It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this pilot skilled or what.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I dont think to many pilots would pool this stunt off if they lost a wing.

Take a look

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
What's with the "[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66] " message?

Anyway, the video looks terribly fake towards the end as the plane lands awkwardly. Still kinda neat though.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well it didn't accrue to me that this would be fake. It probably is a bit over the top. But if it is real this pilot has ball of steal.

It ain't the first time some one has landed a plain with just one wing.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That was way cool!! Why does every vid posted have someone say it's fake? Isn't this whole site about the unusual? Prove that it's faked and I'll be happy to believe you. Till then, how about a flag or two this guy that found something interesting and posted it?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Why would anyone believe this was fake? You can clearly see the pilot in the plane at the end of the video.

Anyway, that was some absolutely awesome flying. Had the title not hinted to the videos ending, I would have thought for sure it was going to end in a ball of fire.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Although the landing scene is very sketchy (It almost looks like a remote controlled plane at that point). It has been done before, with amazing footage.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It's fake, and it's pretty obvious it's a fake.

The first thing that came to my mind was that it sounds completely fake.
The camera work is fake.
There is a darken Vignette effect, which is fake.
The comments by spectators are fake.
The way the plane flies is completely fake.
The way the plane lands is completely fake. It bounced.
It lands at about 5km/h. Fake.
It stops in about 1 metre. Fake.
It goes out of focus right at the moment of landing.
The comments by spectators are once again fake.
The plane is obvious computer generated.
The way the plane taxis is fake.
The prop stops in like 1 second. Fake.
The guy running towards the plane at the end is obvious super imposed onto a fake image. Fake.

[edit on 13/11/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

I have to agree with CObzz. A lot of aviation websites are crying fake on this one too.

www.reggiepaulk.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If i'm correct, it's a viral marketing campaign for KillaThrill

KillaThrill Generates Huge Buzzkill With Viral Airplane Crash Video
Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Well, the guys at KillaThrill are actually trying to keep the subterfuge going with a new website that shows their "pilot" in an interview right after his so-called flight. James Andersson is supposedly a pilot in the Red Bull Air Race, but if you notice the photos, you never actually see the Red Bull logo. Of course, a quick check with Red Bull themselves will show you he doesn't exist. Here's their roster in case you're curious: Link

www.reggiepaulk.com...
www.jamesandersson.com...
www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When the wing came off there was no debris, im not an expert on prop driven planes but im pretty sure at least SOME parts will fall off. Also the landing was too short for an airplane that just lost its wing, i think it might be a model in the beginning and cg more towards the end.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
OK. I belive you. Thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
It ain't the first time some one has landed a plain with just one wing.

Well the vid in question is clearly CGI, that post about the viral confirmed that in my mind.

But to answer your question... No! Check out the Isrealli dude flying an F-15 with one wing...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I swear i just saw this...

Oh wait...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Less then a week ago... i think it is totaly fake... maybe the plane flying is real, but there are parts that are very easy to see is fake...

There IS a real Pilot that landed a plane with one wing.

The F-15...

Piloted by an Isreali Pilot...

Very lucky..

I see the person above me posted the same video...
I just saw the first post, and then found the thread from a couple days ago.

My bad

And the knowlegeble Internos looks like he found it out...
Its a viral marketing campain... not bad...

[edit on 11/14/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

There IS a real Pilot that landed a plane with one wing.

I've heard of the phrase "On a wing and a prayer" lol but man thats some pretty fancy flying

Top Gun eat ya heart out. "Never leave your wing man!" lol

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Get a grip kids.
The circulating video of the prop-driven plane landing with one wing is indeed a fake.
No question.
The end of the video is clearly (no pun intended) digitally clipped, enhanced, smoothed and edited/added to.

The last in flight seconds (just prior to and on touch down) are aerodynamically impossible and it is highly unlikely the undercarriage would have survived such a sudden and pressured touchdown.
Notice that the plane lacks bounce or even any flexible give in the undercarriage when it touches down.
A plane (any plane) of any weight would have sunk slightly into the undercarriage on impact during such a heavy landing.
It's a drone/RC/model on touchdown, then after digital enhancement, it's the real McCoy with the pilot emerging.

It is great I might add to entertain and contemplate such wonderful thoughts when first seeing, this that someone was so talented under threat of certain imminent death that they could actually do something like this, but it's terribly deflating to research it and discover that, it is a fake.

See this link and see more:
www.hoax-slayer.com...

There's others more official and scientifically credible that will dispel any thought that this was real but I've got better things to do with my time.
It looks more like something that Pixar did like in Shrek etc...

The Israeli pilot incident was real from what I understand.............

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

I don't believe it's fake. I believe this little airplane has a huge power-to-weight ratio, which allows it to overcome the loss of one wing so long as the pilot can figure out how to use the contols, and power, to counteract the asymmetric lift condition. The plane doesn't make a normal landing, which is why it stops so quickly: it makes a kind of controlled crash on its tail or perhaps tailwheel in a way that results in no apparent damage. There is no long landing roll because most of the plane's energy is headed straight down, not forward, but it is counteracted by the thrust of the propellor. When the pilot makes ground contact, he cuts the power and allows the nose to drop on. There is nothing fake about how quickly the prop stops. That's normal. The way the video camera searches to focus on a distant subject strikes me as authentic, also.

new topics

top topics

join