It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing in chemtrails... yeahhh riiiiight...Photos

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga
Ok. Here goes:

Sprayed Aerosols Could Ease Climate Woes
Irene Klotz, Discovery News

Dec. 29, 2008 -- It won't solve global warming, but a group of scientists are calling for a focused research program to investigate ways to seed the atmosphere with chemicals that would let the heat out -- literally.

Geoengineering is not a new concept. Governments have changed how and where water flows, filled in lakes and other wetlands for construction, even attempted to control the weather. A project to counter climate change, however, would take geoengineering to an entirely new level.

Leaving aside what may be insurmountable political, cultural and ethical issues, scientists meeting at the American Geophysical Conference in San Francisco earlier this month focused on the practical aspects of releasing gases into the stratosphere that could open Earth's greenhouse.

Scientists are concerned that Earth is growing increasingly warm due to "greenhouse gases," such as carbon dioxide, in the atmosphere that inhibit the planet's ability to radiation heat into space.

Human-related activities, such as burning fossil fuels, are believed to be accelerating the planet's accumulation of greenhouse gases, even though naturally occurring phenomena such as volcanic eruptions and fires account for 97 percent of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

"Even if we stopped emissions instantly today...we still have enough CO2 in the atmosphere that it is possible we would have unacceptable levels of climate risk," said David Keith, with the University of Calgary's Energy and Environmental Systems Group.

"While we may be lucky and find climate only warms by a degree or so, we may be unlucky and find it's more like five or six (degrees)," he added. "We're not going to know until we've put enough CO2 to make an irreversible decision."

Keith and colleagues want to investigate putting aerosols, such as sulfur, into the atmosphere to chemically unlock the greenhouse effect and allow more of the sun's reflected heat to radiate back into space.

"This brings up the question of who would make that decision," said Alan Robock of Rutgers University. And what temperature the world should be.
"A ski slope operator and someone running a shipping company in the Arctic might have different opinions about what's the ideal temperature for the planet," NASA's administrator Michael Griffin told Discovery News in an interview last year.

From an engineering standpoint, scientists have looked at a variety of systems to deliver the goods, including high-altitude aircraft, such the military's KC135 tankers used to refuel fighter jets, balloons, artillery, even a space elevator.

Other options include lacing commercial airlines' jet fuel with sulfur-containing particles, though this likely would give rise to a host of new problems, including engine contamination and safety concerns.
"No one has actually looked at what would happen if you tried to put these materials into the stratosphere," said Richard Turco, with the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at the University of California in Los Angeles.

Scientists disagreed on whether atmospheric seeding to change the climate could be successful on a regional level, or if any initiatives must be globally based to be effective. They were united, however, in calling for a focused research effort.
"There's very little funded research (about) managing the risks of climate change," Keith said.

Source: dsc.discovery.com...

You guys happy now? They say they are gonna research it but i kinda get the urge to say they have been testing that for a loooong time already... And if they were, you think they would say it? No.. They would just say they're gonna start to do it now.

swamp gas.

great post thanks for that!

wZn

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
And here's an interesting paper..:

rense.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Originally posted by vasaga
Ok. Here goes:

Sprayed Aerosols Could Ease Climate Woes
Irene Klotz, Discovery News

[...]Other options include lacing commercial airlines' jet fuel with sulfur-containing particles, though this likely would give rise to a host of new problems, including engine contamination and safety concerns.[...]

Source: dsc.discovery.com...

swamp gas.[...]

Monday has been raining the whole day. In the evening, the outdoor air smelled like 'sulfur' or 'swamp gas'. There was little wind and we are miles away from the marshlands, by the way. I would assume the rain clouds have been seeded to result such malodorous effects in our neighborhood.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Sulfur smell is a normal thing when the water table is low. We get it here in Florida all the time. It simply means that there are more minerals in the water then usual. You can always tell when there is a sprinkler running in your area down here from the hard water smell of sulfur.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I am so glad I found this website!! How the heck can anyone deny that there is something going on here people!!! wake up and look at what we are being force to breath! I mean come on how can this be denied that contrails from airpalnes dont look as they did 10-15 years ago. I was first introduced to the subject over a year or two ago and since then I have watched, believed and even researched the topic academicly. I can believe the amount of energy that is put to cover this subject up as a hoak or crazy talk. alot of people dont care, or dont think it is possible. Have you ever watch these things spread out and cover the whole sky, they do weird designs with them and everything. One theory is population control which could be possible another is solar dimming to try and stop global warming caused by the great amout of everything being put into the atmophere. These chemtrails are frequently around the sun. take a look at US patent # 5,003,186 welsbach seeding the sky for reduction of global warming. Aluminum oxcide particles that can be added to jet fuel and that reflect the sun to a certain degree. In certain areas aluminun levels are alllarming and thousans of times over the limit for drinking water. Did people not consider what this wouldd do to aggicuture or trees or individuals with breathing problems, I am sure these particlles are very small and they have to go somewhere after a while right? One more thing that has me wondering with all aluminum around everywhere has alztimers disease been on the rise?? I heard that the disease has been linked to to much aluminum accumulated in the brain???

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
reply to post by weedwhacker

"Look at meeeeeee, I'm an expeeeert! You believe me right? Let me define your reality so you don't have to experience stuff and think for yourself!"

Who do you think you're fooling? Your position in this debate is untennable in the face of truth, and I trust more and more people will begin realising this.

It's time.

I've held this debate open long enough now, I'm going to unsubscribe these threads and let you guys derail them all you wish. My judgement is very few people are reading them now, they've served their purpose.

We may meet again when the next chemtrail thread hits the frontpage or if I stumble upon anymore evidence from my neck of the woods. And I will discard your positions again, for which I apologise in advance, but it has to be done.

Bye.

Well sir if you leave this thread to the debunkers where does that leave the rest of us. Frankly, I admire your patience with their collective blather. You and T T have presented a wealth of linked information. I was especially impressed with reading the Hughes Aircraft patent on " Stratospheric Welsbach seeding for Reduction of Global Warming " The patent is rather specific . "Seeding should be done at an altitude of 10 kilometers, approximately 32000 feet. The particles may be seeded by dispersal from seeding aircraft; one EXEMPLARY technique may be via the jet fuel as suggested by prior work regarding the metallic particles. The particles would be emitted from the jet engine exhaust while the airliner was at its cruising altitude. "
I will again offer the Patent link. patft.uspto.gov... AIRCRAFT%22.ASNM.&s2=%22GLOBAL+WARMING%22&OS=AN/%22HUGHES+AIRCRAFT%22+AND+%22GLOBAL+WARMING%22&RS=AN/%22HUGHES+AIRCRAFT%22+AND+%22GLOBAL+WARMING%22

Opinion- RD requires a substantial investment. Perhaps Hughes Aircraft has money to burn. If this is a method currently being deployed, obtaining fuel samples would be interesting.
Pilots , sorry not much to say there and weathermen . I'd rather an Atmospheric physicist. Below is a pilot that happens to agree with T T at least in theory. It is a phenomenon worthy of serious investigation vs backhanded debunking.

Graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1971 and served as a U.S. Marine Corps pilot from 1971 to 1977.
From 1977 to retirement in 1993 flew F-4 Phantoms and the F-16 Falcons.
From 1978 through 2007,flew PIC for North Central Airlines, Republic Airlines, and NWA
Rated - DC 9, A320, DC 10, Boeing 747-400
We both trained at Luke AFB. I went to Vietnam, he chose a different route. Flying is a great job but by no means makes anyone an expert on the topic at hand. I, like the above poster am tired of reading nonsense from people who apparently have no desire to look past their collective narrow minded opinions.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
ummmm.... why not just spray at night? Why be this obvious? Does not add up. Sorry

They don't need to do it at night, people don't usually question the trails in the sky. They just think it's the gas from planes. They don't immediately think "Oh my god! Those must be chemtrails!"

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I wonder what this is? If you click the link you shall find a myriad of odd looking "debris" a year or so back I ran into some more verified information stating this was debris from a snow melt in Colorado.

There could be many explanations, I just was a bit flabbergasted by the images so I wanted to share them.

www.flickr.com...

No sense in being confrontational with me regarding this post, I simply brought them to the board for your analytical viewing pleasure!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

To my understanding, any type of condensation requires some kind of particulate to generate around. That is the purpose of cloud seeding after all is to provide those particulates thus causing a cloud to rain out on call. Precipitation has been going on since long before there were airplanes, so this is a natural cycle of nature. The stuff in those photos is simply particulate that you would find in the nucleus of any type of precipitation, whether it be snow or rain.

I was taught this in grade school science, if the weather gentlemen here disagree, please feel free to do so. I am not an expert in that field, so no bad feelings there...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Do you have the information that goes with these pics? Because on their own, they could be anything.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'll tell you what. The first picture looks a heck of a lot like normal pollen or plant byproduct to me. From what I can gather I think they took snowflakes and allowed them to thaw out on a slide, then photographed the remains.

Again though, not really my field of expertise.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yup, could even be contaminates from whatever was used to collect the samples.

That's why some documentation would be nice, otherwise it proves nothing.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by defcon5

Yup, could even be contaminates from whatever was used to collect the samples.

That's why some documentation would be nice, otherwise it proves nothing.

As I mentioned in the post with the pics my intention wasn't to prove anything. If you look through the many images you will see things that are not really what I would consider normal snow fall debris. One pic was very pbviously some kind of bug, (which could of course have been ground based) I can do some more googling and provide resources if you like.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

No worries.

You can understand my asking though I hope.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

no no, you are on the right track on that defcon5!

Water molecules and ice form on small particulates and that allows for more molecules to attach and condense and form water droplets/snow flakes. Once they get large enough, they fall as precip. and yes, they can form around soot, pollen, dust, organic/inorganic materials, anything really.
(They've even found frogs inside hailstones before!

Just goes to show you how cool meteorology can be!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Shot in the dark but couldn't they just be trying to somehow strengthen our weakening ozone layer such as the heliosphere and such? Seems a little futile with the little areas with which they're apraying but who knows?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaBears

The heliosphere is far (far) out in space. It is at the edges of the Sun's magnetic field.

Since the ban of CFC's (which deplete ozone) the ozone layer seems to be recovering. Ozone is formed by the action of sunlight on oxygen. It doesn't really need any help from us, and there isn't much to be done to help it along.

[edit on 1/22/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just a quick heads up for any contrail/chemtrail enthusiasts, just in case anyone is interested in building their own contrail website.

The domain contrails.co.uk has just been dropped & is available to register at your favourite domain registrar.

If you're not interested ignore this message

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Someone stated earlier in the thread about them living close to 2 or 3 different military installations and not seeing chemtrails. Think about that and rationalize. The leading theory is it is being done for population thinning for the coming of the NWO. The NWO will enact martial law which will then be enforced by our military. The chemtrails being non-existant near military installations is because they do not want to de-populate our military. Plus, if there is something in these chemtrails then most likely they have a vaccine for it because they can not predict how these pathogens or whatever it is is going to spread out. I know I have got many shots while I have been in the miltary that I have never heard of a civilian getting, so who knows, maybe these shots are actually vaccines to prevent the military from getting sick due to these chemtrails or any number of other pathogens or harmful agents that could be introduced to the populace.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by speed_demon

Except for the fact that if you spray something in the air, you can't control where it goes. It's going to go where the winds take it. So you can spray something miles away from a military base, and IF there was a chemical in it, then it could and probably would still land on the military base.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join