It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I agree; boot Lieberman.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Rachel Maddow always seems to know the right way to put things in perspective.

The Dems. need 60 seats but do we really want Lieberman? I say at least boot him from his chairmanship.

Check out this vid. clip. -sorry for the commercial preceding the clip.

What do you all think?

[edit on 13-11-2008 by anyone]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I thought she was a news analyst. She's an unashamed shill for the Democrats.

No wonder MSNBC is going down the crapper.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

She's a fairly intelligent person.

I don't understand your claims.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
That's the change we need isn't it?

Run the people who don't agree with Obama out of the party.

It's all incredibly bi-partisan and intellectually honest of them.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Did you even watch the video?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Did you even watch the video?

Yes.

Did you have a question to follow that up or are you just naturally curious?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Run the people who don't agree with Obama out of the party.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Obama is the reason Lieberman is being allowed to remain. He has forgiven Lieberman for his actions during the campaign and has asked the Democratic Caucus to let him stay.

Obama, true to his message of unity and reconciliation, "has informed party officials that he wants Joe Lieberman to continue caucusing with the Democrats in the 111th Congress."

Source

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

No just like Sean Hannity, according to the great Bill O, she is a a partisan political analyst. Only the great Bill O is a news analyst duh.

And you may think MSNBC is going down the tubes, but they're doing fairly well ratings wise. Even Olberman is beating Bill O some nights.

As to the subject of Lieberman, he said he'd investigate Katrina and didn't. And his counterpart in the House has done more work than he has, like de-tainee stuff. But that's probably what your clip is about, won't come up at work. I say kick him to the republican caucus, let's see him get re-elected in Conneticut in 2012 with that R by his name. Unless he wants to be Palins VP.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Not really a question, but,I just am thinking that there might be more to this than just booting him out because they disagree with him.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He has forgiven Lieberman for his actions during the campaign and has asked the Democratic Caucus to let him stay.

Well isn't that sweet.

Obama has forgiven him! I didn't realize not supporting Obama needed forgiveness.

I hope he can forgive me too!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

She's a fairly intelligent person.

I don't understand your claims.

Her intelligence level is irrelevant.

She openly advocates removing Lieberman from his Chairmanship position.

Can you not see how politically biased she is?

She is a shill for the Democrats. Which makes her a crappy journalist.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

When has she claimed to be a Journalist?

Rachel Anne Maddow (born April 1, 1973) is an American radio personality, television host, and progressive political commentator. Her syndicated radio program, The Rachel Maddow Show, airs on Air America Radio. Maddow also hosts a nightly television show of the same name on MSNBC.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Good point! He has been forgiven. He can play in the caucuses!

Oh, joy!

Now what does Obama say about him retaining his chairmanship?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
When has she claimed to be a Journalist?

Not to bee too far off topic here, but when has that ever stopped anyone from attacking the words of people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh?

They are only commentators as well but the liberals get all offended every time they speak and condemn their "partisanship."

Double standard anyone?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Look, you made the claim that Obama would run the people who don't agree with him out of the party. I showed you how wrong you were. Someone's looking pretty foolish here...

jsobecky, Obama hasn't taken a position on it. If you would read my source, you would see that. And, as has been stated, it's not Obama's job to say.

If it rains it's gonna be Obama's fault with you guys.

Jesus, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't... :shk:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Well I've never attacked anyones partisanship myself, but I will attack there thoughts and opinions with facts. When have you heard a liberal commentator attack a honorable group like ACLU?

I know O'Reilly said, where is the ACLU for Joe The Plumber, except for the fact that the ACLU of Ohio had taken up the matter of people illegally looking into his government records.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
When have you heard a liberal commentator attack a honorable group like ACLU?

ACLU? An honorable group?

That's debatable, but it's also for another thread.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Look, you made the claim that Obama would run the people who don't agree with him out of the party.

Actually I didn't.

I only said.

Run the people who don't agree with Obama out of the party

I never said Obama would do it himself.

The letting the rest of the Democrats do it is hardly the unity he promised.

You're also wrong on something else.

If Obama does something right that I agree with. I'll absolutely give him credit for it.

He's yet to do that.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

jsobecky, Obama hasn't taken a position on it. If you would read my source, you would see that. And, as has been stated, it's not Obama's job to say.

Of course he hasn't. At least not publicly, where it matters. He doesn't have the cojones to do that - he is too politically expedient.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Obama is the reason Lieberman is being allowed to remain. He has forgiven Lieberman for his actions during the campaign and has asked the Democratic Caucus to let him stay.

Yup - I'd read that before.

There are those in the Dem party that want Lieberman out due to his support of McCain. However, Obama does not appear to be one of them. That would basically go against his whole "work together" thing.

Its the dem's in congress that are wanting him out due to his McCain support.

Huff. Post

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, angered by Lieberman's support of Republican John McCain for president, is considering yanking Lieberman's chairmanship of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee as punishment

It isn't Obama that want to punish him for not going with the congressional Dems. It is the Reid and the congressional dem's.

Look - I'll admit I'm not 100% sure of Obama. However, I'll give credit and blame where it is due.

In this case Obama has stayed true to his message. Reid is seeking to go against that message in a way that..well..in a way things usually work on both sides of the asile.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join