It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classicals and Inheritors (Vampires)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
lol, ok so maybe it was the 80...i said 70s i think... lol, i'm not great on history, if its the past it's all a blur. But from what I've found is that the USA was doing tests in siberia on the AIDS and V5 virus, finding out how both infected humans. I am not certain on a precise date. I would have to go through my studies and find the exact time. I will let you know.

Merri- it's interesting that you would mention Nightpoe! lol, what she has said in interesting. I do not know what i think of her site. I've wanted to ask questions, yet there is no place to. Another thing that makes me question her! I am not saying that the ideas of the scientific findings are not in movies. I'm talking about the way directors twist the facts to make them more interesting. You cant go off of everything you see in the movies! I mean hell, Tyra Banks just had vampires on her show and all of them looked fake! One maybe, the psi-vampire who didnt do weird rituals and stuff. But the other 3 were "sang" vampires and all that means is they get off to drinking someones blood, not they have a virus that is healthy for them! lol...

I will have to find the links that I have found for you guys. Please be patient. I am to here for questions also. I do not have alot of answers. But what I have learned I will gladly share. Merri- it seems you all probably as educated as I am, so please share the information you know as well i will for you also.

And btw, I am old enough to talk about where babies come from! lol, I do not have an issue with heartbeats. Those are fine, I just have some questions that a human doctor would lock me in a padded room for!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Siberia is in Russia, believe me the US didn't research anything in Russia in the 70's or 80's.

at this point though, i'll answer your questions.

Would a female classical be able to bear a child who would then be an inheritor?
yes, they can bear a child but only by another classical. the child would then be an inheritor, although sometimes, inexplicably, the child born is a normal human. this cannot be explained at this point.

do they have a heart beat?
vampires? of course they do.

need oxygen?
yes and no, lack of oxygen won't kill them but they can't function without it.

or sleep?
not as you or i would sleep, it is more like a state of inactivity.

would the child then have a heart beat since they were born a natural birth and stop aging much later in life?
this is a misconception, vampires do age, they don't suffer from genetic degradation however, so the immediately apparent signs of aging aren't present in vampires.

it's as reliable and scientifically accurate as anything else you'll find on the net

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Pieman-

You are making me angry. You first say that vampires are a myth, then you answer my question. If they are a myth, how then can you answer my question with true in your answer? You said that what you said is as accurate with anything else I find on the net. That is true and false. Alot of what I have found is Sang.s pretending to be vampires! Thinking they know eveything about them when they probably are shunned by the vampire "community". Not much of a community when vampires dont talk to each other much. Back to my original thought: I would like to know how you came up with these answers. It seems from what I have read, you are right. But the oxygen thing, the answer is very familiar. I've heard it somewhere. And almost that exact same way. (maybe different words). So the child would be an inheritor if anything but human? would it then eat differently or would that come at a later stage in the child's life?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
Siberia is in Russia, believe me the US didn't research anything in Russia in the 70's or 80's.

It was 1967. In Lanzo, I could be mistaken by a false reference. But what I read is they were doing experiments with chimpanzees and it went wrong. The Soviet Union bombed the area and covered it up for the US. In 1970, Nixon banned the research on vampires. It opened back up 16 yrs later. Am I wrong? I keep getting peices of what I'm looking for and chucks missing! Guess that would be expected since I'm trying to find a SECRET world out there.....

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
v5 virus? wtf. gimme a link. AIDS was first described in the 80's i think, so how they could have realised "v5" had the same mechanism in the 70's is beyond me.

The first death from AIDS was in 1959. They had been doing research and announced it a disease in 1982. The first heterosexual diagnosis was in 1983. Imagine how long they had known about AIDS, had not called it that, and were doing research prior to calling it AIDS! A pretty long time apparently. Is there not a possibly they were testing both diseases at the same time?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellexista

Hi Belle, thanks for that reply to my last post. OK, no worries
I hope you get the answers you need!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

i don't mean to make you angry, to be fair i don't believe vampires exist but i do like horror movies and horror books and gothic comics and i have read lots of occult stuff, online and off, i also have an interest in mythology and legend, so i either know or can make a good guess at all your questions.

vampires don't sleep as such, this is in the bram stoker original but relates to christian mythology that a soul is required for a proper sleep. this is why dogs are believed to have a heaven but not cats, dogs dream but cats sleep soundly. this also led to a belief that unbaptised children had no soul as dreaming doesn't become apparent for the first few week. without a soul a vampire cannot sleep.

i say they don't require oxygen because they're the undead and can only be killed by chopping off their head or piercing their heart, so they don't require oxygen. i'm just guessing they wouldn't be able to function without it.

this piercing the heart fact leads me to believe they have a heartbeat but they may not have one, its a matter of opinion. some mythology says they are able to keep their heart in a separate location for security, which would suggest no heartbeat.

the babies being born vampires or not is just a guess based on normal virology and genetics, but it's mostly just a guess.

the non aging idea is just a viral thing as well, if a virus had the effect of making someone immortal the most obvious reason would be because it repaired the hosts DNA, which would mean the host ages without experiencing the negative affects aging produces. this would allow for aging of young vampires to adulthood, eternal youth, the lack of scaring in vampires and the ability to become younger or older based on time elapsed since feeding. it might also partially explain the extra power or nutrition alleged to human blood, especially that of a young person, as it would provide a good source of genetic material for use in the repairs.

take them as they are, they are an educated guess based on what i know about the mythology of vampires. i could probably give you a few suggestions on ware wolves aswell if your interested.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
ok, so you answered my question with stuff you red in books or watched on tv? hmmmm, not quite the references I'm looking for. I do know if I believe a vampire can be killed with a stake through the heart. And even in the movies where they are killed that way, they don't have heartbeats! Some of those answers were what I expected, but maybe that's because I am uneducated on the subject. But I can't take seriously things you've read in books, comics, or seen in movies. Sorry. I'll just keep searching and trying to find some proof of the facts. Thanx though!

Don't think I'm not listening because I don't like the answers. That's not it at all. I just am not fond of the references!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Bellexista, I see you're a relatively new member, so we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. The ATS culture is to be well mannered and respectful towards each other. We're not rude towards our fellow members, especially towards those trying to help by responding to our threads.

Civility and Decorum are Required

To be honest - I'm the FMSE of this forum, and it took me a moment or two to figure out that you were referring to "vampires". It's not nice to be accusatory when you're the one being unclear in a post.

OK. Now that we've slapped you on the wrist - welcome to ATS. There are several threads on the subject of Vampires - some threads by people who claim to be vampires. The search function should help you find a couple of those.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bellexista
In 1970, Nixon banned the research on vampires.

Care to provide a reference for that? I mean, from a site from someone not calling themselves Lady Macabre, Nightpoe or similar?

Also, why have you not taken me up on what I requested previously? I'd like to see some reference to 'V5' in a vampire context before the British screening of Ultraviolet.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Merri-

Go to google and just type in The Lanzo Disaster. You'll get a bunch of stuff that's going on now, but there's also a site (a couple sites) that will explain what happened in Lanzo to where Nixon closed the studies in 1970.

And I'll be quite honest with you. Other than the movie, I don't know anything of the British study of Ultraviolet! So without a time period of when that happened. I can't prove anything to you. Sorry. I never looked into anything about that stuff because I don't like disecting all the movies I watch. It doesn't make them interesting anymore to me.

So if you can get me a time period, I will see what I can do to find out the proof that they were doing studies. And why does it have to be before Ultraviolet? I thought the issue was just that they made a movie of the British studies. Not that they studied it earlier. I apologize. I'm getting confused. Is it that you wanted proof of it happening before a certain time period? Like before "Interview with the vampire"?

One question for you? Do you know of the vampires who were before that one? I found a site last night that had a long list of them that were way before then. Granted, they're all from the movies lol. But it was very interesting to see some vampires I've never heard of. I just wondered because you always mentined that movie. So if you wanted to see that site, I'd let you know what it was!

-And to everyone, I apologize for not making this forum clear to everyone. And I'm not meaning to snap or be mean to anyone because I'm not finding the answers I want. i do apreciate the discussion on here. I think it's interesting to see everyone's view on here. So if I've offended anyone, I'm sorry

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Merri-

Go to google and just type in The Lanzo Disaster. You'll get a bunch of stuff that's going on now, but there's also a site (a couple sites) that will explain what happened in Lanzo to where Nixon closed the studies in 1970.

No, that's not the way it works. If you've got evidence of something, you share it. Post it here. I'm not willing to go on a wild goose chase over something I'm fairly certain won't stand up to real scrutiny anyway.

And I'll be quite honest with you. Other than the movie, I don't know anything of the British study of Ultraviolet! So without a time period of when that happened. I can't prove anything to you. Sorry. I never looked into anything about that stuff because I don't like disecting all the movies I watch. It doesn't make them interesting anymore to me.

So if you can get me a time period, I will see what I can do to find out the proof that they were doing studies. And why does it have to be before Ultraviolet? I thought the issue was just that they made a movie of the British studies. Not that they studied it earlier. I apologize. I'm getting confused. Is it that you wanted proof of it happening before a certain time period? Like before "Interview with the vampire"?

To clarify: I mention Ultraviolet a lot because it's important. As far as I'm aware the fictional TV series - shown in 1998 in Britain - appears to be the 'springboard' for the 'scientific' 'virus' thinking about vampires. I've yet to find evidence of people - by people I mean 'vampires', 'vampire hunters' and just vampire 'fans' - talking about vampire virii &c in a way that mirrors so closely what's shown in that series BEFORE the series was screened.

In the past, I've seen other things where people have kind of touched on similar 'what if vampires were real? What would be a pseudo-scientific explanation for them' thing but not in exactly the same way that you get people like NightPoe talking about it now.

Again, let me emphasise the word fictional. The TV series was a drama which attempted to exploit the ratings popularity of another fictional vampire-related series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Again, the fiction appears to have appeared before 'vampires', 'hunters' and 'fans' picked-up on it.

One question for you? Do you know of the vampires who were before that one? I found a site last night that had a long list of them that were way before then. Granted, they're all from the movies lol.

Isn't that a clue? They're "all from the movies"?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
ok, i thought you couldnt post sites on here. thats why i told you to just type it in. But that's the proof i have. Atleast that i'm able to give u. It definitely happened before 1998. Is that the date were going off then? when the tv drama series came out?

I'm still confused on this topic. Ok, so i'm supposed to prove that the V5 virus was detected prior to the showing of the tv series, or that it became a huge thing in the world prior to the series? because that's what it sounds like u want. I don't watch alot of tv or movies. So i wouldn't be able to show you that the theory was mentioned prior to the show. But if we're going off the date. I gave you site that dates back before then.

So do you have information that may help me or are vampires purely fiction, made up by a british conspiracy?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

There's a documentary called "Interview with an Ex-Vampire" that supposedly tells the story of a "real" vampire. The documentary tells the story of a guy that was drawn into the occult and became a real vampire, I believe through the use of black magic.

Here's a link to a website that sells the documentary. It's 9 hours long and costs, I believe, $99.

www.exvampire.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

ok, i thought you couldnt post sites on here. thats why i told you to just type it in. But that's the proof i have. Atleast that i'm able to give u. It definitely happened before 1998. Is that the date were going off then? when the tv drama series came out?

I'm still confused on this topic. Ok, so i'm supposed to prove that the V5 virus was detected prior to the showing of the tv series, or that it became a huge thing in the world prior to the series? because that's what it sounds like u want. I don't watch alot of tv or movies. So i wouldn't be able to show you that the theory was mentioned prior to the show. But if we're going off the date. I gave you site that dates back before then.

Yes, you can post the URLs to sites here. So let's see that evidence that Nixon stopped research on vampires as you claim. As Nixon is a very notable political and historical figure with plenty of conspiracy material attached to him - it's not as if people haven't gone over his life and career with a fine toothed comb already - I want proof other than some site by NightPoe or similar.

What I am asking for - and I can't make it any clearer - is that I want proof of V5 or similar virii appearing as part of the vampire 'reality' - as claimed by 'vampires', 'hunters' and 'fans' - before the idea was exposed to the public consciousness and popular culture in general by the fictional TV series Ultraviolet.

Basically, I want proof that these people who use these virii as evidence for the existence of vampires or as an explanation for vampires didn't take the premise from fiction like Ultraviolet and start claiming it as fact.

I can't make that any simpler, sorry.

So do you have information that may help me or are vampires purely fiction, made up by a british conspiracy?

No offence, but you're not making sense. "Made up by a british conspiracy"? Why would you think that I should believe that? I've already pointed out how the Ultraviolet TV series followed after the Buffy the Vampire Slayer film and series. Therefore, why should I think that vampires be 'made up' by a 'british conpiracy'?

I've already told you elsewhere what I think is the best way to approach the subject.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cardinalfanUSA

$99?!? That's like £50 here....as interesting and as much as I want that... sounds good - wonder if youtube have got it already?!
Have you seen that documentary? Ooh, I'm all excited at the fact I might be spending even more money that I can't afford!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

there are an awful lot of very slick sites on the web that promote vampirism as reality and make statements about vampires and their life styles but they don't reference any of their material.

when you see a site where they don't provide you with the details of the documents that drew them to their conclusions so that you can make up your own mind you should beware. many people on ATS, and elsewhere, find that this is done by people for a number of reasons that are not helpful to a search for knowledge. they may be trying to get you to give them money, or they may wish to get attention or they might take pleasure from trying to fool you, but they are not to be trusted.

if you want the truth, you need to look for reports from medical journals about this virus, alternatively look for information on the virus from before the screening of the idea on TV so that you get information that is not influenced by the TV series. look for references to old books that come from a number of sites. generally, your better off not trusting any information until they prove they are reliable rather than assuming they are correct.

many of us have spent a lot of time researching subjects that aren't exactly accepted by the normal man on the street, and it can be a nightmare trying to find reliable information.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
ok, so another words, practically none of the vampire material i find on the net is reliable! lol. I'm looking into the information I found about Lanzo. To help date when the V5 virus was being studied. But that doesnt prove that people were into vampires before buffy. I wasn't alive then. How do you want me to prove that people were interested in vampires before buffy? And to be honest Merriman, I don't want to. I dont want to waste my time looking up stuff about tv and the pop culture. I here trying to get answers of my own, not answer one's i know nothing about. I know i was interested in vampires before buffy came out. or atleast before i saw the show. All, i know is the alledged V5 virus was being studied in 1967. thats way before 1998. If it hit the movies, i have no idea. I wasnt born then and i dont watch too many movies. movies cloud ur mind with idiotic ideas of the real world. so on the subject of movies and which came out first, i'm done talking because i don't know. and don't care to argue about something that does not interest me. Cuz what i'm getting is that ur only wondering why vampires are so famous now after those shows and they weren't before. One answer, new world-new people.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i think the movie referance is because it is an idea that was first put forward in a movie. it is not something that was spoken about before the movie came out.

yes, almost all the information about vampires online is untrue.

the suggestion is that you should try to find details not related to the movies.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That's normally what I look for. That's why don't watch a bunch of movies. They do not interest me when the're false. I am going to see the twilight movie, but mostly because I love the actors and actresses. Kristen Stewart is one of my favorites. And my husband likes Rob Pattinson. But for the most part, I try to find things that do not relate to movies. If it sounds like or has links to a movie, I usually don't take it into consideration. I would like to be able to travel but with my life, its kinda hard. But it would be answer to find honest historical books that could help me elsewhere, because here, its all scifi. I do not believe that to be true for other countries. One of these days though, I'll find them. lol.

But i'm definitely not buying a dvd for $99! I don't care how long it is! lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join