It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will make NO difference.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm am amazed by the amount of people that come on ATS and say that Obama is going to make all these changes and Blah Blah. Everybody and their dog knows that the President can't do squat without Congress behind him.

Like all this mess that America is in is Bush's fault. What about the other 500+ people who vote on this stuff?

Of course the President has a say but that is all it is... a say.

And... "THEY" won't let things change anyway. "THEY" like the way that America is headed. "THEY" want to abolish the only real threat that "THEY" have. Freedom.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by -Reason-

I'm with you dude, he's just another figure head. Nothing will change except get worse if anything.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I believe your correct, but that said he can very well make terrible changes with the Congress and Senate in the positions they are in. He now has the best chance to actualy do some of the things he has preached about. He has several of the most powerfull Senators and Congress folks ready to rubber stamp legislation he talked about. Thats what some of us are worried about. It actualy can be done!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm wondering how can preaching "Change", yet filling his cabinet with Clinton leftovers?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No one person, even the President of the U.S., can do a lot about major society shifts and random events. If terrorists hadn't blown up the WTC, and the housing bubble didn't decide to pop on his watch, George W. Bush would probably have just been a relatively inconsequential, below-average President, just like his old man, instead of the complete failure he ultimately was.

Nobody's in control of that stuff. Likely, Obama will be seen as a kind of Herbert Hoover, not being able to do much if anything against the waves of economic troubles and societal changes. And the way he's filling up his cabinet with ex-Clintonites, you can probably count on that same kind of slack administration that Clinton ran. People who don't really know how to get anything accomplished, or even what to accomplish if they could.

But there will always be people around to blame and to lay blame. That's a favorite sport of some folks. But the truth is, it doesn't really make much of a difference. Who the President is is a teensy, tiny factor in the equation.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You're right, man. Obama has suckered all the "change" oriented people into believing that they somehow created that with a push of a button on a touchscreen machine. And they will raise hell with you after they find out just how similar he is to bush, and mccain."I pushed a button without researching properly! This is all your fault!"

The McCain crowd and the Obama crowd are equally dumb. And so dumb that it is astounding. But, hell... That's America for you.

America! Where might DOES make right!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I agree, why bother to commit a change that will take decades to repair. When he's in office he won't have the time to do that. So why not start on a new slate and start fresh. When I say that, I mean start a fresh new economy. People at the same time think it is a good and bad idea. Good idea for the rich but not for the poor and middle class. I won't think Obama would do that to his own people. He would have to inject more money to help the poor and middle class, to help them obtain equal amount of wealth.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There will be no change, well not on foreign policy anyway. Obama will just continue what's been started by the previous administration. Obama's going to send more troops to Afghanistan. I expect things to escalate under the guidance of Obama.

On domestic policies, I don't really know to be honest, but everybody knows the president of the United states of America is just a mouth-piece to the real power, who sit quietly behind the scenes pulling the strings.

Obama was picked for a specific reason. Those reasons will come apparent in the next few years. Things are going to get real rocky. The economies of the world are falling at an alarming rate. A lot of people will suffer hard-ships.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
as much as i doubt Obama will change much nor do i think he will be Bush 3.0

i think the people of the US have forgotten what democracy is about, but then i guess its alot easier to be negative and complain about the state of affairs than it is to do anything about them.

if the people want to know who is to blame for the current mess they are in they should look at themselves you have allowed this to happen Bush and his cronies only came up with the plan congress passed it because it was the will of the people. To not pass bush's plan was to be labeled unamerican or a terrorist sympathiser, and true congress did show how totally gutless they are they didnt want to risk their seat at the next election under the climate of hate and anger the US was in in 2001-2002 after the sept 11 incedent.

but it all comes down to accountability did the citizens of the US keep their politicians accountable?

are the politicians in the US being held accountable today?

and the big question will Obama bring back that accountability if not then how can the citizens reinstate that accountability?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Obama will make a difference.

He will help the economy get started again and then whatever he does after that... who knows what he'll do?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just read that one of the front runners for the SecState job is none other than Hiliary Clinton!

Change we can believe in!!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Frank: What do you think that he is going to do? Telling people that we need change means nothing. It would be like me telling you that you need a new pair of shoes.

What does the president have to do with the economy? The only way he can effect the economy is to go and buy stuff. Sure he may be able to put forth an idea but if Congress doesn't want it.. than it amounts to a hill of beans. It is the people that have control of the economy.

The way it looks now, with all of the Clintonites coming back, it's going to be another 90's. I was younger in the 90's and wasn't concerned with things back then but am I mistaken in saying that America experienced it's highest taxation. EVER!

How does this stimulate the economy?

I maintain my stance that a President cannot really change anything.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Rest assured, Obama WILL make a difference.

It just won't be a positive one.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are begging to have Bush back in a couple of years. People thought things were bad under him….just wait.

Hold on to your wallets.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Here is an interesting youtube video that you guys might want to take a look at:

20/20's The politically incorrect guide to politics.

Notice how the host keeps insinuating to the idea that we DON'T really need the federal govt. as much as they'd like us to know.

Edit: let me know what you think
part 1

part2

part3

Part4

part5

part6

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Question]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

reminds me of this speech from V for Vendetta:

Yes, a great deal of people are responsible for letting this happen and simply sit on their butts comfortably. However, that does not negate what the ones in power have done Demandred. It also doesn't negate the idea that we were in fact put into a state of "sleep" so to speak, by these very powers so that we wouldn't put too much resistance. So while I agree that we have to look no further than ourselves, we still have to find the culprits who put us in that position in the first place.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Very, Very good videos Question. I love that 20/20 one. That was the first time I saw it. Thanks.

"V" is dayly growing as my number one favorite movie.

I agree with both you and Demandred (or should I say Mazrim Taim:-)) the people are to blame and the culprits are the ones who take advantage of the people.

I feel this thread dieing out and that is too bad. I would like to more people to see that 20/20 vid. It really tells us what the real problem is.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying reason, and it is a real shame that not many seem to be posting. Could be that it might still be too early, give it some time, see if maybe you'll get more posters later in the day. I too agree that everyone that has deluded themselves into thinking that Obama is going to bring "change" (lol!
) should watch that 20/20 video so they can sober up. But alas, I don't think you'll get many tat will, they're still spellbound by Obama's charisma and "inspiring speeches" (lol! again
) to see the truth.

I've always been a big supporter of independent work shown in the video. Where they built those houses for Katrina victims DESPITE what the govt. told them. I think we need more people like that, more people that will simply DO what MUST be DONE and if the govt. isn't going to help then they can simply back off.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So far 3/3 of Obama's appointees are Israelis.

So much for change we can believe in.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Chief of Staff a Clintonista.
TV news reports that Obama said he won't change much in the
way of 'intelligence' gathering. So where's the 'change'??

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In all fairness Flyers, how can you expect much change in "intelligence" when the man (and actually many MANY politicians in office now) are lacking in exactly that department?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join