It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster Capitalism in Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

www.naomiklein.org

Treasury Department Snuck a Windfall Clause for Banks into the Bailout Bill

Amit R. Paley, Washington Post, November 10, 2008

"The financial world was fixated on Capitol Hill as Congress battled over the Bush administration's request for a $700 billion bailout of the banking industry. In the midst of this late-September drama, the Treasury Department issued a five-sentence notice that attracted almost no public attention.

"But corporate tax lawyers quickly realized the enormous implications of the document: Administration officials had just given American banks a windfall of as much as $140 billion.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
online.wsj.com
www.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 13-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is somethign I've been harping about, this tax code that was repealed. So when they gave there buddies 350 billion of our money, not only did they get to gobble up other business', they got a tax break for it too!

I gotta reccommend this book to anyone who wants to understand what free market economics are about. And how the Globalists get there agenda pushed forward through Disasters, natural or man made.
The book talks about the dictators we propped up in south america, then sent students from the Chicago School of Economics to experiment in there RADICAL LIBERAL Free Market Ideals. Used Iraq and Katrina to not only profit but push forward there agenda.

Took me over a month to read the book cause I kept reading into the sources, to understand better, what the agenda is really about.

www.naomiklein.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Seriously no takers? This tax loophole is probably one of the biggest smoking guns the corprotists/globalists have control or our government and our media. It took months for this story to shed light, and when it does it's on freaking election day! When no one is looking. And certainly no Cable News show would notice or carry it anyways, except Rachel Maddow who first pointed this out to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So I guess no one cares teh Department of Treasury unilaterally gave corporations we just bailed out $140billion in tax cuts? Widening our deficit even more.

O I forgot there's more pressing issues, Obama not born in the country!(hawaii confirmed the Birth Certificate), Obama didn't register for Selective Service (if it is true they can't prosecute him now) and my favorite Obama is the antichrist!

Why doesn't everyone focus on Obama when he is in office. Last time I checked Bush is still President and he's finding more and better ways to stick it to us before he leaves.

top topics

join