It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything good happening in peoples lives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am gratefull for getting to find this thread and share in all the theories and read brilliant (most of the time) conversations and hearing multiple views on topic. But I want to see something.

Is anyone here happy with something that is happening in the world? Something found on this thread? Is there anything on here to look forward to in our future?

I read a couple things on here that amazed me......

1.) Someone cured AIDs in a patient with stem cells. Blows my mind. I know the rightly religious are going to go nuts about this but man...God gave someone the brains to make this happen. Fluke or not. Absolutely amazing.

2.) I am psyched to see that a company has doubles the efficiency of solar panels. Talk about a huge advance in technology.

3.) With all the bad going on in the economy my company has signed to new clients that will keep us busy for a long time. A huge deal and great turn of events...

Like I said....list something good happening in your life or something positive you read on this board....

Have a good day!!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sure there are lots of good things but if we didn't feel that something was inherently skewed with the world, we wouldn't be on a conspiracy discussion board trying to figure out what it is.

But yeah, I'm psyched about Obama and crazy about my husband. Oh, and I think my kid is a genuis.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Actually we got bad news yesterday ..but I turned it into good news ..

We own our own business (Small Appliance service) ..
We lost a huge Customer (Real Estate Company) that is about half of our business (Doing rekeys for rentals and handy work) ...they replaced us with a CORPORATE company because they were about 20.00 cheaper per rekey ..

It was a rough thing to hear that we would be losing half our income .
But I thought about it and found some good news in it .

At the end of the year we wont owe the IRS so much money then .
(Self employment taxes are SO HIGH they end up taking all our profits anyway)
And that is good news ..knowing the elite wont get much anymore out of us ..lol ..

And I am healthy ....still have a few things to eat (not anything good) but at least it will sustain us ..we have to learn to be content with what we have ..not worry about what we dont have ..... ..I am happy to be alive ...and the Lord is still in CONTROL of this world and this mess it is in ..
That is plenty for me to me be thankful for ..
Thank you LORD for all these things ..

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I got paid today.

Although that's not really a good thing. Technically, it's a bad thing that I'm happy over getting some money. Not to mention it was only 710 dollars.

Geez.. look how pessimistic I am. I blame ATS! syke

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well for me it's my children

My son is back from Iraq for the holidays and will NOT be going back he will be headed off to Greece in January

My daughter is doing wonderfully in her classes at University

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My friend just got back from Iraq a couple weeks ago.

That was a great feeling. I put the worry of him being over there out of my mind but when he got back I was ecstatic. I didn't relies at all how worried I must have been to have so much relief to see him back on US soil.

He sent me a message while over there to see if I would take part in the Soldiers Angels program on his behalf while I was over there. I adopted two Soldiers. One on his behalf and one for myself and it was great. If anyone wants to check it out you can at soldiersangels.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Excellent thread, OP.

Too often we don't look at the positive things, especially Conspiracy Theorists.

I'm happy about many things, both in my life and in the larger "world-view", although my "world view" happiness stems from technological advances mainly.

Everyone should think of what makes them happy; and remember to do so, often.

Star and flag for the Good Vibes you're laying down!

X

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
IT'S PAY DAY!

Nuff said!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Not with you completely on the Obama train, jack... but husbands and kids, there ya go!

Sure there are good things happening all the time. If there wasn't any good happening, then hope would be hard to have, since there's just so little time left before a big change needs to happen... BUT I see positive and open minds being drawn in together more and more every day. I sense a change in the overall mood I'm in for the better. I personally just have been insanely gleeful for no reason lately. I just found out that this super hot and cool chick I had a crush on in high school works with my friend at Jewel and he says she doesn't have a oyfriend and I should totally go for it, so I'm psyched about that. The band is just about to start playing shows and doing an album again.

But we must have balance. We must be vigilant, for the bright side still needs much defending. Lo! Hark! Seriously, don't get too paranoid and depressed. You're putting out bad vibes if all you ever dwell on is NWO and "idiot sheeple" and staged alien invasions and situation x scenarios up the wazoo...

Lately I've come to realize that most of the really negative stuff, like death camps and microchips and reducing the world's population to under a billion and stuff like that.... it isn't logical on the "NWO elite's" part. It just wouldn't work too well unless like let's say an asteroid hit the Earth or aliens really did invade. But the powers that be want things to stay right like they are.... and us humans, we're not satisfied. We want more to our lives. We will not sit for much longer and be rammed up the proverbial... hershey highway.

We WILL overcome all of this, and I know this.... and that is why there is not only room for hope, but there is room for absolutely certain optimism.

I love you all, and it's going to be okay.

Kisses my schnuggowies...

Except for elevatedone.... (s)he only gets an affectionate rubbing on top of his/her head..

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
listen...we don't discuss conspirecies on good things happening, just bad things. you need to get with the program, my friend. now put your tinfoil hat on and stay on message

[edit on 14-11-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
None as usual, do not expect anything either.

I am sure plenty here, are here to brighten there day, lol.

I am thankful there is a thing called absolute truth though, and truth is something very powerful.

[edit on 11/14/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am praising God for those soldiers who are coming back from Iraq .......
YEAHHHH .....so happy for them to be home safe ...Praying for them to be able to put all of that behind them ..and just move on with life ..it is so short ...we should not waste any time with concentraiting on the bad of the past ..
MAY God Bless all of the Soldiers ......

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, I'm pretty stoked about Obama going to the White House. If only because his wife is pretty and his girls are pretty. It will be cool to have some pretty faces in there for once.

Let's see, what else?
I'm getting a nice pay raise at the beginning of the year.
My wife and I are also saving a lot on food now because our daughter and her three kids who moved in with us are eligible for food stamps. This will free us of about 500 dollars a month that we have put out extra for food for the last 6 months.
I sold a painting for 2,000 dollars. That was cool.
My new tires for my Jeep were only 400 bucks. That was cheaper than I thought they would be.
While the price of kerosene, which I use to heat my studio has gone up, I haven't had to burn any yet and it's November already.
Jim Beam was on sale at the Rite Aid and I bought a bottle of it and along with it I got a free hat that's rather stylish for a baseball type hat.
My latest edition of New American Paintings came in the mail and I was pleased to see most of the art was good for once.
The book my Israeli artist friend and I worked on using computers and skype for two years is finished. Now to find a publisher.
My kidney transplant rejection has been reversed a bit since I stopped taking one of the medicines for the last 6 months. hah!
My grandson has gone 5 days!!!!!!! without getting into trouble in the first grade. What a milestone in his short schooling career.
My granddaughter in the 5th grade, the one identified as having ADD was on the honor roll for the first time ever, with 8 A's and 1 B and.........she was honored as being citizen of the month.
My grandson just finished his first season of flag football and he actually put out effort for something for once. Even though his team didn't win a single game, he was still awarded the player who is most agressive for the league.
My youngest granddaughter can talk now and no longer runs away from me and actually comes up to me quite often and gives me hugs.
My oldest granddaughter is beginning to think about there being, maybe, a god of some sort, leading me to believe these ghosts and shadow people that haunt her and me are starting to make her think that maybe there is life after this death, of some sort.
My youngest daughter is beginning to not be taken for granted by her husband because she is learning to stand her ground on some decisions.
My middle daughter is doing great in college where she is studying to be an RN.
My dog, which I received as a gift after my kidney transplant is a healthy 12 1/2 years old and still lively and playful, although, a bit of hard of hearing.
My little kitten that adopted me, which my wife referred to as "that little bitch" for stealing my heart is growing slowly and will be a small cat who will be able to fit in my lap like for forever, which is where she loves to stay.
The plumber only charged me 100 dollars to replace my faucet system in the bathtub.
The check engine light finally stopped flashing on the dashboard of my wife's truck, making her feel better.
The lawn hasn't needed to be mowed for the last two months.
The farmer across the road will grow corn next year and so I will be able to plant some, uh, plants myself that won't be easily observed from the ground or air. Heh.
Gas is now $1.76 a gallon around here.
I was accepted into a hoity toity art show.
I found a site online where I can buy slide film for my 35 mm camera at a real low price.
I made my youngest daughter's day by buying advanced tickets online, before they were all sold out, for the premiere midnight showing of Twilight and she was most gracious to me.
My wife loves me more than I could ever hope and she remains just as cute as the day I met her 40 years ago and we hug and kiss whenever we meet and depart and tell each other we love each other. And it isn't a habit we developed. It's true actions and reactions.
I guess I could go on and on but it's time to go outside and smell the fresh air.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey! I was stationed for a year in Greece. It's a wonderful experience. I would have given up one rank just to be able to go there again but take my family with me.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am also very thankful for my husband, children and grandchildren. They are my strength and love me even when I make no sense at all.

I am thankful for my Lord and His grace that he has bestowed upon me and mine. It is a joy to be a child of the creator and to feel His love towards you.

I am thankful that I am healthy again. I had been sick for over 14 years and bed bound for the last 6 years. I am now up in my wheel chair everyday. I can go outside again, cook wonderful suppers for my family and just to be up out of that bed.

Very good thread. Thank you for posting it.

Peace and Love,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I am greatful for my children, my family and my friends and of course God.
I live in a community that is not safe and women are being targeted.
It just makes me hold everyone closer

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah yeah....

Happy all over about family and good weather and just being alive but more important i guess is......

is everything in balance??

Have some bad with the good and try to enjoy both.

Peace out....

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Things have been rough for me this month. My father in law, who I dearly love, passed away before my wife was able to arrive at the hospice to be with her family. 11 hours later I did get some very uplifting news. I became a grandfather for the first time.... I am considering the birth as a sign of better things to come for the future. This thread has made me feel better.

new topics

top topics

join