It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White powder sent to Mormon temples in Utah, LA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

White powder sent to Mormon temples in Utah, LA

news.yahoo.com

LOS ANGELES – Letters containing a suspicious white powder were sent Thursday to Mormon temples in Los Angeles and Salt Lake City that were the sites of protests against the church's support of California's gay marriage ban.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Terrorism is defined as acts intended to create fear, perpetrated for an ideological goal.

This was an act of terrorism.

Terror tactics cannot be tolerated in any form for any purpose. The perpetrators of these acts must be found and an example made out of them.

This is complete insanity over a democratic vote. A vote is a vote. We are a society that upholds democratic ideals. Terrorizing those who do not agree with you is not democratic.
You cant bully your ideologies onto a free society.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So, the radical gay activists are targeting the Mormon Church because they funded ads the opposed their viewpoint. The Mormons were simply leading a "get out the vote campaign" that is no different from the fortune that Obama and ACORN spent in their "get out the vote" campaign. I highly doubt that the Mormons paid people with cigarettes and Big Macs to vote on this issue.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Was it sparkly powder? You know, fancy and fierce powder?

Sorry, I couldn't help it. So there IS a gay mafia; and here I just thought they came in, updated your wardrobe, and redecorated your place.

I have to say, while I do not condone these type of activities (especially because even if they are fake they still require a tax-payer funded HazMat crew), I am not too sorry to see this happen to the church.

The Mormon Church up until a few decades ago was racist. And it spent millions of dollars to spread lies about Prop 8. They should lose their tax-exempt status if they are going to get into politics.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Worse. They used the money raised to make California parents afraid that their children would be taught mandatory information at school about gay marriage. Which is not true- how low can you get? I think there should be a ban on all political ads that contain blatant falsehoods, and those responsible should be sued- heavily.

Source:
crooksandliars.com...
They helped fund false ads that claim California parents do not have the right to remove their children from sex education classes -- a right they have and that courts have repeatedly confirmed.

Yesterday, California State Superintendent of Public Instruction Jack O'Connell expressed his strong opposition to Prop 8 in a hard-hitting TV ad, emphatically reminding voters that "our schools aren't required to teach anything about marriage." In fact, every education authority in the state has rejected the lies and distortions of the Prop 8 campaign, including the California Teachers Association and the California School Boards Association.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Until we find out exactly who it is, isn't it a tad bit of a stretch to blame the gay mafia? (lol gay mafia
)This could just easily have been a whacko that wanted to incite anger and fear against gays and had the perfect opportunity to do so.

Just sayin. Whoever did such actions hopefully will be brought to justice, I'm just not ready to seat the blame exactly yet.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
hmmm white powder?

I've a friend that would say:

"if you wanna hang out, you got to take her out....."

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

I'm glad that I don't live in Californication. All I know about the battle for this proposition is gleaned from what I read here on good ole ATS.

I will stick to my happy place along the shores of the Great Lakes.

Plenty of fresh water and clean air.

Yes, something should be done about the content of political ads. I think this election season has just about drained everyone of their tolerance. I don't think any politician has the stones needed to take that one on.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Whoever is responsible should be punished. Terror in any form should simply not be tolerated in our society.

As for inciting anger and fear, the gay radicals are doing just fine by themselves with their behavior over the past week in regards to churches and Christians.

Before anyone starts calling me silly names or making ignorant assumptions, I should note I am not Christian.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Understood and noted. I know what you mean.

I think both sides are pushing too far. But that's what happens in situations like this. What needs to be relied on are the people in the middle of this that actually don't mind working together. Let the extremists keep their war against each other while the rest of us are getting something done.

But punish the person(s) that did this, absolutely.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I am surprised that you are not Christian, given your Palin/Jindal 2012 signature. I would much prefer Cleese/Palin 2012, but sadly, two Brits can't run for President here.

Anyway, yes whoever did this should be prosecuted. Again, I am not too upset by it, but if they were willing to break the law in such a manner they should be willing pay the price for it.

top topics

join