It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google to Spy on Users Conducting Flu Searches, Report Details to U.S. Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Google to Spy on Users Conducting Flu Searches, Report Details to U.S. Government

www.naturalnews.com

Google has hatched a new plan to spy on its users and report search details to the U.S. government: It will now monitor searches for flu-related keywords in an effort to determine whether a pandemic outbreak is occurring in a specific geographic region. This data will be reported in real time to the U.S. government, where offices like the CDC can take action to halt the outbreak. It sounds nice until you recognize what's really happening here: Google is snopping on the search entries of private users and reporting it to the federal government! This could lead to lots of disturbing spy operations on the citizens. What's next? If you search for "vaccine side effects," will you be visited by health authorities who will have you arrested for resisting mandatory vaccines? The Google / Big Government relationship is just a little too cozy for comfort.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I agree even though this may sound good it still begs the question what other searches that we do might they come across if its popular and needs to be censored.

This is taking our privacy invasion even further.

They can already spy on youtube, facebook and myspace accounts not just the government but even other business spy on you to know what you are up too. So if you put your private life on the internet you can be sure either the government, your boss or those closest to you can just look you up and see what you are doing without your approval.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is just the beginning. A test if you will. It is not a test of this technology as I believe they are already doing this on many fronts. But a test to see if the public will tolerate this type of privacy intrusion being known to it. I am sure they will say that the results will be kept anonymous, but that is for now and is just according to them.

Soon, they will be publicly monitoring all sorts of searches and sending the results back to the government.

I fear that the freedoms we hold dear in the internet today will only be a dream in less than a decade.

I for one will have little use for a censored internet. Not because I have something to hide, but because I value my privacy and do not trust their intentions.

I mean, would you want every tv show you watched to be scrutinized and kept in a database for some future interpretation about your psyche?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Not just our psyche possibly even for consumerism. Youch this is getting worriesome by the minute.
Ive got nothing to hide but i do look up alot of alternative information that may be censored by media.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join