It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is life about? Why are we here? Where do we go when we die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I am beyond tired and frustrated of searching for this answer as everyone in the world seems to believe in something completely different and what I hate the most is they all swear that they are right and have the correct answer.

Some people swear on their lives that they have seen God and Jesus Christ.

Some people swear on their lives that reincarnation exists which goes against God and Jesus Christ.

Some people swear on their lives that they have been contacted by Aliens and they created us.

Some people swear on their lives that Satan and demons are real because they have worshiped and seen them.

Some people swear on their lives that they remember a past life and have verified it.

Some people swear they have had near death experiences and have seen God and Heaven.

The list goes on and on but everybody contradicts each other with their answers.

I ask you this what do you believe in and why?

Do you believe in God?
Do you believe in reincarnation?
Do you believe in evolution?
Do you believe in Jesus Christ being the son of God?
Do you believe in extraterrestrials creating us?
Do you believe in Satan, Lucifer or Demons?
Do you believe in life after death?
Do you believe in the big bang and life being a flaw?
Do you believe we just seize to exist after death?

What do you believe in?
What is the purpose of life?
Why are we really here?
Where did we come from?
Where do we go when we die?

I am beyond lost and tired of searching for these answers and do not know what to think or believe anymore. It’s hard to go on in life not knowing, I'm more concerned about what comes after this life then the life I am living now.

How come so many people out there lie so badly?

They can’t all be right or have seen what they claim to have seen, or could they?

There are thousands of people claiming to have seen different things, hundreds of religions claiming they are the only true church. Every religion contradicts the other one and every belief system of incarnation or extraterrestrials contradicts the other. I am so lost, confused, tired and frustrated for searching for the truth.

There can only be one truth out there, so what is that truth I wonder?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by SeekerTruth17]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
All I know is that we live and die with our own choices in our lifetime. If I worry to much about why or how then I would never get anything done. I chose to raise a family and to teach them good morals and respect and that's my main purpose now. So for me life is about living, teaching, learning while were here. If I could ask a dead person about where we go from here then I'd know that answer. I'd rather die ignorant then to think I know what's gonna happen. So I just live for now.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17
I am beyond tired and frustrated of searching for this answer as everyone in the world seems to believe in something completely different and what I hate the most is they all swear that they are right and have the correct answer.

And most of them are wrong. If their is a God (which their is without a dout) then he would set a step of laws for good ways of life, and life after death. Their is only one way to God. Through his Son Jesus Christ.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17Some people swear on their lives that they have seen God and Jesus Christ.

I dout anyone has seen God or Christ now in days. We came to earth for free will and to choose good or over evil. If you see any real proof of God that would destroy free will. Remember their are alot of fakers that are preachers. They're called antichrist and there all over.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17Some people swear on their lives that reincarnation exists which goes against God and Jesus Christ

No one ever thinks about what happens with reincarnation think about it. How does reincarnation really happen.

Step 1- person dies, souls leaves body to go to next life (a human being or a animal)

step 2- soul enters new life (animal or human)

Let me get this straight. So the soul goes into a women pregnant with a kid. So the soul kicks the one living in the body out???? Of course this is wrong!!!!! So now you say this is not right. So then it has to happen while the girl is having sex and right when he comes into you???? sound right?????
Reincarnation is wrong and not the truth of life.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17Some people swear on their lives that they have been contacted by Aliens and they created us.

Even if this was true does it stop the possibility that God is really live??? so what he created more! More to the point I think these people have been played around with too much in their life. With all the technology I think we would know for share if Aliens where around.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17Some people swear on their lives that Satan and demons are real because they have worshiped and seen them.

Satan and demons are real. And the biggest thing Satan does is make people think he doesn't exist.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17Some people swear on their lives that they remember a past life and have verified it.

Their is no way to proof past lives. IT would be known as a scientific proof. Which it is not.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17Some people swear they have had near death experiences and have seen God and Heaven.

Actually most NDE (near death experiences) they always experences some type of Heaven, hell, God , or angels. Most of them anyway. Not all of them. Most of them.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17The list goes on and on but everybody contradicts each other with their answers.

Thats what happens when you give freedom to choose what you want, when you want. People come up with they're own minds. Not everyone thinks like you do!!!

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17I ask you this what do you believe in and why?
Do you believe in God?
What do you believe in?
Why are we really here?
Where did we come from?

I believe in truth. God and Christ. I believe in the bible as the word of God. I believe Jesus as the son of God. I don't believe Jesus is God. I believe Jesus is the perfect manifestation of God. Jesus is THE SON OF GOD. Jesus has all power in heaven. I believe in life after death. I believe in hell. I don't believe in reincarnation. But I do believe God can give a second chance at truth. I believe in evolution to a point. I believe God put evolution in motion. And I don't believe we came for monkeys. Aliens did not create us. But I do believe that they are out they're. I think because we haven't been attack by Aliens that the Universe was all created at the same time. Which means all life in the space has almost the same technology. Not to mention the bible does say that I have created other flocks of the sheep. God and Satan are alive. Demons do exist. And there is a battle on earth Good against evil. I believe that God created the big bang. I think the big bang is like the rapture to me - a possibility. Again their is life after death for all live then judgment day. The purpose of life is to experience life under God's will. God wants you to know what evil is and choose him. And help him save souls and battle Satan.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17I am beyond lost and tired of searching for these answers and do not know what to think or believe anymore. It’s hard to go on in life not knowing, I'm more concerned about what comes after this life then the life I am living now.

We have all been their. And the truth is Christianity. God and Christ are alive. And they're out their. If you want to know the truth pray and ask God every day for the proof truth of Christianity and God and Christ. Don't forget the bible too. God will reveal himself to you in his own terms and ways, all you got to do is ask and keep a open mind.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17How come so many people out there lie so badly?

Because their is evil out their. Even good people lie. People make mistakes. But that doesn't mean it cant be forgiven, or punish. Satan hides things and is the father of lies. God will bring all things into the light. There wont be a thing hidden.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17They can’t all be right or have seen what they claim to have seen, or could they?

Most people follow a wrong religion because they grow up in it. And they're told it is the right religion. People forgot now in days its about what God wants. Its more important what God wants then what your beliefs want. Its more important what God wants then your own religion. Go back to the bible the word of God and find out what God wants. And ask God pray and ask him for the truth.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17There are thousands of people claiming to have seen different things, hundreds of religions claiming they are the only true church. Every religion contradicts the other one and every belief system of incarnation or extraterrestrials contradicts the other. I am so lost, confused, tired and frustrated for searching for the truth.

The three biggest religions out there come from the first five books of the bible. Jew and Islam take from this books. Christianity happen to believe in what they say and predicted. There is only one way to God throw his Son Jesus Christ.

Originally posted by SeekerTruth17There can only be one truth out there, so what is that truth I wonder?

Again the truth can be known to you by praying and asking. And please try to read the bible a little. You cant to know the truth with a some personal relationship with God. You have to talk to God and let God talk to you through the bible. God bless and Go with his spirit.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

.....and what I hate the most is they all swear that they are right and have the correct answer.

Yup..Everyone is a damn expert

I'm currently sitting on the fence, between believing and disbelieving. I don't Believe in God, but I don't NOT believe in God. I can't prove either way so its difficult for me to say "I believe this....or I believe that....." Instead, I believe in the possibility of any of these thigns being true.

It's possible there's a God.
It's possible there isn't.

I can not, in good conscience, stake everything on one belief. I simply can't do it, I don't believe that I have enough information to make a well thought out decision on what I do and what I do not believe in, in terms of our existence.

On the subject of Past Lives, and Reincarnation...

I'm extremely undecided in this department....as sometimes I get the strangest dejavu....about the weirdest things..

But the truth is? I just don't know....And I can't say that I definitively believe in any one thing...

- Carrot

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
All I know is I'll keep my faith I found out a dear friend of mine killed herselfthis morning,thats 4 close friends who have died as well as my parents,and my faith keeps me thinking that one day we can meet again my 2 cents,only thing in life you can bank on is death and taxes,so have fun and don't dwell on things,just agonizes things

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Do you believe in God?

What do you believe in?
Why are we really here?
Where did we come from?

What I believe is that everyone already knows the answers to these questions inside, but don't want to, or refuse to admit it to themselves.

Why does there need to be an all encompassing purpose to our being? I think the question is simply a side effect of being self aware. We're able to ponder our own existence and some people can't accept the outcome so they create an illusion of grandeur in which they elevate their own importance and role in the universe.

Purpose in life is what you make it. To some, passing on their genes is fulfilling enough but if you're like most in the developed world, you probably have more extensive goals in mind.
I have a list as long as my arm and when everything has been crossed off, including future editions, purpose complete and I'm ready to go
I probably won't get through them all, intentionally. I'd rather leave a few undone than finish early and sit around twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the end.

I have no reason to suppose there's anything more after death. Once my brain activity ceases, so do I.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Some people swear on their lives that they have seen God and Jesus Christ.

Some people swear on their lives that reincarnation exists which goes against God and Jesus Christ.

Some people swear on their lives that they have been contacted by Aliens and they created us.

Some people swear on their lives that Satan and demons are real because they have worshiped and seen them.

Some people swear on their lives that they remember a past life and have verified it.

Some people swear they have had near death experiences and have seen God and Heaven.

The list goes on and on but everybody contradicts each other with their answers.

Do you believe in God?
No because it makes no sense and there is no compelling evidence

Again No because there is no compelling evidence for it

Yes to an extent - it answers some questions but not all

See question 1

Its possible but not probable although I give it higher odds than a god

See question 1

see question 1

Yes and no - the big bang, yes to an extent but life being a flaw no.

Cease to exist? Yes

What do you believe in?
Many things - what specifically are you asking?

to pass on its genetic info

Why are we really here?
because our parents made us

Where did we come from?
see above

back to where we were before we were born.

I am beyond lost and tired of searching for these answers and do not know what to think or believe anymore. It’s hard to go on in life not knowing, I'm more concerned about what comes after this life then the life I am living now.

How come so many people out there lie so badly?

They can’t all be right or have seen what they claim to have seen, or could they?

There are thousands of people claiming to have seen different things, hundreds of religions claiming they are the only true church. Every religion contradicts the other one and every belief system of incarnation or extraterrestrials contradicts the other. I am so lost, confused, tired and frustrated for searching for the truth.

There can only be one truth out there, so what is that truth I wonder?

Truth is no one knows and will ever know - the subjective experiences of people are just that - SUBJECTIVE and therefore cannot be used as definitive proof of truth whatever the belief.

G

top topics

join