It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

joining the freemasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
how does one come to join the freemasons? or the masons for women? does one have to be invited? or have a family member already in? im just curious...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I know this is going to sound quite simple, but it is:

"To be one, ask one."

We can't recruit anybody, prospective Brothers must seek out an existing member and petition to join the Craft.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just FYI, this is a forum to discuss conspiracies surrounding supposed secret societies - its not here to recruit people for anything. If your interested in joining freemasonry and want to talk about it, I would strongly recommend a freemasonry forum, just google "freemason forum" and you'll find them by the dozens.

But just so you know, you join by asking - despite what you may read, there isn't much inviting going on (in fact there is almost none, although everyone likes to claim they have been "invited"). Having masons in the family doesn't matter for purposes of your petition. Just make sure your over 18, believe in a supreme being, and don't have anything negative that would show up in a criminal background check.

There is no regular and mainstream "masons for women" - freemasonry is a male fraternity. There is the Order of the Eastern Star, which admits women, which I assume you must also ask to join.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

oh i was by no means using ats to try to join the free masons..i was just crious as to how exactly one joins..ive read and heard so many different things that i thought perhaps i could get the correct answer here...sorry if i crossed the ats line...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nfinity8

Easy way is to Google your local lodge and get in email correspondence with them.
They'll help you get setup, but you'd probably want to go in knowing a bit about Masonry.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
low level mason your quite wrong on being asked to join.

a family member of mine died and we had to bury him at a masonic grave yard out in the midwest. and he was in the blue lodge and very high up and the brothers that came out to do ceremony masonic style asked me to join sence and i had to almost replace his spot and they told me i have 3 mins to choose and and i said yes.

now most of my families founding members were also IORM

top topics

join