It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should Dems punish Joe Lieberman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Both Lieberman and Collin Powell endorsed men that were not their party’s candidate for President this year; they both thought this election was more important than party loyalty. I don’t see why Democrats are being so petty toward Lieberman, the new Democratic President-elect states that partisan politics are a huge problem in Washington. Lieberman supported who he thought would be the best President for the United States; I think it would be unwise for Democrats to pull a “do as we say, not as we do” while dealing with him. Should he be punished by Democrats and should his career suffer because he didn’t adhere to partisanship?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
the Dems are just being petty. Joe was elected as an independent in 2004. they just want revenge because he dicided to back his friend that just happened to be a republican. Just goes to show how petty some people in politics can be.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

To put it simply....no.

But, here's the kicker. There are three Senate seats up for grabs still. One in Alaska where the Democrat is winning narrowly during the recount. One in Minnesota where the Democrat will probably win narrowly once the recount is done. And, one in Georgia.....where there will be a run-off election soon.

Dems win those 3 seats, they have a filibuster proof Senate. But....(and I may be wrong on this), if they oust Lieberman, who votes with them 90+% of the time, there goes that filibuster proof Senate.

So, what will be more important to them? Punishing Lieberman or having complete and total control???

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
He hasn't lived up to campaign promises on the committee he heads, which the house equivalant has done everything he said he would. Said he wouldn't bash Obama just show support for John McCain, and tried to tear Obama a new one at the RNC. He begged Obama to back him in 2006 when he had to run as an independent, which he did.

But I think Rachel Maddow put it best.

new topics

top topics

join