It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-75 Holding Pen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A couple of years ago I lived in Florida and was driveing south past Gainsville on I-75 in the middle of nowhere, and admitedly there was some road construction underway. There on the left hand side of the freeway going south was brand new empty huge paved area maybe 1/2 mile square, surrounded with at least 12' maybe 18' high heavy duty fences, topped with razor wire, at the side was an empty new cement blockhouse, with feed lines. All brand new, empty and completed ,with the look that it had been that way for awhile.I remember saying to myself that looks like some temporary prison holding camp but it was between two truck weigh stations and with the road construction I thought they might just be rebuilding the weigh stations.I have seen other fenced weigh stations but never with concertina wire and no pull in for scales. Now Some years later I am reading multiple posts that these sort of facilities are popping up all over the country in exactly the same sort of in your face slightly disguised repetitive fashion.Unfortunately in these days of terrorist attack I can see where the government might say we have to pull everything off the road and keep things clear untill we figure out whats going on. If thats true, then I think it behooves the government to tell the people that thats whats going to happen, rather than people panicing because there has been some major kind of terroist attack and then there are soldiers penning up citizens at gun point until things can be sorted out.If thats what it is? I am amazed that what I saw is almost exactly what other people are reporting.We know Rumsfeld and other committees are meeting to merge a National Guard, DOD response to a national terrorist attack and I am sure some sort of martial law is part of those plans.They have to be out front and announce that as some sort of civil defense action plan, and then that has to be debated.Then if that sad day and that plan activated we will know that it has been openly debated.If my suspicions are true I do not like the government building facilities without the open debate first.The media released some bare amount of news that Bush had signed some sort of shaddow government contingency plan in case of nuclear attack.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I dont remember the name of the movie, but there were all these terrorist attacks on the US.

So they had all these arabs rounded up into those camps, and the military was patrolling the city streets.

Im geussing after 9 - 11 that theyre expecting some sort of scenario of the same sort....

its rather disgusting actually.

That all men are brothers, yet we slaughter eachother for our own gain.

I think humanity will end itself if we dont learn to accept eachother soon.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It doesn't seem very smart to build a prison, or even a "temporary holding pen" right next to the highway like that. I can thing of several simple security concerns. Maybe it was a staging area for construction equipment?

new topics

join