It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President-elect Obama's Employment Application Form Demands to Know if Applicants Are "Registered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Am I correct to assume that you guys think it's none of Obama's business whether or not the people he hires for the closest and highest positions in this country's government own a gun?

Damn straight it's not his business.

It's their constitutional right to bear arms in the privacy of their own homes. Therefore it's not Obama's business if they do or not.

Considering the Obamaites were sooooooooooooo upset that people would delve into Obama's 'personal business' and want to see a copy of his birth certificate, it would be rather comical if any of them now complain that Obama should know if people are exercising their second amendment rights in the privacy of their own homes.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Couldn't agree more my friend.

I really have nothing else to add. You summed it up perfectly.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Am I correct to assume that you guys think it's none of Obama's business whether or not the people he hires for the closest and highest positions in this country's government own a gun?

It's their constitutional right to bear arms in the privacy of their own homes. Therefore it's not Obama's business if they do or not.

Yes, BH, what does it matter? Do you think that people can walk in and out of the WH carrying a gun on their person?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I don't disagree with you, simply by the point that all weapons are dangerous by design. That is their intent. So I can see how this can be interpreted as an open door to widespread bans.

But I still maintain that the structure and design of this nation and the people who reside here don't allow such things to pass quite so easily.

If we believe in the constitution, we should also have faith in the system it supports, as hard as that my be in these difficult times.

That being said, my real belief is that it is to the benefit of our nation that we all do more to look at a broader spectrum rather than one or a few issues, no matter how important we view them being.

I know I'm off topic, so I'll stop now. My apologies.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Yes, BH, what does it matter?

You're asking the wrong person.

People DO have the right to bear arms and Obama has the right to hire people based on criteria he chooses. Maybe he WANTS people who have experience with guns. You'll have to ask him why it matters to him. I have no idea.

I'm certainly NOT going to fly off the handle and ASSUME it's because he wants to take their guns away! This is a chicken little moment.

No one is forcing anyone to become part of his cabinet and fill out this form. If people want to work for him and are WILLING to answer it, what's it to you?

Just more hysteria...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Considering he is the hirer, unless he is breaking some sort of law, then he can ask whatever question he wants. Do you know of any infraction that is breaking in Washington D.C.?

Also, do you have any evidence that he won't hire someone simply because they check yes?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You know what I'd like to see...two things.

1. I would love to see obama fill out his own questionaire.

2. I would like to see if after he filled it out...would he hire someone like himself?

I know...I know, none of this applies to him, I would just like to see if he could pass his own test.

Marilyn~

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Marilyn

Are you serious? He filled out that questionnaire when he had his dirty laundry strewn all over the front lawn during this election process.

They were joking on conservative talk radio about how the questions seemed to be formed around things people critiqued him about during the election process.

I bet you can answer most of those questions without research for him.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think the most important question that has yet to be asked is...

What the hell were you doing on Buckeyefirearms.org to begin with?

How does one end up on that website?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Considering the Obamaites were sooooooooooooo upset that people would delve into Obama's 'personal business' and want to see a copy of his birth certificate, it would be rather comical if any of them now complain that Obama should know if people are exercising their second amendment rights in the privacy of their own homes.

This is the truth of the matter my friend. It is okay for us to be put under a microscope, but all hell breaks loose if you just want to verify that the guy the MSM voted into office is a legitimate candidate. It amazes me that people do not see this or choose to not see it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

You'd be amazed where one might end up looking for the latest Obama "dirt"...

Security Clearance FAQ

In the U.S., when a job description states that a security clearance is required, it typically means that you must submit to and "pass" a personnel security investigation (PSI). A PSI is essentially a background check, but it's likely to probe deeper than a typical, employment-related check. It consists of one or more of the following, depending on the type of security clearance.

* Verification of U.S. citizenship
* Search for investigative files and other records at Federal agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
* Search for criminal records at local law enforcement agencies
* Fingerprinting
* Polygraph exam (lie detector test)
* Credit and other financial checks
* Check of records at courts, rental agencies and your employers
* Interviewing your references
* Interviewing you

So, does anyone think Obama has a security clearance? (note the citizenship requirement) Or might require one for his cabinet and top level employees? Golly, I bet no other president has asked his employees these questions...

The questionnaire asks:
Do you own a gun?
If so, list registration information.
Has the registration lapsed?
How is the gun used?
Has it ever been used in a crime?

If this kind of thing wasn't checked out, 2 years from now, there would be a huge scandal (by the same people who are freaking out about this application) about an Obama employee who has an unregistered gun. And how incompetent Obama is for not knowing about it!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

This is the truth of the matter my friend. It is okay for us to be put under a microscope, but all hell breaks loose if you just want to verify that the guy the MSM voted into office is a legitimate candidate. It amazes me that people do not see this or choose to not see it.

I think they choose not to see it. I think people are so desperate to believe in something, anything, to have some kind of hope to hang onto, that they are blinded. My hope is that people will "wake up" and see what is plain as the nose on their faces...I hope they see it before America is so far gone there will be no way to recover.

I don't own a fire arm anymore, but my older daughters do. One of my daughters is a trained marks man for the military. IMO she has every right to own and carry a gun. I guess if obama is allowed to take away our fire arms, that would put the American people more in line with having to depend on the government to "take care" of us. Isn't that what obama wants...to run everything in our lives for us? I think a lot of the stuff he is wanting to do boils down to getting us all into a position of having to depend more and more on the government.

Marilyn~

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If this kind of thing wasn't checked out, 2 years from now, there would be a huge scandal (by the same people who are freaking out about this application) about an Obama employee who has an unregistered gun. And how incompetent Obama is for not knowing about it!

There's no requirement to register most guns. If I answered "no" because my guns simply aren't registered what would Obama do? I'm not breaking any law.

Still, this doesn't do anything to combat the simple truth that anyone can answer anything anyway on that questionnaire. Just like my previous example:

"Have you ever been found mentally deficient?" Uhhh... hell no?
"Are you currently a fugitive of justice?" Nope. No way. Not me.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Marilyn

You're on the right track but it's not just Obama. The ultimate goal of out government for decades has been to breed dependence.

The more we 'need' them the less they 'need' us.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Marilyn

You're on the right track but it's not just Obama. The ultimate goal of out government for decades has been to breed dependence.

The more we 'need' them the less they 'need' us.

I know it's not just obama, but right now he is the one I am concerned about and what he will do to our country.

Marilyn~

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Or, could this application be intentionally invasive for a reason? My first thought was back to University of Texas at Austin. The professors are known for their exceptional ruthless behavior on freshmen in order to weed out those who aren't serious about pursuing college and are just doing it because the parents convinced them that "they had to". I'm wondering if the questions are invasive on purpose, to fend off those who have a problem sharing out personal information or comromising personal privacy?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

No, I think it's designed more to weed out those who will not toe the party line and drink the Obama Kool-Aid.

I also find it weird that Obama wants to know who people "cohabitated with" in a romantic sense.

Kind of prurient, no?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The application is full of some bizarre and rather detailed questions. Especially #6 misc. regarding the color and texture of your latest BM. It should be a close match to Obama's to even be considered.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Funny, you critique him so harshly (though he hasn't even selected most of his cabinet yet), while supporting a guy who fired those who didn't "toe the party line".

How can you criticize one and support the other?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No doubt. Imagine if he reinforced the assault rifle ban and someone found out one of his cabinet members had an unregistered assault rifle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join