It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard of the painmaster patch? Electrical pain relief???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I was doing some research on the Painmaster Patch and I am curious why we cant order this in the United States. Is the FDA blocking it? I suffer from chronic pain because 3 blown disks in my lower back. I have suffered for years and as I get older I can feel it being more and more prevalent.

I have friends that suffer from the same thing and I don't want to turn into someone that relies on pills. Opiates have there place but not as a cure for pain as most people use them. Sometimes I feel like they become a problem in itself.

I tried getting the patch in the U.S. and I can't seem to find it.

I came across it from my cousin in Toronto who emailed it to me because he is in worse shape than I am and has gotten a ton of relief. It looks so simple.

If anyone knows where I can get this please let me know. If you know of another type of pain patch Respond here. I will check it.

Thanks.....

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It sounds like your talking about a TENS unit. They can be bought in the US, and sometimes you can find them on EBAy. But I would suggest you talk to your MD. If he orders it, insurance may pay for it.
On the other hand, you may be talking about a fentnyl patch. Fentnyl is an extremely potent narcotic which can be used in patch form. It can provide relief for 72 hrs, but it can be extremely dangerous. I'm not sure which one you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here's one place that sells them--includes a write-up from pubmed

www.easemypain.net...

Try typing "painmaster patch" into google

They are FDA-Registered and made in the US.
Don't know if they work....

List of similar devices (includes TENS)

www.zapconnect.com... 695694.html

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Its supposedly drug free so it isnt the fentynil (i spelled it wrong) patch. I have a Tens unit and it does very little for me after I use it. I like it when its on

Supposedly you can wear this patch for 500 hours under your clothes without a huge battery attached to you.

Thank you so much for your help......I called my doctor and he hadnt heard of it.

LOL....I am going to find this thing...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thats it. I can;t believe you found it.

I found www.painmastercanada.com... but I couldnt get it shipped to the states.

You are the best.....I will tell you how it works.....My god I hope it works.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I have fentanayl patches,and yes they can be fatal if used by someone not used to heavy meds,the Tens machine is used to stimulate body parts to promote healing,as far as pain relief I never felt any

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I love my TENS unit. You might be able to get what you're looking for on Ebay. That's where I got my TENS unit.

I have scoliosis which acts up infrequently and when it does, it's hard to stand or sit (and can hurt to breathe.) I turn the thing up fairly high, and it eases some reasonably severe pain. I will run mine for an hour or two if the pain is bad (it shuts off after 30 minutes.)

Love it. If it ever falls apart, I'm getting another.

Take the info to your doc and see if he'll prescribe one for you.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hellskitchen

I am pretty sure this Painmaster device is basically a TENS device. So if you haven't had much luck with TENS I wouldn't suggest buying it.

I own a TENS/EMS device and seem to have good results from it.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
well it is coming in today. My doctor got some information and it is not a tens unit. It is warn all the time and promotes healing not just taking away the pain.

I am willing to give anything a try.

I kinda hoped someone in the medical forum might have used it. I will let you know since I am supposedly getting it on Monday.

My tens unit was good but only relieved the pain for a short while. If I can wear this 24 hours a day I think it may work.

I'll let anyone know on Monday if I notice a different. If not I am out 25.00. Cheap price to pay to try something new.

Anyone else here have back problems?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Well I can see in the video on the website that it uses electrodes. Can you elaborate on how it differs from TENS?

I have chronic back pain....unless I do weight resistance and yoga. Then I have none at all

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I said it was coming in today but I actually meant monday. My doctor said you actually don't feel it. The object is to match the bodys natural current and not disrupt it. Something along the lines of decreasing inflamed cells and musculature by increasing blood flow and creating and environment where some kind of ATP production can happen at an increased rate.

My doc got wordy past that and lost me.

I will let you know on Monday. So bottom line...it is small....it is not something that numbs you....it heals....and its cheap.....

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

PM me if you have positive results, please..... I have been on opiates for chronic back pain, and sciatica for 12 years and even morphine and oxycodone doesn't always help Unless I medicate until I'm in a zombie like state..... I am always on the look out for a something that will possibly lessen my pain that doesn't have the negative side effects of prescription medication..... Gotta have a clear head to keep up with the guys that post here.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am almost in tears as I am writing this because I am so happy with the results. I put it on Monday morning and got discouraged because by the end of the day I felt nothing. I went to sleep and something happened. I actually woke up to my alarm clock. I dont remember waking up at all during the night. I think Monday to Tuesday night I got the best night sleep since two years ago. I woke up and the difference was amazing. I felt somewhat normal for the first time. I still had pain but it was not as bad. I got excited and pushed my self a little. I could focus on other things besides my pain pills. I took a couple pills but felt more like habit (scary) than really needing them. Not all my pain was gone but it was acceptible. The one thing I do not like is when you go to bed with them on they can get pealed off if you are a lousy sleeper like me.
I slept through the night Tueday night and this morning I feel a little better. All in all the relied is getting better dayley.

For twenty five dollars it is so worth it even for the two plus days I have been using it so far....Its not a TENS device.

My doctor ordered it from
www.alibaba.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

My tens unit is so strong and it just shocks. This you feel nothing and it sends a long tern current into the affected area. The box says it actually increases blood flow to the area and decreasing inflamation.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the information. I have fibromyalgia, so I wonder if this is a good idea for me. My issue is muscular. I don't take any prescriptions for pain and I really don't get a lot of relief from the NSAIDS. My quality of life is not that great right now. My mom is on major opiates and other meds for her pain so I wonder if this is something I can get for her too.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It has been almost a week and I wanted to check back in.

The following I can say for sure.

The longer you wear it the better you are.

I am sleeping throughout the night but I needed to add tape the unit because it would come off from moving while I was sleeping.

It is frustrating at first because you feel nothing but I guess that is normal.

The patch has worked so well. My wife said I am standing up straighter. I took a long trip in the car and could actually move after.

I went grocery shopping and walked around the entire place without using carriage to leave on.

I walked my dog for the first time in a year. My wife was blown away.

I am telling you if you have any kind of pain from blown disks or shoulders or neck or anything that is muscular related you need to grab your doctor. Drag them to the computer and get them to get you the unit.

I am 95% satisfied with this product. The only thing I do not like it the way it comes off at night.

I dont remember the site my doctor said but I think I posted it previously.

To all my friends in pain. Do this!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
To lazy to log in, but I was scanning and found this site and ordered the patch without a doctor. That alibaba site makes ya have to send an email. This site charged me 24.99 and 8.99 for shipping. Just bought it and will wait to see it's results. I'm 27 with sciatica and walking like an inveigled and at this point, besides drugs, I will try anything. I even bought an inversion table that works but it hurts like hell on your feet after about 10 minutes.
Here is the site:
www.easemypain.net...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My grandfather has an electrical implant near his hip that alleviates pain in his leg. I'm not sure if it's the same thing. He lives in the United States and as far as I know had no problem getting it, though he is quite well off so money might have been a factor.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I read about the implants and they look very interesting.

This is just a patch. No surgery and I applied it myself when the doctor showed me where to apply it.

He actually used a sharpie and marked spots to put the patches so I could rotate them because he was worried about the patches causing a rash on my skin if in place for too long.

I have experimented with this a little and I can honestly say that it is amazingly simple. I am so impressed. I will say that the day I took it off I noticed how well it worked because I started getting spasms again.

So far so good.....Wish it came with more patches.

I did find the painmasterpatch.com site but there is only a phone number.

I did email [email protected] and got more information. Nothingh huge......

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I forgot about it this morning and took a shower with it.

If anyone buys this remember....Take it off before you jump in the shower...It doesnt stick when it is soaked

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join