It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia's marching in DC on Dec. 1 2008??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
via random stumbling I found this?

Is it for real? Is anyone going?

I wonder what a Capitol full of militia looks like...pretty freaking awesome?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That flyer looks like an old Print Shop project.
I would question its authenticity.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I hope it's real. These rich pieces of $hit in Washington need a wake-up call.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I too would question the flyers authenticity. I also live in downtown D.C. and I haven't heard about anything even remotely close to something like this happening.

Probably just a graphic someone whipped up for their webpage.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I hope it's realy, but a quick search on google doesn't bring anything up. Makes me wish I still lived in the D.C. area, Fredericksburg VA.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It seems pretty fake. First, there's a typo. From you local militia? Shouldnt it be from 'your' local militia?

Second, I would think they would use a more 'patriotic' image. The one in the flyer looks very much 'soviet' with the AK and threatening colors.

I would be expecting something like a tri-corner hat revolutionary holding an AR-15. Or, given what I know of some militia types, holding an FN FAL, the right arm of the free world.

It would be nice to think of it as being legit.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Too extreme to be taken seriously at face value, IMHO. The phrase "locked and loaded" and the absence of any militia name both got my attention immediately. Both the coincidence and contrast with This Militia Leader Speaking to the Senate Terrorism Subcommittee are very interesting to me.

At a glance I would rate the possibilities in the following order:

1. These people are too fringe to pull it off and nothing will happen.

2. It's cointelpro designed to separate the sheep from the wolves- they're trying to get dangerous idiots to bring their guns into one of the toughest anti-gun jurisdictions in the country so they can be arrested before they do something.

3. It's a ploy by militias who don't intend to do it to scare the government into taking them seriously.

Edit to add: It also lacks a designated meeting location and any information about group travel, lodging, registration, or contact. It's an invitation to be somewhere in the vicinity of capital hill at noon on december first. That kind of poor organization is an invitation to any number of technical violations that can shut down a protest. Militia types that I've heard from, at least in leadership, tend to be borderline obsessed with their own sense of legal savvy- and some of them actually have quite a bit of it (though others are way off).

[edit on 13-11-2008 by The Vagabond]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

like these?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

A litte less goofy. Something like this:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond