It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns Nato

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This should be in weaponry? I think. But Russia states that if the new country's of NATO get to close to Russia, they will deploy there aircrafts. Not sure if going to knock them out or.... but with NATO, perfect target practice for the f-22 test!

www.russiajournal.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I wish I could prove it. But I got an inside word, that there are some F-22 being used already.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Three did a fly-over at the Bristol race this past Sunday.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Several Former USSR now independent countries were given NATO status yesterday.

Bulgeria for example is one.

A freind of mine is a Bulgarian now US citizen and his reaction was,..

"Oh, I'm sure they (Bulgarians) are celebrating this now (sarcastically).
He implied the less-than wonderful news as received by the Bulgarian sentiment.

I wonder how many of the recent 'inductee's' are not necessarily overjoyed at this event.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Russia isn't going to do squat - they aren't in a position to take on NATO anymore. There ships are rusting, there aircraft are outdated, they can't pay for training, and for crying outloud their nukes missfired in their last wargames!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I wish I could prove it. But I got an inside word, that there are some F-22 being used already.

There are over a dozen operating F-22's at any given time over at the Lockheed plant at Dobbins AFB in Atlanta.
If you want to see Raptors go to Atlanta.
They officially won't be delivered to the fighter wing at Langley until later this year but they are all over the place down there in Atlanta.
There's also a few down at Tyndale AFB in florida as well as some at Edwards acording to Intelgurl.

She says there are X-35's at Lockheed at Dobbins too but I didn't see any when I was there.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There planes are going to get cut by 50% in 2010 80% in 2015. www.russiajournal.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
There planes are going to get cut by 50% in 2010 80% in 2015. www.russiajournal.com...

Yeah, but that's civil aviation not military.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I know, I didnt want to start a new post so i just decided to post it here

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
think of what usa would do if migs were flying over nyc, land laxpla and americanbrainwashedzombie, shut the # up about what you dont know of,
i have no doubt that nato will get a slap in the face very soon

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
think of what usa would do if migs were flying over nyc, land laxpla and americanbrainwashedzombie, shut the # up about what you dont know of,
i have no doubt that nato will get a slap in the face very soon

Is that really necessary?
No, it isn't.
Laxpla's comments at least were not offensive, just facts and mild opinion.
I can see how American Mad Man's statement might piss you off but I'm sure you can counter his statement intelligently instead of resorting to verbal abuse.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

OK SectorGaza - first off, NATO planes will not be flying over RUSSIAN land, but our allies land. Even if we were to fly over Russian land, do you really think Russia would shoot down our aircraft and risk starting WWIII? If you believe they would you are uninformed. They may request that they leave Russian airspace, if that does not work then maybe they would start to THINK about shooting them down.

As for who would win the NATO vs. Russian conflict - well, most people would die if someone launched nukes, so i'd say both sides lose. If it stays conventional, NATO wins. Sorry. Probably the bloodiest war in history, but in the end, NATO wins. More men, better tech, better industrial base.

Your "Americanbrainwashedzombie" comment was somewhat ammusing, but I am anything but. I respect the Russian military, I admire their patriotism, and realize that the US doesn't make the best of everything and isn't the best at everything. However, we ARE the most powerful nation in the world. That is a FACT. That includes Russia. Our military is the most advanced. That is a FACT. Again, THAT INCLUDES RUSSIA. If you disagree, you need to take a closer look at who is brainwashed buddy.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I can see how American Mad Man's statement might piss you off

I can too, but the fact remains that what I said is true. If he thinks it so offensive, maybe he should get angry at the Russian Gov./military, and not me. I didn't do anything to the state of the Russian armed forces, I just said that since they have such obvious flaws in a otherwise powerful military they wouldn't go picking a fight with the only world super power. The funny thing is, everyone knows what I said is true, but some people still think otherwise. So much for "deny ignorance."

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Mad Man, that kind of knee jerk reaction is typical of the low self esteem these guys apparently have over a fallen superpower.

His comment "i have no doubt that nato will get a slap in the face very soon!" is like a chihuahua dog nervously pissing itself while growling and barking and wishing it was a big dog.

Generally whatever this guy accuses you of is exactly what he is guilty of doing.

Typical, typical, typical

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well let's see,

"Much ado, about nothing" Shakespear

Grow up children, life is short

Tututkamen

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Russia right now will start joint exterise with NATO.

And with Nato at Russian door steps it will not help them.

Because countries tend to get very ichy when the former and present enemy is at its door steps.

Out,
Russian

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

His comment "i have no doubt that nato will get a slap in the face very soon!" is like a chihuahua dog nervously pissing itself while growling and barking and wishing it was a big dog.

I wouldn't equate Russia with a chihuahua pissing it's self as you put it, but yeah, the Russians are clinging to the power they had from the 50's-80's. I just think it is pathetic that everyone seems to think that the US is so powerless to everyone else. Everywhere I look on these military threads it's all these people saying that all the US stuff stinks and what not. And it's all totall BS and even they know it. The Euro-fighter destroying F-22's
. Please. Then there is the Russians, talking about the Mig 1.42 - which isn't even being made - being a Raptor killer, having "plasma stealth generators"
. Get real, you know. The US is not invincable, nor do they make the absolute best of everything as I said, but for these people to dilute themselves into thinking that "their country can rip the US a new one" is pathetic.

Russia right now will start joint exterise with NATO.

Why would Russia get nervous if they are working with NATO?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Why would Russia get nervous if they are working with NATO?

Why would you get nervous if your former enemy that in now stonger then you knock on your door?

Out,
Russian

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Why would you get nervous if your former enemy that in now stonger then you knock on your door?

this is my point - if i'm the Russians, I wouldn't get nervous. The US has no reason to attack Russia. The US won the cold war, they got rid of the communism there, that was the goal - not to invade.

And as you pointed out, we are conducting exercises together, and have had much improved relations in the last 10+/- years. Plus, even the mighty US isn't in a position to attack Russia - think middle east. Hell, the american public is screaming about losing a few hundred men over in Iraq. Could you imagine what would happen if the US tried to invade, and we lost 10,000 men the first week? My point is that the US isn't even hostile towards Russia anymore, and I just think that this General that spoke in that artical was stupid for getting all worked up over this. Now, if we had deployed all our stuff around Russia and had bad relations, then yeah, I could see them getting nervous

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

this is my point - if i'm the Russians, I wouldn't get nervous. The US has no reason to attack Russia. The US won the cold war, they got rid of the communism there, that was the goal - not to invade.

And as you pointed out, we are conducting exercises together, and have had much improved relations in the last 10+/- years. Plus, even the mighty US isn't in a position to attack Russia - think middle east. Hell, the american public is screaming about losing a few hundred men over in Iraq. Could you imagine what would happen if the US tried to invade, and we lost 10,000 men the first week? My point is that the US isn't even hostile towards Russia anymore, and I just think that this General that spoke in that artical was stupid for getting all worked up over this. Now, if we had deployed all our stuff around Russia and had bad relations, then yeah, I could see them getting nervous

I am not the Russian president.

Also Putin is not Yeltsin. Yeltsin listen to everything US told him.

Putin on the other hand is a former KGB US spy.

So he doesnt have much love for US.

Also US will always be Russias enemy. To gaints can live together.

Also think of US reaction if Russian had some of their military in Cuba?

US its self would not be a happy kid on the block.

So go figure.

US and and Russia are enemies for life until one takes over the other.

Out,
Russian

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join