It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Coral Castle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
i was wondering if anyone realized that in his magnetic writtings he said he worked on it for 2 years, the date on his writing was 1947 i believe almost the time he died and definatly after he moved. if he had moved them with magnetism it would have anything to do with anything he wrote about in his pamphlet.

again im going from speculation that everyone said he was very honest and laid everything out in the open from the begining on his findings.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
im just throwing a few things out there to see what everyone things because this has been bothering me and i cant seem to find anything that links them. if you know a link or book or anything please let me know.

first why did he claim to only be working on the magnetism for two years before printing his writings if he had been doing it all along. to me it seems that nothing he wrote about has anything to do with his moving of mammoth stones.

second has anyone else noticed the relationship to this wonder with another great mystery of nearly the same time, the bermuda triangle.

this is my first post here and its late so sorry if this doesnt make much sense

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Trueforger, thank you for your insight! I don't doubt he used traditional lifting techniques/equipment for most of the construction, but it's hard for me to imagine lifting that 30 ton solid piece of stone, as well as the other larger pieces. Ed was a little guy and having even 6:1 mechanical advantage still wouldn't be nearly enough. I'd think the friction would be too much in the pulley(s) and 3-5 ton rated chains and cable, unless his flywheel was actually an electric motor that did the work for him, (capstan). But I'm no authority on engineering, by far.

How do you suppose he lifted the weight of almost half an M1A1 Abrams tank and moved it? Maybe it's common knowledge, but I think that's pretty slick considering the tools he used and that it was just him, working in the dark. I'll admit, the more I look into this subject the more disenchanted I'm becoming with the 'mystery' part of it. Who knows, maybe he discovered something in the middle of the castle's construction that made things 'a lot easier' if you know what I mean... Something to do with his experimenting.

Littleme, what makes you think he was working with magnetism all along? Also, I think he alluded to the moving of megalithic stones when he said that he'd discovered the secrets of how the Egyptians moved large pieces of stone, or something to that effect. He then proceeds to write about his experiments with magnetism/electricity. BTW, what connection with the 'Bermuda Triangle' did you find?

According to Dave Nelson's research on the history and mystery concerning Rockgate/Ed I may have gotten my facts wrong. If I did I apologize. I don't necessarily agree with his take on some things, but it's an interesting read. He does go on a conceptual tangent, so be warned.

www.leedskalnin.com...

enjoy.

Edited because I just realized what you meant. How did that one fly under my radar? What the hell kinda expriment did Ed pull off on that night!... Maybe that's the night he hoisted the 30 tonner and put it into place, LOL!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Flux8]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by SLAYER69

According to the wiki article I cited he had about $3500 under a mattress when he died... He charged people 10 cents a piece to tour the place so he wasn't raking in the dough if that was his goal... which he repeatedly referred to a sweet sixteen, apparently a reference to a girl that had jilted him, that he was supposedly trying to impress.

How tragic he has USD 3500 while he died because of MALNUTRITION. That amount of money is more than enough to buy him sufficient meals.
Or perhaps the malnutrition is caused by a certain ritual (i.e fasting?) or condition?
Such a mystery..

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Flux, i dont beleive he was working with magnetism all along, or at least a traditional form of it. in my opinoin he was usuing very traditonal methods when he first started to build Rock Gate. mostly due to the timeline that i have figured out, with traditional methods he had basicaly 2 to 3 days to move every ton of rock used. it to him some 30 years to do all this. but it only took him 3 years to disassemble and move Rock Gate to where Coral Castle now stands. this leads me to believe that he did infact learn something new in his quest. his theorys on magnetism according to him were basically after he had finished the majority of Coral Castle. many people speculate that he used some sort of magnetism to lift the mammoth rocks to place. my thoughts are that he could indeed levitate these rocks but only to the point of reducing some of the weight allowing him to use his block and tackle to lift these into place. i can explain more if someone wants to hear my partial theory on how he did this.

as for the bermudia triangle. one tip of it is located in miami florida very close to where Ed was building, and the reports of planes and boats started comming up missing aroun the end of the 1940s which would have been when Ed started his experiments and finsished building his castle. im still looking into this more but i was curiose to see if anyone else had noticed this smiliaritys.

another question if someone could point me in the right direction. does anyone know anything factual about his life before moving to America??

[edit on 6-2-2009 by littleme]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ishtar2008

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by SLAYER69

According to the wiki article I cited he had about $3500 under a mattress when he died... He charged people 10 cents a piece to tour the place so he wasn't raking in the dough if that was his goal... which he repeatedly referred to a sweet sixteen, apparently a reference to a girl that had jilted him, that he was supposedly trying to impress.

How tragic he has USD 3500 while he died because of MALNUTRITION. That amount of money is more than enough to buy him sufficient meals.
Or perhaps the malnutrition is caused by a certain ritual (i.e fasting?) or condition?
Such a mystery..

it is very sad if that is true but also think of the time in which it happened. ive heard mixed stories of how he died. some say it was malnurishment others say it was the TB, some claim it was stomach cancer. i think the truth is that medical perfessions in that time just didnt know what it was.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think you're absolutely right, Littleme. I'm coming to the same conclusion. I think he did find something that helped him but AFTER he was well into the construction. I'd love to hear your idea/theory.

About his death, here's my take. Ed had TB, no doubt about it. I think it went into remission for quite awhile, (wasn't active)... he didn't 'cure' it. When some people get old they fail to thrive. This includes not eating as much. He had no help/caretaker checking up on him, so his health diminished. His TB probably became active again. Malnutrition + active TB + frailty = poor prognosis. I'm amazed he was able to ride his bike to the hospital/clinic in the first place.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
this is the timeline that i have for the building of Coral Castle:
1918 Ed moves to florida; 1923 he begins building Rock Gate Park(what did he do for 5 years, nothin tells of this); 1936 he moves his castle 10 miles to its current location. it takes him 3 years to accomplish this. (pretty long if he could simlpy place stones where ever he wanted with no effort); 1939 he would have finshed his move.

so for 13 years he constucts a majority of the castle, most of this time im guessing was spent carving. i find this ironic that he carves at one spot and then moves it to another location to build his actual castle. my theory is he simply ran out of available coral to complete his shrine. sure there was more there but could he get to it. by looking at the quary on the homestead site in pictures it seems that not much was cut out.

i was also having troubles finding how much he actually moved?? nothing tells what was moved to the new location and what was built in homestead. also when did he actually finish his castle, or was he not done and this the reason no one can decipher his code simply because it was not finished. i remeber reading somewhere that Ed used to go to the libary and read books on the pyramids. i belive he found his answers simply in pictures, a man with only a 4th grade education"if that was even the case" could not have comprehended the way a book of something that sophisticated was written. i think he saw something in the pictures, something that is there in the castle that everyone is overlooking. carving the stones or diggin them out is not the challenge he was a stone mason( again this is to the best knowledge). there is something that tells us exactly how and its so simple everyone, myself included, keeps overlooking . and i think it has to do with the pictures he took of himself.

my theorys with the bermudia triangle i will go into at a later time, i dont have enough information yet to compair or make a strong argument at this time.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
after crunching some numbers, this puts things a little more in perspective. first with the move; i have it figured that he worked 6 hours a day on contruction, i read this somewhere and it seems like a low number so im going with it. if he works 7 days a week and 52 weeks a year thats 6552 hours to move the castle from Florida City to Homestead. that breaks down to roughly 6 hours per ton to load and unload. so if you take the 30 ton rock thats 180 hours just for that one piece. im not saying it took him that long for just that one but thats how much time he had availiable if everything was equal. again this is the 3 year move only. now with the build prior to Homestead. for the 13 years he worked for 6 hours a day 7 days a week 52 weeks a year. that equals to 28392 hours of work time. this breaks down into 26 hours to cut, sculpt, and position each ton. so again thats 780 hours just for the 30 ton rock. or around 32 days.

now if you use W.T. Wallington's Forgotten Technology timeline he is capable of moving 10000lbs 70ft/min. again i use the 30 ton rock because it is the biggest, that means that in one min it would be possiable to move it 11 feet. now if you look at how long Ed would have had to load and unload in 180 hours you could move this rock pretty far about 660 ft/hr. now of course this would be running at max efficency which im sure Ed was not. but also if you look at Coral Coral castle is is not very big. he would not have had to move the hugh stones miles, simply a few hundred feet.

all these figures are estimates as no one knows the exact time everyday that Ed worked and its all hearsay when he actually started this castle. and i didnt even account for the time spent building in Homestead since i dont know what was built there or what he allready had done. if someone sees something wrong with this please let me know so i can adjust my numbers

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

now if you look at how long Ed would have had to load and unload in 180 hours you could move this rock pretty far about 660 ft/hr. now of course this would be running at max efficency which im sure Ed was not.
reply to post by littleme

You're right, Ed was not capable of running at top efficience or anywhere close to it as he had tuberculosis (a very debilitating disease back in those days).

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
All this is pretty well covered in the vids at the beginning of the post.
Regardless of how heavy an object is ; you can move/manipulate it using its own weight, additional weights and gravity (if you have enough time and inclination).

These techniques are still employed by various historical stone workers around the world and it's not some forgotten science; its just that its quicker to rent out a crane nowadays.

No one can seriously believe that there is some secret way of manipulating gravity....Human nature of the last 1000 years proves if there was/is; you'd be buying them from your local B&Q or Home Depot.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The techniques shown in the vid's work for rectangular blocks of concrete on a level surface as shown.Same with the cradles,level sub surface.This won't work with the moon shaped units nor lifting to top the walls with,say the right angle piece.That is not how the pyramid blocks were quarried,moved and placed.Especially the three inner,MAMMOTH granite members,which would have crushed any known wooden rollers.You'd need steel bearings on a perfectly flat datum just to get to the site,no way to lift and place,end stop.More likely to have been cast in place as a form of 'crete as has been hypothesized.But that still leaves the three unaccounted for.And they are HUGE,much larger than the blocks we see.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
so much negativity around here...lol

yes TB was a very bad thing during those times but its also a condition that can be dormant for years upon years.

yes cranes are faster but they also have thier own limits.

ok so i have another theory and lets see everyone pick it apart. ok Ed had multiple radios and parts in his workshop, there was the mysterious box on top of the tripods with wires running down to coral blocks. now, what if Ed had found a way to transmitt a frequency from one radio to another (which isnt all that crazy i know). its been said that you can levitate something with the correct frequnecy, what if he constructed some sort of device to attach to the end of the wires on the block similar to a speaker to vibrate the blocks. he could produce the frequncy in his workshop with his "generator" then transmit to anywhere across the castle with out being constricted by a "teather". this would explain why he sung when he would push the rocks. by touching them if his hands didnt match the frequincy then the stones would have droped.

go ahead tell me how wrong i am lets hear it...lol

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by littleme
ok so i have another theory and lets see everyone pick it apart. ok Ed had multiple radios and parts in his workshop, there was the mysterious box on top of the tripods

The "mysterious box" was most likely a motorised pulley.

its been said that you can levitate something with the correct frequnecy,

All sorts of stuff has been said - doesn't mean it's true, and there is no evidence this is possible, and quite a bit to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
No one can seriously believe that there is some secret way of manipulating gravity....Human nature of the last 1000 years proves if there was/is; you'd be buying them from your local B&Q or Home Depot.

I've been to Coral Castle, even went on the tour.

It is the real deal.

Ed Leedskalnin said that he discovered how the pyramids were built, that it involved manipulating magnetism (hinting at the possibility of antigravity), and that he did not want the world to know the secret because he did not want that knowledge to be used for evil purposes.

Moreover, there is an anecdotal story about two children who spied on Ed while he was constructing Coral Castle. He would have the immense boulders of coral delivered to him by truck during the day. Then at night, under the cover of almost complete darkness, he would use a small box, supposedly with some kind of electronic equipment inside, that would help him move the huge slabs of coral into place.

By the way, the coral was not just moved into a rough position, but precisely aligned in such a way that indicates advanced technology.

Anyone who thinks they can duplicate Coral Castle by themselves, even with a small crew of half a dozen workers, through the use of pulleys and equipment purchased at stores like Home Depot, is sorely mistaken.

Which is precisely why no one has ever done it in the many decades since the construction of Coral Castle in South Florida.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by littleme
its been said that you can levitate something with the correct frequnecy,

All sorts of stuff has been said - doesn't mean it's true, and there is no evidence this is possible, and quite a bit to the contrary.

Indeed, FatherLukeDuke, some people do say and write things that are not true... for instance, you.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Deny ignorance... and spurious claims with no evidence.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Flux8]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
He used a Perpetual Motion Loop, something he created that helps lift huge weights

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yetifood12, 'Perpetual Motion Loop' sounds a bit redundant to me. Care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
the perpetual motion holder has been duplicated, it has been proven to hold magneticity. here is the link www.keelynet.com...

the thing is no one can tall me why my ideas wont work, only that they dont. yes i cant duplicate anything yet, but its hard to do with out knowing exactly what Ed had and didnt. it was only recently that i started to collect data about Coral Castle and so far to me my ideas seem more plausable then most of the others.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by littleme

Well, I never said/wrote that your ideas won't work. I think you, as well as many others, have brought good ideas/knowledge to the table.

I keep thinking about flight 19 that went missing on Dec 5th, 1945 (which has been attributed to the Bermuda triangle myth). Ed would have been 59ish during the disappearance, and probably still experimenting. In fact, according to Wiki references Ed published his pamplet 'Magnetic current' in 1945. Coincidence?

Flight 19 per wikipedia-
en.wikipedia.org...

"...FT-74 tried again and a man identified as FT-28 (Taylor) came on. "FT-28, this is FT-74, what is your trouble?" "Both of my compasses are out", Taylor replied, "and I am trying to find Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I am over land but it's broken. I am sure I'm in the Keys but I don't know how far down and I don't know how to get to Fort Lauderdale..."

Compasses out (plural)? Taylor was one of the students, but the flight instructor's compasses were acting strangely as well. Another coincidence? Littleme, I think you may have added/discovered something new to the myth of Ed L!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join