of Earths Multiple Destructions and of Atlantis.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

I've noted Ivanzana that when questioned you don't respond in a mature way. That is your right to do so but please note. I will start making complaints in the future if you continue to act so.

You aren't adding to the discussion you are just avoiding answering questions and making personal attacks. Try thinking of a better way to deal with the subject at hand.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

I've noted Ivanzana that when questioned you don't respond in a mature way. That is your right to do so but please note. I will start making complaints in the future if you continue to act so.

You aren't adding to the discussion you are just avoiding answering questions and making personal attacks. Try thinking of a better way to deal with the subject at hand.

All your questions and answers are so old. We have all thought about what you offer as 'proof' or 'fact' back in elementary school. It is hard to respond to any of your post for some of them are so ignorant of modern day facts that it becomes futile to convince people like you of updated facts that contradict your whole belief system.

As you said, your an athiest and there is no proof of god or devine creation. That says alot. You claim to be a historian but your mind is so closed and outdated that it is impossible for you to understand the real truths of this earth. Many forum members have attempted to have patients with your outdated logic but to no avail.

I am sorry if we got off on the wrong foot but most of us want to learn about new things and not be stuck in a 1960's version of reality.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I tend not to give Hopi and their prophecies a lot of credit. After all, if they were so good at this stuff, why were they not able to predict the white man coming into the picture and basically crushing their culture into almost nothing? Accurately knowing the future is a powerful thing. And yet they still got their butts kicked.

Actually, they did know.

See: www.v-j-enterprises.com...

Edit to add: I see, now that I've read more into the thread, that this has already been addressed...

[edit on 21-11-2008 by L.I.B.]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sorry for being late in replying, Ivan.

Originally posted by IvanZana
Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by infolurker

The problem with many of these stories (as I found in a wonderful book at the Hot Springs National Park) is that they were sometimes invented out of nothing as advertising/promoting for something the Whites wanted to do.

I dont mean to offend you by pointing out your ignorance in the matter. I provided links to hundreds of different flood stories from many diffrent races, tribes and locales. For you to assume they were all written for some commercial success ,monetary gain or to "promote" some racial view against whites" is absolutly thoughtless, no?

You may have misinterpreted what I wrote in haste. No, flood stories weren't written for tourism's sake (well, not usually) but in many cases the stories only show up AFTER Christian missionaries come in. The site you pointed to, while good, doesn't note what year the stories were collected (if I'm remembering right).

For instance, there's an older book (you can read online) about Navajo creation myths, and while they mention floods, there's several and it's not at all like the christian flood myth. She says her informant was someone born in the 1800's and the tale has a lot of points in it that are authentic to the Navajo:
Navajo Creation Myth
By Hasteen Klah, Mary C. Wheelwright (Google for this)

www.ilhawaii.net...

Yes, a good site... but it lacks "I got this from... on this date..." information.

The information presented has been passed down and predates most religions from the anicent Americas to the ancient East.

Actually, not true. Many of those clearly show modern time periods -- such as the one about Yellowstone (the people had no "Great Father" spirit concept before the missionaries came, as you can find out when you read some of the oldest printed material collections of tales.)

Hre is a links with almost every country having a flood 'myth' in their history. www.talkorigins.org...

An excellent site that I refer folks to. Note that many legends are clearly post-Christianity in origin.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Sorry for the misinterpetation and thank you for clarifying the links. Yes, they do have much amazing information that should be studied.

The reason for alot of the indian lore being so flowery or odd is that most if not all were passed down from word of mouth. These stories were then converted to childrens stories so they can easily be remembered and passed along. One has to see it as such to understand most of the lore.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Originally posted by Hanslune

All your questions and answers are so old. We have all thought about what you offer as 'proof' or 'fact' back in elementary school. It is hard to respond to any of your post for some of them are so ignorant of modern day facts that it becomes futile to convince people like you of updated facts that contradict your whole belief system.

As you said, your an athiest and there is no proof of god or devine creation. That says alot. You claim to be a historian but your mind is so closed and outdated that it is impossible for you to understand the real truths of this earth. Many forum members have attempted to have patients with your outdated logic but to no avail.

I am sorry if we got off on the wrong foot but most of us want to learn about new things and not be stuck in a 1960's version of reality.

Ivanzana

You seem to spend an enormous amount of time trying to attack the messenger. The evidence is there. If you can counter the arguments or evidence please do so. Stop the personal attacks

Is that clear? That is your last warning from me to stop the attacks. If you cannot discuss the evidence I'd recommend you remain quiet.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Meteora monastary, Greece.

does this look like a shoreline .. say about 3500 ish years old to anyone here?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. I think it's very interesting. I've always been very interested and drawn to Atlantis. I just feel so drawn to it and find it so fascinating. Oh and I think it's around that area too because of the climate and whatnot.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by LittlePinky82]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Ancient cultures all seem to share such traditions and stories. I guess time will tell if they were on to something or not. Given our current global financial problem I wouldnt be surprised if we are at the end of a cycle.

I'm taking a class now that is Literature of the Western World and we talked about similar stories. The stories aren't necessarily whether they are true or not but it tells you about their thinking, traditions etc. So the fact so many cultures have these stories do mean something. I think it's interesting how you said at the end of a cycle and not the end of the world. Just a nice change from all the "it's the end of the world!" people out there lol.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I absolutely believe in the destruction of Atlantis and that this time resembles theirs. I think another catastrophe will hit the reset button again, whether it be our own doing or that of nature.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join