It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christians hating gays contradiction

page: 63
<< 60  61  62   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Clearly homosexuality is not just a matter of simple choice. There is a deep genetic/psychological/physiological element that is NOT a simple matter of choice.

I actually laughed out loud at one post here that said-"I chose to be straight". Really. So when you woke up this morning, you had to make a choice to be sexually attracted to women? You could have just woken up and made the "wrong" choice and "laid with a man" tonight?

You're not being honest with yourself if you're not asking the tough questions of yourself. It's not a choice.

It's like the Creation vs evolution debate. There is some evidence of evolution and a much longer time frame of life than 6000 years. But you won't look at any of that. You guys are basing your whole life value system on a few sentences written by MEN centuries ago. Worse though is that you cherry pick what you take out of the bible. How is it you do that? That would be like me saying. I believe in the theory of relativity but I don't really like gravity so I'll chose not to believe in that. LOL
edit on 18-3-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I wasn't going to resurrect a topic that was made 6 years ago, but I see it went beyond the year of it's creation.

Christians, why speak about something that you have absolutely no clue about? Most of you have no idea what it's like to live as a homosexual, much less be a Christian at the same time.

You see, I went through this song and dance starting back to when I was a kid. I knew I liked guys when I was as young as around 6 years old. I was also sexually active at a young age as well. To my knowledge, I was never molested nor have I went through any other types of trauma.

Throughout my life, I have tried fighting against the "urges" and I viewed my feelings as something to hate. It is what I was taught, after all. At some point, I even found a website that was partly for the rehabilitation of being homosexual. Guess what? It didn't work.

Around this time, I developed a great friendship with a guy younger than me who was also gay, and I attempted to help him and give him advice on how to avoid the "sin" of masturbation. Guess what? It was very short lived if he had any relief at all. Eventually, nothing helped him and he started developing side effects as a result, including mood swings. Nothing I told him at that point helped, so what else was I supposed to do other than to tell him to do what he felt he had to do?

Should I have told him to keep resisting, the Devil will flee? Why are we to assume these feelings were from Satan? What evidence is there for that? One thing was for sure, nothing fled.

This circumstance is what really made me rethink my beliefs on this matter and so I studied. Through this study, I learned what the Gospel truly is, and it isn't attempting to live a perfect life with little sin. I also learned that homosexuals ("practicing" or not) are not exempt from this Gospel.

To think, that so many Christians are putting restrictions on who can and cant be saved is insulting. You say homosexuals can be saved, but a prerequisite is that they forsake their sexuality. Guess what? That isn't going to happen as it is an impossibility for the vast majority. Not only that, but forsaking sins has NEVER been a prerequisite of being saved.

When I was a bit younger, I prayed and prayed for my urges to leave. There are many occasions where I was miserable. I've had prayers answered before, mind you. In quite unexpected ways. However, this one was never granted, why?

Eventually, I ended up accepting my sexuality instead of treating it like some disease that needs curing. And you know what? I feel better than I ever did. Of course, you self righteous hypocrites will say that i've just given into sin or whatever the hell. But I dont really care what you think on the matter. I used to be like you, though a bit more understanding; I did hold the same beliefs. Nothing you say to me will be a revelation.

One of you said "Following Jesus is very difficult"

No, it isn't. Following the rules most Christians make up is very difficult. The fact you say that flies in the face of the message Jesus was spreading. People that would dare heap burdens on others related to the Gospel are cursed, you know that, right?

You load burdens on others and dont care about their problems really. Your type is exactly who Jesus despised the most. The Pharisees? Yeah, that mindset hasn't died out. Many Christians today are a type of Pharisee. All you do is go around and try to make yourself seem oh so good and righteous, while you make it so hard for others to even listen to any Gospel.

You may say you're just like everyone else regarding sin, but do you really think that? Or do you only say that to save face? Actions speak louder than words. If you were like everyone else, you would shut up about the sins of others and worry about your own. I know you types hate to hear that, and you've probably heard it many times, but you need to heed it.

Oh and please spare us those lame stories of "Ex-Gay" people. Those aren't real, they are fooling themselves. Even if some of those were worth noting, it is irrelevant as everyone is different. What works for one doesn't work for another.

And I dont know about you, but I could never live as a Eunuch, thank you very much. The fact so many Christians are so selfish speaks volumes.

And I hate it when you speak such trash like...
"Homosexuality in and of itself isn't immoral, the act is." or "We dont hate the sinner, we hate the sin."

Why dont you just come out and say that homosexuality IS immoral and that you hate homosexuals?

The first statement is pure nonsense. How is homosexuality fine, but the act isn't? How in the living hell do you separate the two? Homosexuality IMPLIES the act.

The second statement is bullcrap as well. The so-called "sin" that you hate cannot be separated from the person, so by association, you hate the person.

By your logic, the sin of homosexuality is just as bad as the sin of murder as well, right? Okay, well, would you dine with Jack the Ripper? Adolph Hitler? Vlad the Impaler? Elizabeth Bathory? Any of these?

Most people dont like these people, correct? Why? Because they were all murderers and most of them quite psychotic. So, if homosexuality is just as much a sin as murder or anything else, you must have some amount of disdain for homosexuals as well. Just as you cannot separate murder from those people I listed, you cannot separate homosexuality from a homosexual.

Sadly, unless some of you are homosexuals yourselves, I dont think you'll ever understand.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JudgeEden

i'm not gay, btw.

but i have gay friends, female and male for pretty much all my life. i am old too.

most are christian that bothered to mention it.

my wife's boss is gay as is a lot of her friends and co-workers.
i worked and lived in P-Town for 2 years. (in the 70's)
made many gay friends. lol, had a great time with them.

all my straight friends had no problem with any of them.

in 60yrs i have never seen a christian that was bigoted towards a gay person. they might not want to hang out with them, maybe but no hostility.

someone who hates gays will hate asians, blacks, etc. anything different from themselves/group, like the KKK. Phelps/wbc.

our lez friend has attended our church and we gave her the money for her 1st round of chemo. she beat it, thank God.

so to say ALL christians or even imply all christians hate gays, is slanderous and disingenuous.
we kinda don't.

i'm just talking about countries i lived in.

take care.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

I know there are some accepting Christians out there, including you, it seems. I was mostly addressing the Christians in this topic that are vehemently against a person's sexuality.

And I know quite a few Christians are probably thinking that i'm some Christian apologetic or something. You know something? It's still pretty weird to me to say these things still, as it wasn't THAT long ago that I accepted my sexuality. Maybe within the last two years.

So, I understand where many of these people are coming from as my past self would have been right along with them. However, having lived on that side for such a long time, I realized it did far more harm than good. Not just by having me despise myself, but I was also turning self righteous as a result. That is not a good place to be.

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful day.

top topics

<< 60  61  62   >>

join