It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uri Geller Alien search on PRO7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hey, everyone who´s interested in alien stories should watch Pro7 (german tv channel, www.prosieben.de) on Saturday 20.15 Central European Time.

Uri Geller and a lot of other famous names like Nina Hagen try to establish a connection between Earth and extraterrestrial. They say that everyone could send his own message in space, then Pro7 tries to get some reaction with Satellite stations. But watch this video Uri Geller explains it .. ( some parts in german but the main speech is English

p.s if robbie williams reads this he could maybe eplain his experiences via telephone
, wouldnt that be a great idea
??

www.youtube.com... part1

www.youtube.com... part 2

[edit on 13-11-2008 by rob.j]

[edit on 13-11-2008 by rob.j]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Don't think I want to watch anything with Uri Geller in it. Sorry

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Is Uri going to send some bent spoons into space?

Who is Nina Hagen?

There is no spoon.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Nina hagen is a singer. Ninety nine airballoons was a hit many years ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nina Hagen is a famous singer in Germany and other countries who is known for alien researches etc etc

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rob.j

When one thinks of psychic frauds, the name Uri Geller comes to mind. I guess he has switched from psychic phenomena to aliens. I wonder how long it will be before he claims to have been abducted or contacted by aliens.

Uri Geller is not a good name to use for research purposes.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, to add to the Uri topic.

The scientists responsible for the governments remote viewing program had him evaluated oficially. Apparently he is 50% psychic and 50% magic show.

He aparently has a talent for remote viewing and even demonstrated his 'pshchic sight' by driving the scientists around in a car while blinded.

Other 'powers' he claimed to have were not able to be repeated in the carefully structured scientific study. It was postulated by the scientists that he truely does have some talent in certain areas, however, his blatent use of magic tricks and illusion in other areas has damaged his credability.

I personally try to keep an open mind about it, since R.Targ and H.Puthoff acknowledged at least some talent.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior
The scientists responsible for the governments remote viewing program had him evaluated oficially. Apparently he is 50% psychic and 50% magic show.

He aparently has a talent for remote viewing and even demonstrated his 'pshchic sight' by driving the scientists around in a car while blinded.

I personally try to keep an open mind about it, since R.Targ and H.Puthoff acknowledged at least some talent.

I would suggest Geller's only real talents are for basic sleight of hand and litigation against anyone who points out the obvious.

Is there a source for the remote viewing study? The thing about scientists - especially ones who already believe what they're looking for - is that science is an honest pursuit, in that scientists aren't always prepared for people who lie. One key fact to bear in mind about Geller is he may well have taken tests he knows he can pass, but he's consistently ducked being tested by actual magicians who might recognise techniques.

And many of them can replicate his feats pretty easily - in fact, from memory, there's a magician who very famously did the blindfolded driving trick. And as another magician supposedly said about Geller's face-contorted anguish while spoon-bending, "Well, if he's doing it for real, he's doing it the hard way".

[edit on 13-11-2008 by damagedoor]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Is there a source for the remote viewing study? The thing about scientists - especially ones who already believe what they're looking for - is that science is an honest pursuit, in that scientists aren't always prepared for people who lie.

Actually, they were quite skeptical about the whole thing regarding Geller. I believe that the gov't wanted him evaluated, not the other way around.
As for the methods, there is no possible way that he could have faked the RV data. If you look at how the tests were set up.

For the source: you'll have to forgive me. I have read so much on the subject that the books blend in my head sometimes. I can narrow it down to three books at least. Perhaps another member can verify. These are in order of probability. Remote Viewing (Jim Scnable), Psychic Spies (Jim Marrs), and Ingos book 'Penetration'.

I do know for a fact that I'm not misleading you though.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

As for the methods, there is no possible way that he could have faked the RV data. If you look at how the tests were set up.

No offence, but I imagine that's not true. You only need to look at some of the effects mentalists can achieve to see how convincing they can be. As just one example, you raised the blindfolded driving example, which you can buy a book telling you how to do online. I imagine remote viewing would be child's play, although I'm willing to be corrected. I've seen Derren Brown alone do stuff that's far more compelling than Geller ever managed.

I do know for a fact that I'm not misleading you though.

I certainly believe you're not doing so deliberately.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No offence, but I imagine that's not true. You only need to look at some of the effects mentalists can achieve to see how convincing they can be. As just one example, you raised the blindfolded driving example, which you can buy a book telling you how to do online. I imagine remote viewing would be child's play, although I'm willing to be corrected. I've seen Derren Brown alone do stuff that's far more compelling than Geller ever managed.

I completely agree with you on the driving thing. I was simply stating that the scientists thought it was interesting. There was no actual test that they set up for this. It was a demo of his 'gifts' set up by Geller himself. This could obviously fall into the 'trickery' category.

On the Remote Viewing subject ... I'll again state that there is no possible way the data was faked. The full experiment was described in detail. Coordinate remote viewing with a blind administrator was used. Neither Geller nor the admin knew what the target was. They only had a set of random numbers which represented the 'concept' of the RV target.

No offense intended, but it seems like your perception of true RV is off. The vast majority of public is misenformed about RV and they use the term lightly. I refer to true RV as being set up scientifically with many controls in place as well as blind or double blind admins and viewers.

If you would like I can give a brief description of a real RV session with controls in place.

As for the rest of psychic abilities testing, I am right there with you being very skeptical as to the methods and controls used. I simply have a detailed understanding of the RV process. Anyone can do remote viewing, but there are very strict protocols for a true RV session. Second, the experiments are usually repeated by multiple blind RV'ers and the data compiled by blind analysts. The numbers are always random. This is how I come to the firm conclusion that there is are no tricks involved. The scientific method is strictly enforced.

-Warrior

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior

Well, if nobody objects I'd definitely be interested, although it may be going a bit off-topic for this particular forum.

As things stand, I don't believe in RV at all - especially the idea that the human mind somehow has a (completely artificial) GPS system pre-installed that could interpret co-ordinates.

I also have trouble imagining how a scientific study could have an objective standard for success - one that could be repeated, with candidates genuinely weighted. A connected problem with the RV I've seen is that the answers are so vague, and play the odds: a close cousin to cold reading. For example, without any thought or prep at all, I would say I saw water. It would be a struggle for anyone to prove that wrong, since there may be unknown sources of water underground, water in pipes, rain in the air, and so on.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
So Uri Geller is trying to contact Aliens is he? with that mans superhuman powers to bend spoons with the strength of his fingers ,Oops , I mean mind, then he should have no trouble contacting aliens should he.?...

How pray tell is he going to contact them? with the power of the letter to the local postoffice maybe?
Spirit board perhaps?
Divining rods?
I got it , he's going to remote view via youtube, that way he'll have a video to show you all of his codlike , sorry I mean Godlike powers.....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
You know... Uri Geller is such a lowly con it's really remarkable.

That being said. My blood being mixed extends into a culture in Australia that has used story and to that end metaphor to explain our existence and give us rules to live by. Where I come from we send messages out to a specific star system where good spirits come from when we pray and have ceremony. I know that other people in North America do the same for certain ceremonies too. I think different indigenous people have different places they deem as special but if the common theme is ancient visitation then at least we may agree that there is life out there no matter how changed the stories have become with each generation. I send messages out everyday. Call it superstition but I believe there is truth somewhere in viral history and even moreso in ancient knowledge.

I have yet to read Robert Morningsky's "terra papers" document but I will be doing so soon and I will comment. I have to admit some of it seems pretty far-fetched. Where I come from it's not a shock story, it's just a simple tale without the social hierarchies.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No that was NENA

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior

I have read Jim Marrs' books on remote viewing, and he does not mention Mr Geller anywhere in those books. Mr Geller is a very good magician, and when he does his "psychic" abilities for scientists, he is still in entertainer mode.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
Mr Geller is a very good magician, and when he does his "psychic" abilities for scientists, he is still in entertainer mode.

That's the key thing. Scientists are okay. But, for some reason, he wimps out of tests handled by professional magicians.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I heard that URI was on the CIA payroll the same time ingo swann was doing the rounds with his metaphysical approach. URI definately has some abilities but unfortunately like everyone else he chose the money instead of development

new topics

top topics

join