It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did god give us wisdom teeth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I feel very left out. I am already 61 and never grew even one wisdom tooth.

Wonder why I didn't get any? Maybe I've evolved.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Also forgot to mention, im 5 feet 2.
I would say the bigger your bones, the bigger the jaw..... I also will have to have another wisdom out once the 4th one pops through. Im petrified of going to the dentist but i guess once the last tooth is out, i wont have to put up with the inside of my gums being shredded and bitten from the re-allignment of my teeth!!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Why did God give us wisdom teeth? I use mine to chew food. I still have all 4 wisdom teeth. They all came in by the time I was 22. Never had any issues with them. I think it would be odd to have a large empty area of just gum in the back of your jaw.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

You make some assumptions there.

I brush my teeth well twice a day and use a strong antibacterial mouthwash, I don't eat vast amounts of sugary foods either. I don't have any pain, my gums do not bleed and I can chew perfectly fine.

If I did have pain, I would attend a dentist, but I'm not going to submit myself to a regime of regular check ups so that the dentist can then rope me in with "routine treatments" that'll keep me coming back. You don't go to the doctor every six months "just because", do you? You go to the doctor when you're ill.

I've known people who went in for a check up at the dentist, got given a whole round of expensive treatment, only to have to go back a while later to have the treatment corrected as it was done poorly and ended damaging the teeth more than if they were left alone.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I didnt have any spare gum space before I got wisdom teeth, i kept thinking - what space are they gonna grow into? But they have managed to grow, i think they have pushed the rest of my teeth closer together in order to accomodate them.
When they are growing, i find they are a real pain in the butt as my face feels like its been used as a punch bag and sometimes gives me pain in the ear !!
I would say they are nothing to do with wisdom but purely for eating

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
This part of the human body seems to be pretty badly designed!
Why would God design us to have teeth that cause so many problems and are so danged hard to get out?

It's very easy to explain. You see when God created Adam and Eve they had glorious and perfect full set of 32 fully emerged teeth - then Eve and Adam were naughty and ate the apple.

All the other teeth had a great time eating the fruit but four were horrified (because being closest to the ears they had clearly heard God say that the fruit of that tree was naughty) so they immediately retreated and hid so none of the fruit would touch them. These teeth were henceforth called "wisdom teeth" because they alone were wise.

Unfortunately they sometimes peep through to see what the other teeth are up to and witness the horror of what all that sweet fruit has done to their enamel and they themselves, captivated by the glamour of evil, become troublesome.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

I don't know about all that, but, Back in the Day, the increased oxygen would've made EVERYTHING bigger, jaws, etc., before the fall of man.
I heard that air super-saturated with oxygen makes you feel euphoric. ????
Is that true?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
God makes us the way we are created to be and to have what we are supposed to have. Simple as that.
My dad was born blind. He was born with cataracts. The cataracts were what made my dad unable to see. Many years later my dad began to let himself undergo all kinds of tests and procedures. He tested high powered contacts and various other inventions just to be able to see a little.
Then, many more years later, he let himself get tested again. By this time cataract removal became routine. He had his cataracts removed and he was able to see a little more.
But, what is sad is that after he had his cataracts removed the doctors found that because of the cataracts the connectors linking the eyes to the brain were damaged, so he would never be able to see perfectly.
And, since he is older, his eyes are losing the ability to see because he is getting older.

The whole situation with my dad's sight made me angry with Jesus, and I asked my dad why Jesus would cause him to be blind in the first place.
My dad told me that everyone is made imperfect in some way, and that it is up to us to learn to accept the way we are and learn how to deal with it.

Since then I have come to Jesus myself and asked Him why He creates people with disabilities. Jesus answered me and told me that every single person He creates has some form of disability, and that in this life we must trust Him with how to live with it. The next bodies that we will receive will not have any disabilities. Our new bodies will be perfect, and we will be given abilities that we cannot even begin to fathom.

Wisdom teeth are not a problem for most, and Jesus has taught doctors how to alleviate the problems some have with wisdom teeth. This goes true for almost any ailment we may have.

Wisdom teeth have NOTHING to do with so called evolution of the human species. Evolution is just another religion devised by evil mankind and is nothing but a lie to turn people from Jesus Christ! People seem to think that there is some kind of abstract power or ability moving evolution along, or that evolution has the ability to change the human species. Evolution has become a god to humanistic thinkers, and most evolutionists don't even know they are attributing the power of evolution to evolution! Evolution DID THIS, or evolution DID THAT, as if evolution has some innate ability to transform human beings. EVOLUTIONISTS, YOU HAVE MADE EVOLUTION INTO A god!!!

Evolution of the human species does not even exist, and much less has the ability to change humankind! It just goes to show that humans who reject God reject Him that CREATED ALL THINGS, and even reject the fact that HE created humans! It just goes to show you that those who reject God will believe in ANYTHING to try to explain how we are made! They will even go so far as trying to explain human existence as having been shaped by some unacknowledged power called evolution! If evolution did shape humanity, what force governed the decisions of evolution? Something had to direct evolution, or do you blindly believe that evolution has the ability to change a species?

No matter how evolutionists try to explain that EVOLUTION has shaped humanity, they will NEVER be able to explain HOW evolution has been able to shape humanity! WHY? Because IF they were able to explain HOW evolution could shape something they would have to admit that some FORCE is what MOTIVATED evolution to shape humanity. And, pray tell me, what is this FORCE? Is it something in nature? And, if it is SOMETHING in nature, what is that something?

Evolution is just another lie made by liars. We are CREATED by a GOD who governs how everything is made. God tells the earth to make things, but it is God that gives the earth this ability. Many things are BROUGHT FORTH by the earth, but it is God that directs the earth. The earth does not have the ability to do anything on its own without God. We, on the other hand, were not created or brought forth by the earth, but by the hands of God.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alucard Hellsing

Pretty interesting question...

i am 26 now and have not had any issues with my wisdom teeth at all...

I wouldn't say I am of "large stature" i'm 5'10 and rather big built..

Is it normal that i haven't had issues with my wisdom teeth ?

Yeah it is normal. Not everyone, Most people, but not everyone has to have theirs removed. Both my Ex brother in law and my great grandma have had their wisdon teeth grow in and neither one of them needed theirs taken out, as they had plenty of room to grow.

I on the other hand needed mine taken out when I was 14.

hmm, does that mean I am more evolved then them?

Well that may not be what it means, but that is the story I will tell myself.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
‘The “wisdom teeth,” or last molars, are in man approaching a vestigial condition, since they generally do not appear until relatively late, between the ages of twenty and thirty years, and in many persons are never cut at all. In a large percentage of individuals, they are useless, and they often become impacted and have to be removed surgically.’

Rogers, J.S., Hubbell, T. and Byers, C., 1942. Man and the Biological World, McGraw-Hill, New York, p. 313.

Vestigal Means: A rudimentary structure in humans corresponding to a functional structure or organ in ancestral animals.

BUT!!

Are they really approaching vestigal? I know of at least 20 people that have there wisdom teeth, now I know that there is not many people that have them, because they get them removed, because there orthodontist tells them that they should. But none the less they are painful, but they are far from vestigal, they can still be used if a person chooses to keep them.

Dr. Jack Cuozzo (an orthodontist), has evidence that humans today may be maturing faster than in yesteryear, and our facial bones lack sufficient growth time before wisdom teeth come in. This may be due to growth hormones in food or change since the time of Adam, but room is lacking in many people.

ICR

Ever since the fall man's body has been entering chaos, a few thouand years ago man used to be 900 years old. God created man to have teeth that would last him his life time. Man and the rest of the world has followed the second Law of Thermal Dynamics- Everything Tends Toward disorder.

'This means', Dr Cuozzo says, 'that three or four hundred years ago a child took 13 years to reach the stage that our children today do in 9 to 10 years. This points to a rapid maturation today.'

As far as evolution goes, how can it be said that loss of a useful feature, or loss of room for that feature demonstrates evolution? This is the opposite of evolutionary development! How much better if evolution could explain the origin of structures, not their loss.

ICR

More about Dr. Cuozzo

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Changed my mind - edit

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Circle]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well I wanted to keep mine, but unfortunately it was either have a bloody, chewed up, shredded mouth and be in considerable pain or have them out.

Its really funny because I responded to this thread earlier on and my fourth, lower wisdom tooth has just errupted which means time to go and get the top one removed

I will be so glad when all this Wisdom nonsense is over and I really feel for babies cutting thiers because unless yer gob is big enough, your in for a sore mouth!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Sometimes my two bottom wisdom teeth show up above the gum line and then a while later they sink back down. They come in at a bit of an angle. My jaw has been sore for the last few days and when I looked in the mirror, my bottom, right wisdom tooth is showing up the most I've ever noticed. I think it's here to stay now. I'm still not 100% sure that that is the reason for my jaw soreness though.

BTW, I am 41. They don't cause a lot of pain for me, just some soreness. Except when I'm chewing and somehow bite a small flap of my gum that might be over my wisdom tooth. Or biting my jaw, then the pain lasts longer.

I went to the dentist for the first time in 24 years, about a year and a half ago. She suggested that I have my wisdom teeth pulled but I didn't think it was neccesary. Other than occasional, short periods of time, they haven't caused me many problems.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by Blueracer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join