It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If anyone is familiar or even playing this game made by Blizzard(I do)

I found the game's lore to parallel some of the known conspiracy theories.

Here's one:
www.wowwiki.com...
www.wowwiki.com...

the Nathrezim. This dark race of vampiric demons (also known as dreadlords) conquered a number of populated worlds by possessing their inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming dreadlords turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them into unthinking hatred and mistrust.

Dreadlords invariably stay behind the scenes and effect change through proxies. Adventurers might go their whole lives and never realize a dreadlord has acted against them in countless, seemingly unrelated ways.

Dreadlords prefer to turn their talents to psychic assault and manipulation, seeking to dissolve the bonds that unify individuals, groups, and nations and leave their mortal victims floundering amidst chaos and decay. A nathrezim-occupied world eventually abandons higher morality as irrelevant to the context in which its inhabitants find themselves, joining the dreadlords in their callous worship of the maligned

They can amass a swarm of flying carrion insects, and have been known to put their enemies to sleep. They prefer to work from the shadows, corrupting slowly, as opposed to assaulting their enemies directly. This makes the Dreadlords the perfect henchmen for the most cunning of demons,

The Nathrezim have a war-centered culture with an emphasis on codes of conduct. It is forbidden for one of the Nathrezim to kill another

Don't 'Nathrezim' sound like 'Nephilim'? Inside the game, there are lots of obvious artifacts of reptilian influence, occult/UFO/Alien symbols and such.

Does Blizzard know something? Does this lore shows a shade of truth? Besides, you can't imagine how much money this game is raking. Millions of players and each of these players have to pay 15 bucks a month!

[edit on 14-11-2008 by ahnggk]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It's just a game. Does Blizzard know something? Yes they do. They know how to make a game that inspires people to separate themselves from their money.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Ahhhhhh excellent. I was a huge fan of videogames until the past couple of years... so I've definitely been urged to play WoW by some of my more game-savvy friends.....

Anyway, interesting you bring this up. Check out this thread I authored:

Dreadlords?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
They got loads of different stuff from "our" world, things taken from video games and npc's with similar names to famous people. The only truth they know is like Resinveins said, is how to seperate people with theire money and time.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

If you have never played WoW before then you probably shouldn't play it.

Because it's really fun.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by dunwichwitch

If you have never played WoW before then you probably shouldn't play it.

Because it's really fun.

Yeah.... and we don't need fun, now do we?

No seriously I probably won't get into it... because I was like that with other games before.... and the fact that this is like a huge huge worldwide basically virtual universe built by the players so its only limit is the imagination of the cllective membership.... dude I'd never leave my room again.

Luckily, I'm obsessed with music and I basically never leave the basement because I'm jamming for hours every day. I play world of songcraft. Ever heard of it? You probably shouldn't start.... because it is also really fun.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I've played it a bit

www.wowarmory.com...

Vivendi games from what I've seen is just like any other business, give people what they want, at minimal cost, and lavish storys like WoW's makes them sell quite a bit more. To me, 30% of WoW was just about the storyline alone, the other 50% and 20% respectivly was ripping people off on the auction house and trying to kill that godforsaken bloodboil guy.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If only the people who spend 800+ hours practicing the blacksmith skill in WoW actually spent those 800+ hours practicing blacksmithy IRL...

WoW is the typical science fiction device that you put on your head and end up ignoring life until you're completely atrophied.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
If anyone is familiar or even playing this game made by Blizzard(I do)

I found the game's lore to parallel some of the known conspiracy theories.

Yet, just like the known conspiracies, 85% of the people that play WoW (myself included) pay no attention to the lore. Just an eerie mirror to everyday life

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
heres something i found on warcraft..i tend to find that our esoteric beliefs are from a time trveler veiling technological syncs with the past to alter the future for a desired effect? maybe its just a theory. All our media are repetition programming i think, intentional yes, but with what intent - right>?

logo-opolis.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Warcraft has a story line or "lore" that they use in the game. Of course, if they want to do something in the game that doesn't fit the lore they do it anyway and make up some reason why it fits. You'd be surprised how bent out of shape people can get when they do this.

Anyway - as a game WoW has came up with their own ideas as well as "borrowed" ideas from many other games, stories, events, etc. and blended them all together.

They've been very sucessful at finding ways to incoperate things that will appeal to the masses.

I played for awhile, but gave it up as the "end game" after you reached max level was just "grinding" of one type or another. (Repetition of various things over and over to advance your character).

"Getting Gear" (in game items that enhance your character) is the foundation upon which WoW is built. It is probably the most succesful implementation of "carrot on a stick" I've ever seen. You get one bit of gear, and they put out a new set that is even more powerful, you get that, repeat... People eat it up though.. Blizzard is excellent at dangling a carrot that is hard to get, but reachable eventually. Once that carrot is reached another, bigger, better, carrot is dangled...

top topics

join