It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christians hating gays contradiction

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death
It almost sounds like Christians think being gay is a disease they can catch. Look out, stay away, isolate them so I won't turn gay. Maybe they protest so much because they are curious.

Where in anything I, as a Christian, have said here could you possibly make that interpretation?

Indeed whilst the "what two people do on their own behind closed doors is ok" brigade impose an isolation on people troubled by this inclination I would prefer to encounter others as a fellow afflicted by my own trials, like us all, to help one another be the best that we can be.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I never said I didn't support their right to be together. But, I still really feel deep in my hearts of hearts that being homosexual is against God. Not because of what some scriptures say exactly, but because I don't think it is what God intended.

I know we both could pour out bible scriptures to support both our points of view. It really comes down to a personal decision on my part. I can not in all honesty support same sex marriage.

Now, If they really want to help their cause, they would try to show a little bit more concern for other people and not be so wrapped up in anger and hate. That is all I saw on the news the other night. That little old lady did nothing to get the kind of treatment she got from those protesters. That totally turned me off to any kindness that I might have been feeling towards the protesters at that moment.

I do not hate these people and I truly hope they find some kind of peace in their hearts though out all of this. As I said God does love them and always will love them, but He will not and does not love the sin.

Peace
And Love In Our Lord and Saviour
Grandma

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Observation#1.
People seem to be upset that a make-believe religion doesn't include their group.

Observation #2.
You're free to start your own religion where homosexuality is approved.

I'm always amazed at the lengths that people will go to to gain acceptance by another group when they don't even believe that what said group talks about is even true. Do homosexuals really need the acceptance of Christianity to continue? I can tell you this. Christians do not need the approval of homosexuals to continue. This will not change. You can have all the love you want from Christians, but you will not get the nod of approval for your actions. Homosexuality is specifically prohibited in the Bible. (Lev. 20:13)

The homosexual agenda would have you focus solely on this issue. In reality the Bible rarely mentions homosexuality, but please by all means make this all about you if you feel the need. If homosexuality defines all of who you are then maybe Christianity is not for you. Quit trying to justify your actions through teachings that you don't even believe.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well it does seem when Christians are majority over a minority - - they do affect the rights of a minority.

So that argument is bogus.

Fortunately - Constitutions are designed to protect the minority from the majority.

Its only a matter of time before Marriage is equal to all.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Annee

I never said I didn't support their right to be together. But, I still really feel deep in my hearts of hearts that being homosexual is against God. Not because of what some scriptures say exactly, but because I don't think it is what God intended.

Peace
And Love In Our Lord and Saviour
Grandma

----------------------------------------

I'm not trying to be rude. I grew up Christian - by choice I choose to no longer be Christian. So I do know the belief.

It is not a Choice. It is my opinion those who continue to choose to believe it is a Choice - - do so to justify their position.

I am not ever going to accept ancient translations over reality today and people's hearts and equal rights.

These are flesh and blood - living breathing people with hearts and desires - - no different then your own.

I will not deny them.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well, Annee that may happen some day but I truly doubt if it will happen in my lifetime. The Lord mad man for woman and woman for man. I am sorry, but that was His decision not mine. The truth is what the truth is.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death
It almost sounds like Christians think being gay is a disease they can catch. Look out, stay away, isolate them so I won't turn gay. Maybe they protest so much because they are curious.

No. I have had friends who are gay. I may even meet people here that are gay. I don't fear them. I don't preach to them either. I acknowledge that they are gay and I am not. Then we usually talk about other things. I don't judge, that's not my place.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Darkelf:

I hope I am not judging the person. I do however, as a follower of Christ do judge the sin. It is God's role to judge each and every one of us. Jesus will be our defender. So let's give him some stuff to defend us with.

Shalom,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Annee

Well, Annee that may happen some day but I truly doubt if it will happen in my lifetime. The Lord mad man for woman and woman for man. I am sorry, but that was His decision not mine. The truth is what the truth is.

Peace,
Grandma

It is not truth - you are choosing to believe that it is.

You could choose otherwise if you felt it was right for all human beings who have the same wants and desires you have.

If you were put on a isolated island and you were the only straight person - - denied of rights. I really wonder how many years you would continue to hold on to your truth.

I expect gay marriage to be legal within 4 years.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I understand that he is your son, you love him, and want badly to accept him the way he is. He tells you he was born gay, and therefore can't help it.

You buy in all you want. You can justify it all you want.

I've never, ever seen a gay infant in my life. I've never ever seen a gay child my entire life.

I do see adults who have little or no shame, doing disgusting things that are considered by the majority to be aberrant behavior.

I find bestiality to be unnatural. I find it to be disgusting. I find other unnatural sexual behaviors to be aberrant and disgusting.

I find a lot of these gay folks have some really ****ed up home life. Look around. I'm not making this up. And I'm certainly not suggesting you did anything wrong.

The reason it's good to have a man/woman couple for raising children, is that the female offspring actually learn how to be a woman, and how a woman is to be treated from watching and observing the honor and love between parent. The father, never overbearing, also demonstrates to the male offspring how to be strong, independent, think for themselves, and they too, learn how to treat women with love and respect by growing up in a loving household.

It's funny that there's more "gays" with the increase in divorce.

More going on here, but every day we wake up we're given choices. Some just no longer have any shame, a condition previously reserved for animals.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It makes me laugh when Christians accuse Gays of corrupting society.
When has any gay group started a war, been responsible for a holocaust, committed genocide?
When has a gay group tries to prevent Christians from marrying?
However many Christians are implicated in all these things.

I don't believe even Jesus would associate with modern day Christianity by calling himself Christian, if he were to return.

Which, btw, he won't.
The Rapture is bunkum, more's the pity.
I'd love a big magnet in the sky to pull all rapture-believers up out of this world.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

You misunderstood, my post that you responded to second was never directed to you it was in response to the Op.

I've been busy all day but to respond to your request, I can't prove there's a God anymore than you can prove there isn't, I'm glad you think most of the precepts are good for living, I probably would have been a murderer at least on a few occasions if I was not being rstrained by the belief in God and his judgement,not because I would just go out and commit murder but because of the heat of the moment and no fear of an eternity in hell. Perhaps you would not commit any evil or violent acts, but our society would be vastly different if we were ALL athiests. As for the hate gays argument, how would i know someone's sexual orientation unless they were shoving it in my face ??? Gaydar?? Again why should any of you care what a bunch of fake religious people think? Unlessss maybe you're not so convinced?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
I don't believe even Jesus would associate with modern day Christianity by calling himself Christian, if he were to return.

Which, btw, he won't.
The Rapture is bunkum, more's the pity.

Again, why would you spend the time to disprove Christianity if you don't believe it to be true? Who are you trying to convince?

Christians are not keeping homosexuals from marrying. The legal system is. Of course one could argue that Christians control the legal system except for the fact that abortion on demand is legal, homosexuality is legal, gambling is legal, adultery is legal, getting drunk is legal. Where is the clutching claws of Christianity evident in the law? Maybe homosexuals not being able to legally marry just doesn't make any sense. What do you need a legal binding contract for? There will be no offspring to care for. No health care for children. No WIC necessary.

If Proposition 8 passed in California (one of the most liberal states) then where's the proof that Christianity is holding up the legal system?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee,

I think if gay people find someone to love that is great for them. But, I do not think it should be made a right to marriage. Then that goes against my right as a person who thinks marriage should be just between a man and a woman. So, there you go CONFLICT RIGHT OFF THE BAT!

Remember, people were also saying 'pot' would be legel by now too, The majority of the people just do not want that to happen. And as long as we all get a chance to vote we can't complain about the outcome.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by racegunz

I probably would have been a murderer at least on a few occasions if I was not being rstrained by the belief in God and his judgement,not because I would just go out and commit murder but because of the heat of the moment and no fear of an eternity in hell.

That right there is what makes it so scary. For Christians to say that they need God and the Bible to restrain them from doing evil tells us more than they letting on.
Christians do not understand what they are saying. Basically they are saying they are evil and have to be restrained by their beliefs. Non-christians do not need some holy book to tell them how to act because morality is already inherent in them.

Perhaps you would not commit any evil or violent acts, but our society would be vastly different if we were ALL athiests.

Maybe different, but BETTER for sure. Although I don't think that it is possible for everybody to be atheists. The word atheism is too broad.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Again, why would you spend the time to disprove Christianity if you don't believe it to be true? Who are you trying to convince?

To weaken their influence on nation and legal system.

Christians are not keeping homosexuals from marrying. The legal system is.

Their votes is keeping homosexuals from marrying.

Of course one could argue that Christians control the legal system except for the fact that abortion on demand is legal, homosexuality is legal, gambling is legal, adultery is legal, getting drunk is legal. Where is the clutching claws of Christianity evident in the law?

They weren't always legal. If the Christians were to have their way again, they will all go back to being illegal.

Maybe homosexuals not being able to legally marry just doesn't make any sense. What do you need a legal binding contract for? There will be no offspring to care for. No health care for children. No WIC necessary.

Actually, that is the only thing that makes any sense and the argument is not religious. Although, if the homosexuals want to marry, then I say let them get married.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I've never ever seen a gay child my entire life.

Then you need to do more research. There are quite a few members here who have posted their stories in here. They knew they were different when they were children.

Yes, gay children in fact exist. Open your mind a little bit.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I hope I am not judging the person. I do however, as a follower of Christ do judge the sin. It is God's role to judge each and every one of us. Jesus will be our defender. So let's give him some stuff to defend us with.

HOWEVER, the bible NEVER said that homosexuality was wrong. Christians have tired to show me the verses (Sodom, etc, etc) and FAILED.

Jesus never included homosexuality in his list of sins of Sodom. Think about that.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by dooper

I've never ever seen a gay child my entire life.

Then you need to do more research. There are quite a few members here who have posted their stories in here. They knew they were different when they were children.

Yes, gay children in fact exist. Open your mind a little bit.

I knew my friends son was gay at 4 years old. Yes - he was just different - you could tell.

They moved away when he was 6 - - I did not hear from her for about 20 years. And yep - he's definitely gay.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I'm always amazed at the lengths that people will go to to gain acceptance by another group when they don't even believe that what said group talks about is even true.

No, not to gain acceptance, but to educate them. Far too many homosexuals have been shunned by their own families. And yes Christians do influence the legal system, and yes there are many Christians who work in the legal system.

Christians do not need the approval of homosexuals to continue. This will not change.

That is true. However, what if they were wrong about homosexuality? The Bible never said that homosexuality is a sin. Never.

Homosexuality is specifically prohibited in the Bible. (Lev. 20:13)

That is covered many times in various threads.

In reality the Bible rarely mentions homosexuality

Then why the big deal from Christians?

Quit trying to justify your actions through teachings that you don't even believe.

Who is doing that? People who are born gay need no justifying from Christians. They are just born that way.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join