It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas: We Met Obama Advisers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Hamas: We Met Obama Advisers

www.wnd.com

JERUSALEM – Hamas held a meeting in the Gaza Strip several months ago with aides to President-elect Barack Obama, but the terror group was asked to keep the contacts secret until after last week's elections, according to a senior Hamas official.

Ahmed Yousef, Hamas' chief political adviser in Gaza, told the leading Al-Hayat Arabic-language newspaper Hamas has maintained regular communication with Obama aides that even continued during the past week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If this is true, then such an act of subversion is just as bad as the previously reported under-handed dealings by Obama's campaign, which served to undermine the current administration in Iraq as well. This is in effect an act of Treason, as Senatorial Officials are NOT allowed to broker International deals without express permission from the State Department. Even if/when such permission is granted, a United States Diplomat (ie, a Representative of the State Department), must be present during all speaking engagements.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Let me get this straight: Your source is WorldNetDaily, a website that is currently exploding into one giant, rapturous orgasm of Obama conspiracy, and its source is a "senior Hamas official"?

I'm going to have to withhold my righteous fury over these secret meetings until we have a bit more substantiation. But on behalf of ATS, thank you for creating a thread for a story with such fantastic evidence behind it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I find it pretty hard to believe this story, especially since it's coming from the WND.

Here's some past headlines about Obama and Hamas.

Obama criticizes Carter's Hamas meeting

Obama and Hamas: A Manufactured Controversy

I would not meet with Hamas: Obama

Obama advisers deny secret talks with Hamas

Obama says U.S. should not meet with Hamas

Barack Obama sacks adviser over talks with Hamas

Cavuto falsely suggested Obama has expressed willingness to meet with Hamas

Obama, Contrary to Carter, Draws the Line at Meeting with Hamas

So, it seems to me HIGHLY unlikely Obama would have met with Hamas, he's got more important things to take care of right now, like just getting ready to take over the presidency!

I REALLY don't think he has the time right now to talk "foreign policy" with Hamas right now!

[edit on 11/14/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes
Let me get this straight: Your source is WorldNetDaily, a website that is currently exploding into one giant, rapturous orgasm of Obama conspiracy, and its source is a "senior Hamas official"?

I'm going to have to withhold my righteous fury over these secret meetings until we have a bit more substantiation. But on behalf of ATS, thank you for creating a thread for a story with such fantastic evidence behind it.

ATS runs MSNBC and blatantly partisan ads, which is currently exploding in a rapturous orgasm for democrats/Obama. I cant beleive most of you would post here if they ran Fox ads.

Oh but, the bias here is ok, right?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius

ATS runs MSNBC and blatantly partisan ads, which is currently exploding in a rapturous orgasm for democrats/Obama. I cant beleive most of you would post here if they ran Fox ads.

Oh but, the bias here is ok, right?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

You know this already, but I'll go ahead and put it in a reply. WND is an exclusively far-right conspiracy website whose current headlines are related to Obama and playing upon far-right paranoid anxieties. This theme occupies page after page on the website. ATS is, as you must know, a community website where anyone from any political party can come to post his or her opinions. ATS is not in the business of catering to one isolated political party. If you believe it is, you ought to take a better look at the threads currently operating here.

To compare ATS to WND is absolute idiocy--a few MSNBC ads on ATS's website does not come remotely close to being comparable to World Net Daily. And anyway, WND presents itself as a reliable news source, akin to FOX, MSNBC, CNN, and the like (albeit without any article that doesn't pertain to the perceived American conservative plight). ATS presents itself as no such thing. We are a website that only promises to allow anyone to come with their own stories and questions regarding any topic, from aliens to ghosts to the president of our country and everything in between.

Though I don't believe it exists, the existence of any "bias" on ATS doesn't really matter. I am not going to be quoting ATS as a reliable source of news as you have done with World Net Daily.

new topics

top topics

join