It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns Nato

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
ok Russian, again - perhaps the Russians feel we are the enemy, but the majority of Americans do not feel that way, despite the fact, as you point out, that we are both the military "giants" of the world. I think we can co-exist because we have to, otherwise we are all dead from radiation you know. There is a reason that in the 40 some odd years of the cold war it never got hot.

And yes, I know he was KGB, and am well aware that he grew up believing the US was the enemy - as they were. But Putin is not stupid - he would not be in his position if he was. So unless he is insane, he would not fire at US planes, unless as I said, they had 1)crossed into Russian air space and 2) all attempts to tell the plane to turn back were ignored. Putin himself has his nation to lose if he simply would shoot down anything on sight.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is rediculous.

Russia can no longer challenge us in a conventional war. If they decided to launch nuclear missiles at us, we have the ability to wipe them completely from the face of the earth.

We have no reason to fear them, just like they have no reason to fear us.

Years from now I can see Russia as part of NATO, but then we will have to change the name.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I know that there are many Russians who do not see the US as an enemy of Russia as "Russian" points out.
By the same token, if Russia decided to shoot down an American plane illegally in it's airspace I seriously doubt that the US would do anything other than protest on diplomatic fronts.
That's not to say that there wouldn't be a further cooling of relations between Russia and the US but a shooting war over such an incident? No way.

If the US is illegally flying over any nation that nation reserves the right to shoot at the US plane and a shooting war probably would not errupt from the incident unless it is a setup to get the US to react violently to a nation already targeted by the administration and policy makers.

And Russia ain't targeted as a nation to get unfriendly with.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
cool hand - you, me, and the rest of the world knows this - but like I said, some don't want to admit it. So as far as they are concerned Russia won the cold war, and Russia is the real superpower.

Bios, you summed up what I was trying to say quite well

BTW, great post on the UACV's

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The point that many of you are missing is thus: The Russian people, for alot of really good reasons, tend to be very xenophobic.

One of the ways they release stress over their neighbors military movements is to make bellicose threats. This serves the purpose of providing comfort to the Russian people, who still fear invasion from outsiders. It is a unique bit of social phenomenae, but should dissolve away as the older Russian generations pass on.

I keep thinking about how great it could be if Russia and America could truely take advantage of each other's abilities and resources. Our technical ability coupled with Russia's raw power, work force, and resources - I think the rest of the world might get a little nervous.....

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well stated, Pyros!

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Agreed!

One thing to consider as well - if Russian scientists had US money. There are some VERY smart people over there.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
just wonderin why would the US even want to fly over russia ?

any way if the US and russia were serios allies then that would quite a anti terrisiom force u think or am i just slightly wrong aka completely wrong?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
This is rediculous.

Russia can no longer challenge us in a conventional war. If they decided to launch nuclear missiles at us, we have the ability to wipe them completely from the face of the earth.

Years from now I can see Russia as part of NATO, but then we will have to change the name.

If a nuclear war happens NOBODY will win.

US will not win either.

Just have a open mind and think about how much each counrty has nukes in their arsenals.

Out,
Russian

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
This should be in weaponry? I think. But Russia states that if the new country's of NATO get to close to Russia, they will deploy there aircrafts. Not sure if going to knock them out or.... but with NATO, perfect target practice for the f-22 test!

www.russiajournal.com...

When I tried your link it was dead.

Oh well...

Russia occassionally rattles her sabers just to appease her populace. However, that's not to say Russia is not genuinely concerned about NATO so close to her borders.

Nato and the US in particular should not actively seek to make Russia feel threatened - after all, a cooperative relationship in the war on terror would be good to nurture and maintain, plus we are economically linked to the benefit of us both.

If the unthinkable were to happen and for some crazy reason a shooting war were to erupt between NATO and Russia I would be very cautious of surepticious behavior by some less-than-aligned NATO states that would betray the war efforts of NATO as a whole, (use your imagination as to who I'm referring to).

As far as the post that asks whether there are F-22's covertly operational right now, I'd have to say that it's certainly possible. In fact, it would not surprise me if there might have been one or two Raptors "exercised" during the Iraq invasion, I'm not saying that happened, but the possibility is there...

The first official F-22 delivery to an Air force fighter wing will be to the 1st Fighter Wing, which consists of the 27th, 71st and 94th Fighter Squadrons. The 27th is slated to have them as early as this spring or early summer.

If you want to see Raptors there are currently some at Dobbins in Atlanta (more than a dozen at any given time outside the the Lockheed Plant), Tyndale and Eglin in Florida (training), Seymore Johnson in North Carolina (more training) and Edwards in California (tests), to name a few and of course an occassional visit at Langley.
Pilots and support crews from the 1st Wing are training, the planes are being "shaken out" for any bugs and various survivability and "package delivery" tests are ongoing.

But of course by talking about Raptors I've sort of gotten off the subject of the original post... so I'll shut up now and get back to work.
intelgurl~

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well Russian, your assuming they work, which by looking at the wargames they had recently...

but in all seriousness, we are all dead if nukes go flying, no doubt about it - niether side gets out alive.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just have a open mind and think about how much each counrty has nukes in their arsenals.

I am just curious as to how many of yours still work? Especially your mobile ICBM's after that test a few weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

This is rediculous.

If a nuclear war happens NOBODY will win.

US will not win either.

Out,
Russian

I think Russian had the best comment to put it in perspective of how the RUssian GOv feels.

Russia moves into Cuba. We would say all sorts of stuff and wouldnt put it past bush to attack.

Got me thinkin thans Russian

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah, for like 30 plus years there were Russians in Cuba.
Maybe not a large combat force but Russian military was there. In fact when they started putting nukes in Cuba is when the Cuban Missile crisis occurred.

I recall a conversation with an ex-navy seal I know whose team would make inspections of Cuban missile silos to make sure they were empty, this was done without the Cubans knowing of course.

He said that once back in the 1980's he was interviewed by Soldier of Fortune magazine concerning this and he was cleared to talk about it as long as the name of the country and names of the men were not mentioned.

It would probably be a good read but I've never taken the time to find it.

And by the way, I can personally attest about the Raptors at Dobbins AFB.

Really an incredible sight!

.bios

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by bios]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It always like that.

If US moves close to Russia (example: Poland) then Russia will be very edgy.

Also if Russia moves into Cuba. Well then you know that US is not happy with that because it has already happened once.

So if you look from a no side prospective then you will know that what US is doing right now is what they dont want done to them.

Out,
Russian

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
However, that's not to say Russia is not genuinely concerned about NATO so close to her borders.

Nato and the US in particular should not actively seek to make Russia feel threatened - after all, a cooperative relationship in the war on terror would be good to nurture and maintain, plus we are economically linked to the benefit of us both.

If the unthinkable were to happen and for some crazy reason a shooting war were to erupt between NATO and Russia I would be very cautious of surepticious behavior by some less-than-aligned NATO states that would betray the war efforts of NATO as a whole, (use your imagination as to who I'm referring to).

intelgurl~

Thank you for having a open mind to see both side.

It is good to know there is atleast some people that can think with a open mind without putting something in front of it.

Out,
Russian

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Also if Russia moves into Cuba. Well then you know that US is not happy with that because it has already happened once.

This begs two questions:
1. Why would Russia want to move into Cuba (again)? We know that they could not support overseas basing.

2. Why would the US care? Nowadays it would be a very easy thing to monitor them down there. Now if they tried to put nukes there again, that would be another story.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This begs two questions:
1. Why would Russia want to move into Cuba (again)? We know that they could not support overseas basing.
Just a sceniro to think about

2. Why would the US care? Nowadays it would be a very easy thing to monitor them down there. Now if they tried to put nukes there again, that would be another story. Why would US care? Well because of the same reason Russia cares about it now. What would most people say(most of you as I see dislike Russia) about Russian troops 50-100 miles from US?

Out,
Russian

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Anyone else have this Cold War kinda feeling ever since we invaded Iraq? It's always been in the back of my mind ever since and now with Putin pulling his crap, it's coming to surface...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Anyone else have this Cold War kinda feeling ever since we invaded Iraq? It's always been in the back of my mind ever since and now with Putin pulling his crap, it's coming to surface...

Dont worry it will never go away.

As I said for the cold war to stop one or the other country has to conquer the other.

Out,
Russian

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join