It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the US have Nukes in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So the grapevine says the only weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, is the underground nuclear missile base activity implemented and maintained by the United States, a supposed black ops sort of deal.
Im curious, how many others have heard of this?
Its supposedly a system tied to a means to destroy nukes sent by Russia or China before they leave their countries borders so that way all the fallout will land in their own country.
Does anyone have any additional info on this? Should I not be talking about this?

[edit on 11/12/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that

Probably the only Nukes nearby would be aboard a US warship.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Given the inherant instability in Iraq, nukes would be the height of folly. Some on board warships off the coast...sure, but on land? No, I don't think so.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
well thats weird, because this is the second time Ive heard this from someone in the military, at first I thought it was just some military dude trying to sound cool about his black ops stints, but hearing it a second time, caused me to make this post.

Inherent instability in Iraq, how does that stop anything? Would it not make sense for a black operation to be done in a situation where no one will believe it is possible? I mean, we do have missing money issues and whatnot, really, I dont think its that far fetched, it makes more sense than the star gate WMD theory for Iraq, but then again, that makes a lot of sense too within that belief system.
If this is something real, and its not supposed to be talked about, I respect that, just send me a u2u to tell me to stop betraying my country and Ill U2U the mods to inform them they must delete this thread due to national security issues.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
well thats weird, because this is the second time Ive heard this from someone in the military, at first I thought it was just some military dude trying to sound cool about his black ops stints, but hearing it a second time, caused me to make this post.

I think it was just some ass-hat trying to sound like he knows something.

I seriously doubt there are any underground bases in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The inherent political instability would make it easier for insurgents/terrorists to possibly mount an operation that might successfully lay hands on a nuke, which of course would be a bad thing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The US only maintains ground based nuclear storage sites in very few countries outside the CONUS. The nearest depot in the region would be located in Israel. We maintain several storage facilities there which have conventional munitions, fuel and other supplies for 30 days of high tempo operations, should the need arise.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't see what use moving nuclear weapons to Iraq would have for operational purposes?
If the intention is to strike at Russia or China, why bother moving them to Iraq?
When you have SSBN's and the capability to strike from home anyway?
Launching them from Iraq wont save the US from a strike on the US mainland, if things came to that, and I seriously doubt it will come to that any time soon.

Doesn't make much sense. Sorry.

top topics

join