It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FUNDING JIHAD! Shariah Compliance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

FUNDING JIHAD! Shariah Compliance.

www.stopshariahnow.citymax.com

Shariah-Compliant Finance 101:

Shariah compliance means that a particular investment or financial transaction has been conducted or structured in a way considered “legal” or “authorized” pursuant to Islamic law. According to most financial institutions, Shariah compliance is achieved by the following:

• Interest: Avoidance of interest, through convoluted nominate contracts invented by Shariah authorities
• Risk: Avoidance of risk (uncertainty or speculation) as defined by Shariah authorities
• Banned Industries: Avoidance of prohibited (haram) industries including the pork and alcoholbeverage industries, entertainment, gambling, and interest-based financing, based on lists revised monthly by Shariah authorities
• Obligatory Contribution: Of 2 1/2% or more in an obligatory charitable contribution called “Zakat”
• Obligatory Donation of “Tainted” Revenue: “Purification” of a Shariah-compliant investment or
financial transaction that has been tainted with forbidden revenue, whether from interest, illicit
speculation such as trading in commodity futures, or a forbidden commercial enterprise such as the pork industry. These “tainted” funds must be purified by donating the revenue to an acceptable charity, selected by Shariah authorities. The recipients of these funds are currently not disclosed and the process is non-transparent. Shariah law obligates charitable donations to eight categories including one specifically for Jihad.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just when I thought Ive seen it all. I am making my phone call but yet wonder if it will do any good. AT least I can say I tried. Why don't they try financing the ones who are in the US now who are in need of help for indebtness now due to loss of their career or job losses?

This is really beginning to make me paranoid.

www.stopshariahnow.citymax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Shariah law obligates charitable donations to eight categories including one specifically for Jihad.

I don't see any evidence for this at all. What's the charity called? What evidence does the author have that it funds Jihad?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu

Shariah law obligates charitable donations to eight categories including one specifically for Jihad.

I don't see any evidence for this at all. What's the charity called? What evidence does the author have that it funds Jihad?

Heres more Updated: Harvard University: Sedition by any other name

by SANE Staff, Sat, November 01, 2008, 22:27
M

www.shariahfinancewatch.org...

For those of you following the lurch by the U.S. Treasury to attract as much Wahhabi-Jihadist cash as possible from the terror-sponsoring Jihad states of the Gulf all in the name of arresting our current finanical-credit crisis, you know that there is a pre-condition: Shariah compliance.

Go to our Related Posts link below to get a quick read backgrounder on all of this.

Source

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/14/2008 by LadyPropag8r]

[edit on 11/14/2008 by LadyPropag8r]

[edit on 11/14/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The whole article is full of inaccuracies.. It's sort of twisted out to satisfy the author's "confirmation bias". In other words, most of the points are actually in sharia law but the words are puut in a way to confirm what the author wants to believe..

Basically, every muslim entity.. a person, a family, a company, or even a little mosque in the middle of the desert have to give away charity -when able to do so-.. this charity can be given to a homeless person on the street, to a university help fund, or to a shiekh who would be trusted to give the charity "to whom deserves it"..

This is what I call a "mine field statement"..
The recipients of these funds are currently not disclosed and the process is non-transparent. Whoaa! really? what a dark side! not disclosed?! and the process is non-transparent!! whoaa!!

A person or a corporate unit can give charity to anyone! When you give charity to a homeless person, or put a couple dollars at a children's care center's charity box, nobody is going to document that.. and yes, some people *choose* to give shiekhs who can carry the money to some Jihadists, whether jihadists in helping poor people, or fighter Jihadists..

This one is good too, the author must think people don't have brains to think and will accept anything he/she writes..

There's no one in the history of Islam until today who said that "donations are given t eight categories".. you can give charity to almost anyone or any living thing, including animals and trees!.. the "one specifically for Jihad" is a total lie, not a misunderstanding, "a lie".. Because the money that is documented to go to Jihad is from "The islamic monetary house" which is the equivalent to any country's "financial reserve"..

Just my two cents, I hope it makes sense.. cause I was writing under the influence..

peace

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thank you for the observation and imput, as I will perform more research into this and come up with my opion conclusion, rather than taking the 'word for it' attitude' due to belonging to one of the groups unspecified.

top topics

join